27th April 2013, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

How can I join Air Force?

How can I join the airforce?...could u please send to me the details

12th February 2014, 12:05 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: How can I join Air Force?

You can be a part of any of the three branches of the Airforce after completing your graduation, Flying Branch, Technical Branch and Ground Duties Branch. Air Force Common Admission Test or AFCAT is by far the biggest exam conducted for entry into the IAF. Candidates after appearing for the written test has to undergo (AFSB)SSB . The written test is same for all the candidates irrespective of the Branch Applied i.e. Flying, Technical or Ground Duties. Age should be between 19-23 Years and aspiring candidates has to be Graduates (Three Year Course) in any discipline and have Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level OR BE / B Tech (Four Year Course) and should scored Minimum 60% in all papers put together.
For technical entry, both Male/Female candidates should be between 18-28 Years and have acquired four year degree qualification from a recognized University.
13th February 2014, 12:41 PM
SATYAVATHI KOTTURU
Member+

The selection procedure for defence services is like this...
1.NDA test
2.interview
3.medical tests.....
50% marks are the qualification..
age limit is up to 27 years
23rd February 2014, 10:46 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

You did not mention the highest level of academic qualification that you have which is very important in providing guidance to your query.

You can make your entry into Air Force either after completion of your 12th class or after completion of your Graduation also.

If 12th class is you highest level of academic qualification, then you have to crack NDA Exam which is the common written exam to be placed in various defence services like
Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

The selection involves the following rounds
NDA Exam
Interview
Medical Test

To join Army, any stream in 12th class is acceptable for the candidates.

But to join Navy and Air Force, it is must that you should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as compulsory subjects.

Required age should be 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

If your highest level of academic qualification is Graduation, then you have to crack CDS Exam.

This is the common written exam to be placed in various defence services like
Indian Military Academy
Indian Naval Academy
Indian Air Force Academy etc.

To join IAF, you should have completed your Graduation.

Your subjects in 12th class should be Mathematics and Physics.

Your age should be between 19-23 years.

As both these exams are being conducted by UPSC, you can visit the official website of UPSC for updated information.

Here it is,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?