21st February 2012, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification criteria for food inspector?

can you give qualification criteria for foood inspector?...please tell me what is it

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum qualification required for Food Inspector post?
  2. Previous years question papers of food inspector of MP? Information about eligibility criteria of food inspector?
  3. Can i fill Drug Inspector and Food Inspector form being a B.Pharma final year student?
  4. Previous years question papers of food inspector of Madhya Pradesh? What is the eligibility criteria for food inspector?
  5. What is the qualification criteria for food inspector?
  6. Required Qualification to apply for Food Inspector? How to apply for this? What syllabus to prepare for this?
  7. Qualification required for food inspector (mpsc) examination
  8. How may I get the Syllabus of food inspector exam held in Madhya Pradesh? What's the eligibility criteria for the same?
  9. Eligibility criteria for Food Inspector Exam? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Information about Food Inspector entrance exam? What is the procedure and syllabus?
  11. What's the syllabus and eligibility criteria for food inspector recruitment exam in Madhya Pradesh? How may I get the previous years question papers for the same?
  12. What type of qualification is needed to apply for food inspector exam?
  13. How to apply for Food or Drug Inspector exam? Syllabus and eligibility criteria?
  14. Educational qualification required for food inspector? Eligibility for undergraduates?
  15. Eligibility criteria for appearing in Food Inspector examination? -- [New]
  16. How can I get syllabus for food inspector exam of Madhya Pradesh?
  17. Eligibility criteria for food inspector?
  18. Am i eligible for Food Inspector job being physically handicapped?
21st March 2012, 07:18 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria for food inspector?

You should be a graduate in science to attend the All India Food inspector exam. This exam is conducted by UPSC. Those who are graduates in areas such as pharmacy, dairy technology, food technology, agriculture, can apply for the test. Those who are applying should have studied chemistry as a compulsory subject in the graduation level. You can also apply for the exam, if you have undergone training in food inspection.
2nd April 2012, 07:30 PM
Unregistered

i have done B.A. , L.L.B. and M.B.A. Am i eligible for food inspector exam?
14th May 2012, 04:33 PM
Unregistered

is physiotherapist is eligible for food inspector exam............?
25th July 2012, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam,
I am Rakesh R Unnithan i have completed my B.SC Graduation from chemistry and i want to apply for food inspector may i konw the qualification required for food inspector i only have 48% in my graduation am i eligible and how i can apply for it and please let me konw the syllabus for the exam plese do the needful.
25th July 2012, 07:16 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
can you give qualification criteria for foood inspector?...please tell me what is it
Food Inspector is one of the most important jobs that concerneds each and every single person in India. Food Inspector plays very important role by visiting places where food items are stored to check whether such places meet the santiation standards set by the central and state government.

Food inspector can also obtain the sample of food item, whichever it may be and send it to labs for further inspection. The general idea behind sending food items to lab is to check out if the food item is using any banned substance. This practice is often done for the packed food items, junk food, soft drinks etc.

Food inspector can also check whether any junk food item whether its chips or something else, is rightly pointing out the percentage of fat content in the food item. If found out that food item contains more fat then it is mentioned of the wrapper, action could taken against the company.

Such practice ensures that food item, water, soft drink etc we consumer are not harmful to our health in any way possible. This is quite critical for ordinary people like you and me to stay healthy.

To become Food Inspector in India, candidates are required to appear in All India Food Inspector Exam conducted by the UPSC. Here are the eligibility criteria:

Nationality:

Only Indian Nationals can apply.

The age limit to appear in food inspector exam is 21 to 30 for general candidate.

The maximum age limit is increased by 3 years for the Other Backward Class candidate.

The age limit for SC/ST candidates is 21 to 35 years.

Qualification:

Graduate degree in medicine with training in food inspection.

A graduation degree with Science and chemistry as one of the subjects.

You can also apply for the food inspector exam if you have bachelor's degree in any of the courses mentioned below.

Medicine

Pharmacy

Food Technology

Dairy Technology

Agriculture

Your degree should be from a recognized university to apply for Food Inspector Exam.

Structure and Pattern of Exam

Questions of the UPSC All India Food Inspector Exam would be related to:

1. Technical related Questions.

2. Science Subjects.

3. Numerical Ability.

4. GK Questions.

5. English Language

The duration of the exam is 150 minutes.
25th July 2012, 07:39 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Indian Candidate those have completed your graduation in medical
are eligible for food inspector

The age limit to appear in food inspector exam is 21 to 30 for general candidate.

The maximum age limit is increased by 3 years for the Other Backward Class candidate.

The age limit for SC/ST candidates is 21 to 35 years.

Food inspector exam conducted by UPSC you can more information at -www.upsc.gov.org
25th July 2012, 07:49 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Candidate should be graduate from recognized University or Institution or its equivalent and should have passed Punjabi subject upto Matric standard

18 to 35 years

Upper age Limit is relaxable to the extent of 5 years for Scheduled Castes/Tribes/Backward Classes and upto 10 years for physically handicapped persons
25th July 2012, 07:53 PM
anu kumari 2
Senior Member+

Candidate should be graduate from recognized University or Institution or its equivalent and should have passed Punjabi subject upto Matric standard

18 to 35 years

Upper age Limit is relaxable to the extent of 5 years for Scheduled Castes/Tribes/Backward Classes and upto 10 years for physically handicapped persons
25th July 2012, 08:19 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hiiii....!!!!

-->you should be indian.

-->for general category age limit is 21-30 years.

-->for SC/ST age limit is 21-35 years.

-->graduate degree in medicine with training in food inspector.

-->you can apply for following courses:-

-->medicine

-->phamacy

-->food technology

-->dairy technology

-->agriculture

-->your degree should be from a recognised university.

structure and pattern of exam.

*Questions of the upsc all india food inspector exam would be related to:

-technicel questions

-science subjects

-numerical ability

-GK question

-english language

all the best....go ahead!!
25th July 2012, 08:58 PM
DENBANITARUN

I am a graduate in food processing and engineering. Can I apply for the post of Food Inspector? Now I am studying for M.Tech in food
25th July 2012, 09:33 PM
sahiljain12

Smile Re: What is the qualification criteria for food inspector?

hi Friend,

To be a Food inspector there are various exams which are conducted for the recruitment of food inspectors.So these exams are:
• UPSC entrance exam
• All India Food Inspector Exam
• Punjab Food Supplies Department Exam
• Every state's public service commission.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR FOOD INSPECTOR IS:

1)A candidate must be a graduate in any field from any recognized University.

2)A candidate should possess at least 120 hours course with working experience in the use of Personal Computers or Information Technology in office Productivity applications or Desktop Publishing Applications from a Govt. recognized institution or a reputed institution which is ISO 9001 certified. Or

A computer Information Technology Course equivalent to ‘O’ level certificate of DOEACC of Govt. of India.

Age Limit:

The age of an candidate must be between 18 to 35 years

The Upper age Limit is relaxable upto 5 years for Scheduled Castes/Tribes/Backward Classes and upto 10 years for physically handicapped persons.

Reservation:

There are some seats reserved for candidates belonging to these categories. SC/ST, BC, EX-Servicemen, Handicapped persons, freedom fighter & Sports persons, Categories.

APPLICATION FORM:

The application form can be filled online on the official website of your's state public service commission.

THE DEPARTMENT OF FOOD,CIVIL SUPPLIES AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS, PUNJAB has the application form for Inspectors Food & Supplies Grade-II.

Number of Posts: 330 (SC: 153, ESM: 141, Sportsman: 23, PH: 13)

Pay Scale: Rs. 5910-20200 (Grade Pay Rs. 2800)

Age Limit: 18-37 years (as on Jan 31, 2011)

Application Fee:

SC: Rs. 350

Others: Rs. 700

Application fee to be paid by DD/ Pay Order/ Bankers Cheque/ Postal Order in favour of Director Food and Supplies payable at Chandigarh. Candidate should write their name and addresses on the back of payment instrument.

How to Apply:

Application on prescribed format should reach Office of Director Food and Civil Supplies, Punjab, Jeevandeep Building (LIC), Sector-17-B, Chandigarh on or before the last date.

GOOD LUCK.
25th July 2012, 10:19 PM
padmasree253

Thumbs up Re: What is the qualification criteria for food inspector?

HI FRIEND

For the Food inspector post you have to write the food inspector exam conducted by the UPSc every year in the month of july.

Eligibility for the food inspector job :

Education qualification:
1.you must be graduate in agriculture/pharmacy/food technology/diary technology from any recognized collage.
or
Graduation in the medical also eligible for this post.
or you have taken the chemistry,biology,agriculture then you are eligible for this exam.

Age limit:
limit for the food inspector exam is 21 years to 30 years
Physical standards are given below :-
mim. Height-157.5 cm.
*Chest-81 cm
*Walking-1600 in 15 min.
*Cycling- 8 km in 30 min.

NAtionality: indian.

Application Procedure of the All India Food Inspector Exam

To obtain the forms, applicants can rely up on the general post offices within the country.

As the test is conducted all over India, applicants can procure the same from any GPO offices across the country by remitting the required application fee.

After filling the forms, applicants should send it to the official address of UPSC.

Selection process:
1.written test
2.Interview

Exam Pattern:

The test consists of a Written exam and an Interview.

Paper I: General awareness , Aptitude ,English

Paper II And III: Objective Questions

Paper IV and V: Subjective Questions

So you can be selected after the qualify the written test and interview.

Pay scale: Rs 10,000 to Rs 40,000

for more details visit:
www.upsc.gov.in

ALL THE BEST...
3rd August 2012, 11:05 PM
Unregistered

when will be the next exam conducted??
when the forms will be available and where??
9th August 2012, 09:15 PM
Unregistered

sr i done my bhm&ct degree can i applied for this job
10th August 2012, 05:07 PM
subhangnambardar
Senior Member+

In order to apply for Food Inspector exam the candidate must be graduate in Food Technology/Pharmacy/Agriculture/Dairy Technology. The graduate in Medicine trained in food Inspection are also eligible to apply for this exam. Ordinary science graduate with Chemistry as one of the subject are also be eligible for this test.

For further information you may log on to official web site of UPSC i.e. www.upsc.gov.in
4th October 2012, 09:25 PM
Unregistered

is it compulsory to study civics,history, geography and all the other subjects included in the punjab civil service exam syllabus ? or i need to go for other exam which is mainly based on food science and technology for food inspector exam? syllabus for punjabi and english aren't done in detail in our course!
13th October 2012, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

I have done masters in microbiology. Am i elligible for giving the enterence exam for food inspector?
23rd August 2020, 07:54 PM
Unregistered

I have done masters in Chemistry. Am I eligible for the food inspector exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?