27th February 2017, 10:36 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? How should I prepare for the entrance exam?

Respected Sir, I want to join the Indian Navy as it is my dream from Childhood so I want to know what is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? How should I prepare for the entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. How can I join the Indian Navy? What is the qualification criteria required? -- [New]
  2. Can I join the Indian Navy after completing class 10th? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  3. What is the qualification criteria required to apply for the Indian Navy?
  4. What is the procedure to join the Merchant Navy? What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join?
  5. What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out?
  6. What are the eligibility criteria required to appear for Indian Navy exam? How can I prepare for the exam?
  7. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. What is the qualification criteria required to join Merchant Navy? How can I apply for the job?
  9. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy being a Nepal citizen? What is the physical criteria required for the same?
  10. How can a Female candidate join the Indian Navy? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Navy?
  11. Credentials required to apply in Indian Navy? Entrance exam and best place to do course?
  12. Exam for women to join Indian Navy? Criteria and selection pattern?
  13. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  14. How can a girl Civil Engineer join Indian Navy? How to prepare for entrance exam? Which post I can get?
  15. What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? How should I prepare for the entrance exam?
  16. Can I join in Indian Navy after completing diploma course in Engineering?
  17. How can I join the Indian Army in the Medical field? What is the qualification criteria required?
  18. Required criteria to join Indian Navy being a candidate having completed MSE?

28th February 2017, 03:02 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? How should I prepare for the entrance exam?

To make career in Indian Navy as a commissioned officer you have certainly through options, one is through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) and other one through CDS ( Combined Defense Services ).

Also to join NDA and CDS you will have to qualify their respective entrance examination which are NDA entrance examination and CDS entrance examination. Both these examinations are held twice every year by UPSC.

* For appearing in NDA you must be an unmarried Indian male candidate with your age lying with 16.5 years to 19.5 years. Also you need to have completed your Class 12th with PCM group as main subjects from a recognized board.

* Further for appearing in CDS entrance examination to join Naval Academy, you must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 19 years to 22 years. Also you must have completed your graduation with Physics/ Mathematics / engineering stream as main subjects from a recognized university.

* Apart from officer's entry, you are also eligible for sailor's entry i.e; as a non-commissioned officer for which you need to clear its competitive entrance examination. Also for appearing in the same your age need to lie within 17 years to 21 years. Also you need to have completed your Class 12th from a recognized board.

Further you must satisfy the required physical fitness for sure for your eligibility for any of the entries in Indian Navy.

For more details about these entries and other entries you can refer to the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.

28th February 2017, 06:07 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? How should I prepare for the entrance exam?

The eligibility to appear for examination to join Indian Navy varies with the different entries as NDA, CDS ( for officer's entry ) Clerk etc.

But, the minimum basic eligibility to join Indian Navy is that candidate must have passed 12th from a recognised board with PCM as main paper.

The candidates must be physically and mentally fit for service.

So, if you are interested in joining the Indian Navy you can visit www.nausenabharti.nic.in or www.upsc.gov.in. to get eligibility for different entry.

28th February 2017, 09:50 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for National Defence Academy entrance examination to get into Indian Navy after 10+2 or Combined Defence Services after bachelor's degree. If you have done 10+2, you can apply for NDA examination:

>>Age criteria for NDA exam is 16.5-19.5 years. Only unmarried male candidates can apply for NDA entrance exam.

>>For Indian Navy, you must have studied Physics, Mathematics at 10+2 level and for CDS, bachelor's degree in science or engineering is required. Age limit for Naval academy is 19-22 years.

How to prepare:

You need to read NCERT books for general knowledge of History, Geography, Economics and Political science. Read daily newspaper for current affairs. Solve mathematics upto standard 12th for NDA examination.

28th February 2017, 10:59 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The qualification required to join Indian Navy:

Candidate must have done 10+2 from a recognized university. Your compulsory subjects in 10+2 must be Physics and Mathematics.

Age limit for National Defence Academy is 16.5-19.5 years.

Female candidates are debarred from this examination.

How to prepare for this exam:

Your preparation must be good to clear this exam.

Mathematics by R.D Sharma.

Static General Knowledge by Lucent publication.

English by Wren and Martin.

Read newspaper for current affairs.

1st March 2017, 12:06 AM
Rab Rakha
Senior Member+++

You can join Indian Navy through NDA entrance exam.

Eligibility criteria for NDA entrance examination:

~~You must have done 10+2 with Mathematics and Physics.

~~Age limit is 16.5-19.5 years.

You will have to clear written test and Service Selection Board to join Indian Navy. Prepare mathematics, general knowledge, English well so that you can clear this exam in first attempt.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?