13th December 2016, 04:49 PM
Ashok Kumar Shukla

What is the procedure to join the Merchant Navy? What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join?

Respected Sir, I have dream to join Merchant Navy so I want to know the the procedure to join the Merchant Navy. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join? Do I have to write any entrance exam for the same? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out?
  2. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  3. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  4. What is the qualification criteria required to join Merchant Navy? How can I apply for the job?
  5. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  6. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  7. Can I join the Indian Navy after completing class 10th? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  8. Can I join Merchant navy after passing 12th commerce? What is the procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  9. What is the physical as well as educational requirement to join Merchant Navy?
  10. Eligibility for merchant navy? What to do to join Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? How to join training and the physical eligibility? What is the fee structure?
  11. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy being a Nepal citizen? What is the physical criteria required for the same?
  12. How can I join the Indian Navy? What is the qualification criteria required? -- [New]
  13. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  14. I am 26 year and 3 months old(BE Mechanical) : Can I join Merchant Navy? Procedure to join Merchant Navy?
  15. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  16. How can I become a Merchant Navy after completing B.Com? What is the Physical criteria required?
  17. Can I join merchant navy if I am a girl? What is the whole procedure for it? What are the qualifications required?
  18. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
14th December 2016, 05:48 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure to join the Merchant Navy? What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join?

Eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy are as follows:-

- The candidate should possess Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or a Degree of B.Sc in Nautical Science degree to join in the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy .

- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in Graduation degree without any backlogs.

- The candidate age should not be more than 25 years.

-The candidate should not suffer from color blindness and should have a eyesight of 6/6.

-The physical requirement for joining Merchant Navy are

* Height - 167 cm

* Weight - 50 kg

* Chest - 77 cm (without expansion) and 82 cm ( with expansion)

Selection procedure involves of

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?