28th February 2017, 11:06 AM
varun__jain__

What are the eligibility criteria required to appear for Indian Navy exam? How can I prepare for the exam?

Respected Sir, My name is Varun Jain and I am very much interested in joining the Indian Navy so I want to know what are the eligibility criteria required to appear for Indian Navy exam? How can I prepare for the exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the eligibility criteria required to become an Indian Navy Officer? Which exam do I have to write?
  2. Am I eligible to join Indian Navy if got 47% in 12th with Science (PCM)? What is the eligibility criteria and physical fitness required for a girl? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. What is the eligibility criteria required to apply for the Indian Air Force and Navy exam? How much should I score in class 10th to join any of them?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Navy?
  5. How can a Female candidate join the Indian Navy? What is the eligibility criteria required to join the Indian Navy?
  6. Eligibility criteria and physical fitness required to join Indian Navy? Necessary books for the preparation of entrance exam?
  7. Eligibility criteria to join Indian Navy after Diploma in Marine Engineering? Can I get a grade 1 job?
  8. How can I join the Indian Navy as a Deck Cadet after completing class 12th? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  9. Eligibility criteria to get into Indian Navy? What is the entry procedure?
  10. What is the qualification criteria required to join the Indian Navy? Which entrance exam should I write?
  11. What is the qualification criteria required to apply for the Indian Navy?
  12. Can I join the Indian Navy after completing class 10th? What is the qualification and physical criteria required to join Indian Navy?
  13. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy after completing BA in English Literature?
  14. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  15. How can I join the Indian Navy? What is the qualification criteria required? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to join the Indian Navy being a Nepal citizen? What is the physical criteria required for the same?
  17. How can I prepare to crack Indian Navy Artificer Apprentice exam to join Indian Navy?
  18. How many months of preparation is required for Indian Navy SSR and MR?
2nd March 2017, 10:17 AM
EASY EMI
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the eligibility criteria required to appear for Indian Navy exam? How can I prepare for the exam?

Since you have not mentioned anything about your qualification or types of entry through which you will like to join Indian Navy so it is not possible to give you exact details about the entry in accordance to your qualifications. But here are some details about some of the popular entries which are as following :-

For officer's entry, you certainly has two options one through NDA entrance examination and other through CDS entrance examination. Also for appearing in these entrance examination your age need to lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years and 19 years to 22 years respectively.

Also you must have completed your Class 12th with PCM group from a recognized board for NDA entrance examination where as for CDS entrance examination you must have completed your graduation in Physics/ Mathematics / Engineering stream from a recognized university.

Further for the sailor's entry, you need to have completed your Class 12th with your age lying within 17 years to 21 years.

For more detailed information regarding these entries and other entries in Indian Navy you can visit the link www.joinindiannavy.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?