9th February 2017, 11:04 AM
Unregistered

What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out?

Respected Sir, I want to join the Merchant Navy so I want to know what is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out? How should I prepare for the entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to join the Merchant Navy? What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join?
  2. How can I become a Merchant Navy after completing B.Com? What is the Physical criteria required?
  3. What is the qualification criteria required to join Merchant Navy? How can I apply for the job?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  5. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Eligibility criteria and physical qualification required to become an Indian Army Para Commando? When the application form be out?
  7. How can I join marine field?
  8. What should I do to join Merchant Navy after 12th? What is the physical and education criteria?
  9. Merchant Navy for commerce students
  10. What is the physical as well as educational requirement to join Merchant Navy?
  11. What is the qualification criteria required to become an Income Tax Officer? Are there any Physical eligibility required?
  12. What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to become an IAS officer?
  13. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  14. What is the height requirement for merchant Navy?
  15. Am I eligible to join merchant navy after completion of diploma course?
  16. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  17. Eligibilty criteria(physical and academic) for joining Merchant Navy?
  18. What's the Physical criteria for entering in Navy(Merchant)?
4th February 2018, 01:58 PM
nishanth60

Default Re: What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out?

If you want to join in merchant navy, the minimum educational qualification required is 12th class or Intermediate pass with physics, mathematics and chemistry subjects with minimum 60% of marks in aggregate from recognised college. And Indian citizens who are unmarried only are eligible to apply for merchant navy. And admission into merchant navy is by screening test or preliminary exam, main exam, interview and medical fitness test. And you must complete the ship training course before joining job in merchant navy. Merchant Navy institutes approved by ministry of shipping are :
* AMET University, Chennai
* CMC Maritime academy, Chennai
* C V Raman college of engineering, Bhubaneswar
* Marine training academy, Daman
* Institute of Maritime studies, Goa
* Vishwakarma Maritime institute, Pune
* Cochin shipyard limited, Kochi etc.
Age limit to apply for deck cadet post is 17.5-25 years & for GP rating post is 17.5-25 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?