9th December 2016, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

What is the qualification criteria required to join Merchant Navy? How can I apply for the job?

Respected Sir, I want to apply for Merchant Navy post so I want to know what is the qualification criteria required to join Merchant Navy? How can I apply for the job? How much should I score in the entrance exam? Please answer as soon as possible.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to join the Merchant Navy? What is the qualification and Physical criteria required to join?
  2. What is the qualification and physical criteria required to become a Merchant Navy Officer? When will be the application form out?
  3. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy without appearing in NDA entrance exam? What is the eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy?
  4. What is the eligibility criteria for a girl to join merchant navy?
  5. What is the qualification required to apply for Merchant Navy job? -- [New]
  6. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  7. Is it possible for me to apply for Merchant Navy if I have not completed my graduation yet?
  8. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  9. How to join merchant navy as an electrical engineer? What is the fee structure for correspondence course?
  10. What is the qualification criteria required to apply for the Indian Navy?
  11. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?
  12. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  13. How much percentage is required in 10th to join Merchant Navy
  14. Eligibility criteria required to join Merchant Navy? What is the Fee structure of the course?
  15. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  16. Can I join Merchant Navy after Graduation if I secure less than 60% marks in 12th?
  17. Government colleges for Merchant Navy? How to join them? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy?
22nd December 2016, 10:04 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the qualification criteria required to join Merchant Navy? How can I apply for the job?

One wishing to join Merchant navy has to appear for Merchant Navy entrance exam known as All India Merchant Navy Entrance Test (AIMNET) which is conducted by Bharat Shipping Limited usually in the month of November-December every year.

Eligibility criteria required for Merchant Navy are as follows:-

- The candidate having a Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Marine Engineering or a Degree of B.Sc in Nautical Science degree can join in the navigation or marine engineering branch of Merchant Navy .

- The candidate must have secured a minimum of 60% in Graduation degree without any backlogs.

- The candidate age should not be more than 25 years.

-The candidate should not suffer from color blindness and should have a eyesight of 6/6.

The selection procedure involves of;

*Written Exam.

*Physical Test

* Medical Test

*Personality Interview.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?