11th August 2011, 08:11 PM
Unregistered

What is the required qualification for NET entrance exam?

what is the required qualification for net entrance exam? Please send me teh details

12th August 2011, 01:10 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the required qualification for NET entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
what is the required qualification for net entrance exam? Please send me teh details
dear friend,

Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. are only eligible to apply for the UGC NET examination. Since you are in first year so you are not eligible to apply for the NET exam.

To apply for the NET exam you should have to post graduate first and only then you are eligible to apply for the NET exam. The detailed eligibility criteria for the NET exam is given below:

Education Qualification
Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. and have scored 55% marks are eligible to apply for the NET exam.

Candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) should have 50% marks .

Candidates who are appeared in the final year exam are also eligible to apply for the NET test.

so after completion of your master degree you are eligible for NET exam.

all the best
12th August 2011, 02:20 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

The test is basically conducted for candidates who aspire to be lecturers. For applying for this test the candidate should be a postgraduate. A candidate who will have the post graduation results by the time of the result can also apply. A minimum of 55% at the post graduation level is a must. So if the candidate who is awaiting results fails to meet the requirement will be disqualified.
12th August 2011, 02:49 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
About NET Examination -

NET Stands for National Eligiblity Test and the examination was conducted by UGC Twice in a Year, First in June and Next in December.

NET June examination was already completed and If you have missed the chance then candidates may apply for December NET Examination

Eligiblity Criteria -

>> Candidates must have pursuing Master/Post graduate degree course from a UGC Recognised Universities.

>> You must have scored minimum 55% Marks in your Post Graduate degree course.

>> Final year appearing candidates are also apply for NET Examination.

>> There is no age Eligiblity criteria to apply for Lectureship.

>> But for JRF (Junior Research Fellowship) Your age not more than 28 Years, The Upper age relaxation is applicable for Other Reserved category Candidates.

Candidates may choose optional subjects as per the Post graduate subjects basis, The examination fees of NET Examination was Rs 450 and Candidates may fill the application form Online.

So, please wait for the December examination Notification, It will be announced soon in Next Month and For more Information Please visit the UGC Official Website -

http://ugcnetonline.in/notification.php
12th August 2011, 03:06 PM
SANDEEP891985
Senior Member+++++

Hello friend,
If you want to take National Eligibility Test for lectureship, you must hold a masters degree in any discipline and you will be allowed to write the paper belonging to same stream.

You must have scored a minimum of 55% marks in the qualifying exam. However, candidates belonging to SC/ST category are eligible to take the test with a minimum of 50% marks in the same.

For complete information and application forms, refer to the official website of UGC NET.
12th August 2011, 05:37 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

Eligibility criteria for NET entrance exam:

Candidates having master degree in Humanities and Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. and have scored 55% marks are eligible to apply for the NET exam.

Candidates of Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) should have 50% marks

12th August 2011, 05:37 PM
Harshita21

Eligibility for NET examination

Candidate must have 55% marks in their master's degree for general and OBC and ST/SC/Handicap students must have 50% in their masters degree

Their is no upper age limit for lecturer but for Research fellowship upper age limit is 28 years ( general) ,But for ST/SC/OBC/Handicap it is 33 years.
12th August 2011, 06:39 PM
saurav9889

the national eligibility test or net is the exam through which you may apply for lecturership in colleges or for junior research fellow in csir laboratories and other univ. deptt.for appearing in net exam you should be a pg or in the final year of your pg,must secure a min. of 55% marks in your subject.also the ugc-net is held 2 times a year in the months of june and december.
12th August 2011, 07:51 PM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

The minimum educational qualification for UGC NET is a Masters Degree OR equivalent examination from a recognised Universities/Institutions in Arts, Social Sciences, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science etc. with minimum of 55% marks.

[However there is a relaxation of 5% marks for The Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST)/Physically Handicapped (PH)/Visually Handicapped (VH) category candidates]

So after completing Your Masters you will be eligible for UGC NET. and if you have completed your masters then you can apply for NET exam.

You can apply for :
1. For Junior Research Fellowship
2. For Lectureship

For JRF, age limit is 28 years, and For Lectureship, there is no upper age limit.

For more details, visit http://www.ugc.ac.in/
13th August 2011, 05:06 PM
edgeineervinay
Senior Member+

Quote:
the basic eligibility is only the 55% of marks in the postgraduation thats all nothing else.......................so for this exam you have to be postgraduate.........and the age limit 28yrs ..............without PG degree you cannot apply....................

thank you
13th August 2011, 09:53 PM
venkataprakash.v
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
NET i.e National Eligibility Test

NET Query !!!

This examination is conducted by UGC twice in a year.(In the month of June and December).

NET June examination was already over on ...........26.06.11

Minimum Qualification for NET exam is Master degree from any recognized University or equivalent Qualification.

Eligibility Criteria :-

---->The candidate should have a post graduation in any desire subject.

---->The candidate must secure at least 55% marks in their examination.

---->For SC/ST/VH/PH category for 50% marks in their examination.

---->Candidate who are studying in a last semester of post graduate degree can also apply for this examination.

---->There is no upper age limit for Lectureship.

---->For JRF,the candidate should have a 28 years of age.
28th November 2011, 07:31 PM
Unregistered

what type of questions wil ask in net exam?
30th November 2011, 02:03 PM
Unregistered

THE CANDIDATE STUDYING M.SC 3rdSEMISTER IS ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR NET
30th November 2011, 03:14 PM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
NET stands for National Eligibility Test. The examination is conducted by the UGC every year. The examination is conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer ship.
The eligibility criteria to appear in the NET examination is as under :-
  • The candidate should has a master's degree with at least 55% marks.
  • For Junior Research Fellowship the age of the candidate should not be more then 28 years.
  • There is no age limit criteria to apply for Lecturer ship.

Best Wishes.....
30th November 2011, 05:55 PM
nida shakeel

Qualification Criteria for NET exam
The candidates must have completed Post Graduation in the desired subject. They must have secured Master’s Degree with a minimum of 55% from any reputed college under UGC recognition. The candidates appearing for last semester exam can even attend NET exam. Thirty Five years is the maximum age limit. There is relaxation of 3 years OBC and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.
18th January 2012, 10:51 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
i have ATKT in my first semester but i have avg first class, am i eligible for net?
18th January 2012, 03:44 PM
Oracle 9
Senior Member++

NET stands for National Eligibility Test.

UGC conduct the examination twice in a year.

This examination is conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship and Lecturer ship.

Minimum qualification for NET entrance exam

Masters in subject from recognized university with at least 55% marks.

For Junior Research Fellowship - age of the candidate should not be more then 28 years.

For Lecturer ship - There is no age limit to apply for Lecturer ship.
18th January 2012, 08:41 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Eligibility for NET exam:-

1.Candidate has to complete the post graduation from a recognized university.

2.Candidate must have secure 55% aggregate through out the post graduation course.

3. For lectureship- No upper age limit.
For Junior research fellowship- Upper age limit is 28 years.

4.Candidate must be a citizen of India.

These are the eligibility criteria you have to fulfill to appear in NET exam.

All the best.
19th January 2012, 04:40 AM
4G Solutions
Senior Member+

Post Re: What is the required qualification for NET entrance exam?

Quote:
Dear Aspirant

NET i.e. National Eligibility Test & this Examination is organized by UGC (University grant commission) twice in a year.

>>UGC conducts NET once in the months of June and other in the month of December.

NET exam is conducted to Recruit candidate for Lecturer post.

Eligibility Criteria for NET Exam:
--------------------------------

• You should have completed Your Post Graduation in any discipline But you have to choose those subjects which you have already studied in your Post graduation.
  • You must have to scored minimum 55% marks in your Post graduation
  • Final year candidates are also eligible to apply NET exam.
  • There is no age bar for ths Exam.

Application procedure for NET:
------------------------------

You have to apply online before the specific date announced by UGC through this link- http://ugcnetonline.in/
but you have to pay the fees as the challan form in any SBI Branch, The examination fees of NET was Rs 450. for General and 110 rs/- for SC/ST.
You have to pay this through SBI Challan form Via Online.

Pattern of UGC NET Exam
---------------------------

For any other detail regarding NET exam Click Here

Good Luck...

Regards
#4G Slt#
12th February 2012, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

i'm doin M.comm from MDU(distance learning)
will i be eligible for NET if i score above 55% marks?
as somebody told me people of distance learning are not eligible for NET
25th February 2012, 12:00 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, am d student,now studing btch final year, can i able to write this exam.snd me some info to [email protected]
14th September 2012, 11:10 AM
Unregistered

hi i am complete my B pharmacy can i fight this net exam
25th September 2012, 10:55 PM
Unregistered

I am M.A in history.I have got 52.17% marks in M.A.Can i apply for the net examination.
26th September 2012, 09:00 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NET - NATIONAL ELIGIBILITY TEST, conducted by UGC two times a year one in June and other in December for selection of Lectureship and award to Junior Researh Fellowship(JRF).

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having completed Post Graduation Degree with 55% marks(50% for SC/ST candidate) in any stream from a recognised University. There is no upper age limit for application to Lectureship but for JRF the candidate should be within the age of 28 years.

For more information you may log on to http://www.ugcnet.in
26th September 2012, 02:13 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

NET Stands for National Eligibility Test which is conduct twice time in year by UGC.

Eligibility Criteria:

*The Candidate have completed masters degree form recognized university.

*For General and OBC Candidates must be hold 55% above in masters degree.

*SC/ST Candidate must be hold 50% above in Master Degree.

List of the best UGC NET Coaching Centers in India:

1.Training Establishment,Secunderabad
www.ccshyd.blogspot.com

2.Venkateswara reddy study circle,Hyderabad

Email: [email protected]

3.Net Experts India,New Delhi

www.netexpertsindia.com

4.AV Lucent Educations,New Delhi

5.CSIRUGCNET Coaching AT Global In bangalore,Bangalore

all the best.....
27th September 2012, 04:55 AM
aryan5107241
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend,

* The Acronym "NET" stands for " National Eligibility Test".

* The University Grants Commission conducts the NET Exam twice in a year in the months of June & December.

The Qualifications required for NET Exam are :

* You must have completed your post graduation from any recognized university with a minimum of 55% marks.

* Final Year Students can also apply.

* The age limit for JRF is 18-28 years and there is no age limit for Lecturer post.

This is the information i have to the best of my knowledge regarding your query. Hope the information will help you to the extent you want.
10th September 2013, 10:07 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
PG course with 55% Percentage of marks is the minimum educational qualification to apply for NET Entrance Examination.

So, If you're completed Master degree course then definitely you're Eligible for NET Entrance Examination.

Besides, the age limit you should also satisfy the age limit in order to apply for NET Entrance Examination.

UGC stands for University Grands Commission which is Organized NET Entrance Examination for both the Junior Research Fellowships (JRF) and Lectureship Post .

To Take Part in this Entrance Examination, then the applicant possessing a Master degree course or Equivalent course in any discipline from recognized university .

Final year appearing candidate can also take part in this Entrance Examination, But the candidate need to be qualified in Master degree course with Backlog in Single subject then Only the candidate eligible to apply for this Entrance Examination .

The age of the candidate should not be more then 28 years for Junior Research Fellowships and there is no Minimum age limit for Lectureship Post, any candidate who Fulfill he Educational qualification are eligible to apply for Lectureship Job.

You can appear in this Entrance Examination in any Number of Time as you wish .

This NET Entrance Examination is based on objective type with Multiple Choice and It's Consist of three papers .

For More Information Please Visit here :- http://www.ugcnetonline.in/
11th September 2013, 12:29 AM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.........

NET means National Eligibility Test while SET stands for State Eligibility Test. There is very little difference between the two exams.

National Eligibility Test is conducted by University Grants Commission for the central government colleges while State Eligibility Test is responsibility of each state to conduct for its colleges.

The requirement for both exams remains the same. After clearing NET you can apply for lectureship in central government colleges while after clearing SET, you can apply for job in the very state where you appeared for exam.

For example if you appeared for Gujarat SET then you can apply for lectureship in Gujarat's colleges. Apart from the college lectureship both these exams are also conducted for the Junior Research Fellowship.

Eligibility

1. Any citizen of India can apply for these exams.

2. You must be post graduation degree holder.

3. Need to secure 55 percent marks in master's degree.

4. Relaxation of 5 percent marks for SC/ST.

5. You are free to apply even during final year of post graduation.

6. Final year candidates will have to submit degree in 2 years.

7. Subject will depend on your master's degree.

8. Age limit for JRF is 28 years (General).

9. 31 year is the limit for OBC.

10. The age limit for SC/ST interested in appearing for JRF is 33 years.

11. There is lower age limit of 19 years for lectureship.

12. There is no upper age limit.

All the best...........
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?