13th December 2012, 12:03 PM
Unregistered

What are the requirements for B.Tech IT?

What are the requirements for b.tech(IT) ?....could u pelase tell me

11th February 2013, 02:45 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What are the requirements for B.Tech IT?

Pass in 12th is the basic qualification required. The qualification must be obtained with Physics, chemistry and mathematics as subjects. You need to qualify national or state level entrance test to join. IIT JEE, AIEEE, etc are some of the common entrance exams. Notification of these exams contains additional information.
11th February 2013, 08:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Dear Friend

B.tech stands for the Bachelor of technology.For getting admission in any stream of engineering the following qualifications is required which is as below:

>>You must have done your 10+2 with PCM as compulsory subjects with at least 50% marks in 10+2 from a recognized board and with PCB for biotechnology.

>>To get admission in good engineering colleges you have to clear the entrance examinations like:

1.IIT-JEE

2.AIEEE

3.State engineering exmainations.

However from the year 2013,there will be single entrance examinations called ISEET.Top rankers will be allowed to get admission in IIT JEE and further to NIT and so on

Hope the information helps you.

all the best

aashisranjan784
11th February 2013, 09:15 PM
vikasjha39
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
HI!
For B.Tech In Information Technology you have to qualify the entrance exam like:-
> A.I.E.E.E
> B.I.T.S.A.T
> I.I.T-J.E.E
> S.R.M.E.E
etc

ELIGIBILITY FOR B.Tech I.T:-
> Pass 12th with Mon-medical stream (Physics, chemistry and Maths) with minimum 50% marks from recognized board.
For ST/SC candidate minimum 45% marks is require.
> Age should be above 17 year.
> Candidate must be citizen of India.
> There are total 3 attempts

ALL THE BEST!
11th February 2013, 11:07 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Admission requirements Eligibility for admission to B.Tech degree course

(a) A pass in the Higher Secondary Examination of the Department of Higher Secondary Education, Vocational Higher Secondary Examination of Department of Vocational Higher Secondary Education, Government of Kerala or examinations recognized equivalent thereto, with 50% marks in Mathematics separately and 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics put together are eligible for admission with relaxation for SC/ST/SEBC candidates.

(b) A diploma in engineering awarded by the Board of Technical examination, or an examination recognized equivalent thereto, by the State Board of Technical Education undergoing an institutional course of at least 3 years, securing a minimum of 50% marks in the final diploma examination.

(c) Applicants should have completed 17 years of age as on the 31 December. No relaxation of the minimum age will be allowed. There is no upper age limit.(d) In the case of nominees of Government of India, NRI candidates and nominees to the Reciprocal Quota seats, who are selected on the basis of marks in the qualifying examination, 50% marks in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry put together (AICTE stipulation) are required. For Diploma holders 60% marks in the final Diploma examination is required. The relaxation of marks mentioned in clause below given to candidates belonging to SEBC, SC/ST is applicable here also.

Government Engineering College, Bartonhill offers four B.Tech Degree Courses:

1. B.Tech in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
2. B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering.
3. B.Tech in Information Technology
4. B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering

Admission to all the seats are based on the Entrance Examination Conducted by the Commissioner for Entrance Examinations, Government of Kerala which ensures only meritorious students join the institution.
12th February 2013, 02:06 AM
Beawar

Dear..

Its good to see your interest in the field of IT. Its even more better that you want to join Engineering field to get some professional knowledge before you start working for some Organization.

The requirement for B.tech IT is as follows :-

1. Candidate must be a 10+2 pass candidate
2. Class 12th must be passed from a recognized Board
3. Candidate must have Maths and Physics as compulsory subject in class 12th
4. No age limit
5. 50% marks are necessary for the examination.

Exam which you should target are :-

AIEEE
IIT
JEE
RPET
JET

Hope it will help

Cheers...!!!
12th February 2013, 06:48 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What are the requirements for B.Tech IT?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi

B.Tech is Bachelors in Technology and its an Engineering course which is of duration 4 years. As you must be knowing that its in HUGE demands since the past decade or so there are many number of students who wish to take part in the Engineering Entrances and fetch a seat for themselves in the top and good Engineering colleges across the country.

As you have inquired about the IT Engineering, I must tell you that there are many streams of Engineering but mainly : IT, CSE, ECE, EEE, ME, CE. Out of them IT/CSE Engineering are the ones with most scope and growth. So its really good that you wish to take admission in the IT Engineering.

There are a few steps that you need to take in order to take up IT Engineering. I am listing them as follows :-

1. You have to give your Class 12th board exams and score the maximum you can in it. Once you are done with it, then you have to appear for the Engineering Entrances which are held in our country.

To name a few they are : IIT JEE, AIEEE, DCE CEE, WB JEE, BITSAT, UPTUEE, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc and many more.

2. You have to clear them with your best performance and then only you would be called for the counselling as per the rank and score that you get in these Entrances.

3. Then you have to select IT Engineering. Note that in 12th board you should score a minimum 60% and above to take up ANY Engineering. So thats the most important requirement that is needed for ANY Engineering studies.

4. After successful enrolling of yourself in the college in which you get, you can start with the course.

5. Not to mention that you should have Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects in your higher secondary classes if you wish to take up any Engineering or Science graduation course. Without it, you CANNOT.

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
13th February 2013, 03:08 PM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

To become an BTECH in IT stream, first thing is that you ahve to appear in the Engineering entrance tests.

Minimum eligibilty to apply to these tests is 12th pass with minimum 50% marks and the candidates should ahve studied physics,Chemistry and Mathematics in class 12th.

After you clear the written test of the Engineering exams, you would be called for counselling where based on the rank you would be alloted the college and stream of engineering.

Since you want to become an IT engineer, you have to choose the stream IT or Computer science
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?