4th December 2011, 03:34 PM
Unregistered

What is the right time to start preparation for IAS? I am a 1st year engineering student

i am 1st year student studing engineering student, whats the rite time to start preparing for ias??

Related Questions:
  1. How to start preparation for IAS prelims? I am a B.Com 1st year student
  2. How to start preparation for UPSC IAS? I am a student of BSc 1st year
  3. When is the right time to start IAS preparation? When shall I join training institutes?
  4. How should I start preparation for IAS and which books should I prefer?
  5. How to prepare for IAS exam? I am a 1st year BBM student
  6. What should be my preparation pattern pursuing 3rd year of my B.Tech (Mechanical Engineering) and pasionate to become an IPS and want to start preparation for IAS exam?
  7. How should I start my GATE preparation? I am a B.Tech 1st year student
  8. Should I start my IAS preparation right from 1st year of B.Tech? How should I proceed further and when to join coaching?
  9. How to start preparation for IAS Exam pursuing 1st year of BE course in ECE?
  10. How to start the preparation for civil services exam? I am a 1st year Economics(honors) student
  11. How to become an IAS officer after passing electrical engineering? How to start preparation for UPSC entrance
  12. How should I start the preparation for CAT exam?
  13. From when I should start preparation for CAT being a B.Com 1st year student? Should I do MBA after M.Com?
  14. Tips for preparation of IAS exam for B.E. 1st year student?
  15. How to prepare for IAS Exam being a candidate pursuing 1st year of Engineering in IT stream?
  16. What is the importance of coaching in IAS preparation? What is the ideal time for preparation for coaching?
  17. Internship at the beginning of 3rd year for B.Tech(Mechanical Engineering) 1st year student? Should I start preparation for Internship test?
  18. How to start preparation for IAS examination while in 2nd year of engineering? -- [New]
4th December 2011, 04:52 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Right time to stat preparation for IAS being a candidate of 1st year of Engineering?

There are no standard timings to prepare for IAS. Its better you start preparation for IAS Exam as early as you can. Because one should have strong preparation to get good score in CSAT Exam and Main Exam to be called for Interview.

In addition, the candidate has to give good preparation in Interview too to be placed in IAS. Otherwise the candidate may be placed in other civil services like
-IPS
-IRS etc.

In order to become an IAS, one should have to appear for civil services examination being conducted by UPSC.

The selection procedure will be as follows
-CSAT (Civil Services Aptitude Test)
-Civil Services Main Exam
-Interview

The minimum qualification with which a candidate can appear for CSAT Exam is by having a Graduation degree from a recognized university.

One should be in the age group of 21-30 years to be eligible for this exam. Relaxation is there in upper age limit for the candidates of OBC and SC/ST category.

You did not mention the stream in which you are pursuing your Engineering course. I suggest you to choose the optional subjects for civil services main examination depending upon your stream in Engineering.

Later on know the syllabus for those subjects and start preparation accordingly and makes sure that you will be strong enough to crack Main Exam as and when you appear.

Spend some hours of your valuable time towards preparing for this exam and practice various model papers and make continuous updations to your knowledge of general awareness.

For complete and udpated information on civil services exam, you can visit,
http://www.upsc.gov.in/
10th December 2011, 11:40 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What is the right time to start preparation for IAS? I am a 1st year engineering student

I am a B.Sc 1st yr student in chemistry,botany, zoology student & my age is 22yrs.can i prepare for ias exam?what is the rigt time for preparation & now what can i do for it?please suggest me sir
13th December 2011, 11:10 AM
Manigandan.ma
Member+

Default Re: What is the right time to start preparation for IAS? I am a 1st year engineering student

Dear friend.It is better your start your dream preparation just from now.IAS EXAM is one of the dream exam which makes you to the prestigious posts such as IAS,IFS,AND IPS.Following things will surely help you relise your dreams1.Keep updated by daily reading newspapers(hindu).2.Note news something which is of national and international important.3.Expand your knowledge by knowing indian history,Law,Geography of india 4.know about all ministries. 5.Have a regular habit of reading general knowledge books Civil service exam has three stages 1.CSAT 2.MAIN 3.interview For preparation of CSAT following things are suggested 1.CSAT has questions from general knowledge,current news and general aptitude.so you need to be strong in current news that is of national and international importance 2.you need to be strong in general knowledge 3.You need to be strong in general aptitude 4.You should choose two optional subject for main from 22 optional subject 5.You should read that subjects clearly.6.Have deep knowledge in that subjects.Following books are recommended for CSAT 1.Objective general knowledge by r.s.agarwal 2.general aptitude by r.s.agarwal 3.verbal and non verbal reasoning by r.s.agarwal .4.Yearbooks 5.Book that covers your main exam syllabus.all the best. Have a great future.
13th December 2011, 12:48 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
there is nothing like time for preparation for the exam you can start your preparation at anytime. Being a competitive exam good preparation is necessary to crack the exam.
Since you can appear for the exam in final year you can start your preparation from now itself.
You need to prepare for the aptitude as well as for the main exam. Aptitude exam is common for all the aspirants. But for main exam the aspirant can choose optional subjects as per their wish.
You can need to concentrate nosed on the aptitude test as after clearing this only you will be eligible to appear for the main exam. You too will have time gap between them to help for the preparation. Moreover few of the optional subjects you would have studied in your degree course and so there is no need for much preparation.
You can refer any book for preparing for the aptitude as well as for the main but make sure that you cover the syllabus. Refer previous year question paper to have idea about the nature of question .
12th February 2012, 03:54 PM
Unregistered

respect sir, i want to prepare for civil services.. m in b.tech 3rd yr computer science.. i'll gave my first attempt in 2014 due to age factor as m 1992 born.. how shld i prepare for it?? shld i required ny coaching nw?? what optional will b helpful for scoring good marks.?? for d basic knowledge m following d 2 manual of prelims i.e tata mcgraw's general studies nd unique's csat nd regular reading of pritiyogita darpan nd the hindu.. what shld i more do to enhance m knwldge.. plzz suggest.. i shall b vry thnkful to u..
1st July 2012, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

Wat are basic areas that should be covered for IAS preparation??
5th July 2012, 12:18 AM
Unregistered

am a btech 3rd yr student of IT branch...if i want to start IAS preparation...from where i should start?is it the right time for me for the preparation?and i want to join IFS what is addition qualification i sholud have?
1st August 2012, 10:42 AM
Unregistered

m a student of 11th standard in arts stream,should i start preparing for ias 4m nw on?if yes,dn hw
5th January 2013, 01:08 AM
Unregistered

hello, i am a b.b.m 1st year student and i want to crack CSAT exam in order to become an IAS officer. As i have chosen b.b.m what do you recommend me to do and from when...?
12th January 2013, 10:35 PM
Unregistered

Is their any difficulties for the students who doing btech frm cmputer science. Is their any sbjct of cs in mains?
10th February 2013, 05:11 PM
Unregistered

i am a first year engineering student doing my b.tech from electrical and electronics stream. i want to know when can start my preparations for civil services and what all qualities and tricks i can adapt during this period and also how much time i should spend out of my busy day schedule for it preparation now. please reply !!!!!!!!
1st April 2013, 10:08 PM
Unregistered

what is the right time i am student of 11th class.
1st April 2013, 11:26 PM
AA 12345
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: What is the right time to start preparation for IAS? I am a 1st year engineering student

Hello friends……

Now, present your first year of engineering degree.

So, now you are not eligible for this exam.

So, first you complete your engineering degree.

After you can prepair for this exam.

This exam is conducted by UPSC for recruit the government posts.

After the graduation you can crack the group exams which is conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria:

You should be an INDIAN.

You must compete your graduation with morethen 50% from recognised university.

And you should have following age limit

General 21 yrs

Obc:21 to 33 years

Sc/st 35 yrs

After the comlition of degree you can attempt you can crack the group exam

If you crack the exam you can eligible for IAS.

Selectin process ;

preliminary exam

mains exam

personal interview

All the best
17th May 2013, 01:38 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I had completed my MBBS. I want to write UPSC 2014, I am in a dilemma whether to prepare fromNovember so that I can prepare for Med PG exams till that time or is is the month of june right time. Plz advice..
17th May 2013, 10:05 PM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

IAS Exam i.e Indian Administrative Exam
It is under Civil Service Exam conducted once in a Year by UPSC.
To become an IAS Officer One Needs to crack Civil Service Exam.

To clear Civil Exam you need to clear the prelims and mains.
For prelims you need to clear CSAT which consists of aptitude and reasoning questions.
For CSAT you can prepare through RS Aggarwal books for Aptitude and Reasoning.
For mains you need to select 2 subjects of your choice from the given.
You should have complete knowledge of the current affairs that you can get from Pratiyogita Darpan magazine.

For current events you must thoroughly read The Hindu, Economic Times, Frontline and any other competitive magazines. While you read these always try to focus more on people, places and events (such as G-8 meeting, Climate change summits etc.)

You must solve last 5 years question papers in your optionals not once or twice but as many times as possible. This will definitely help you in getting more than 40-50 questions correct at least by intelligent guesses.

You can go through this links:
for further details
www.onestopias.com
www.upscportal.com
29th May 2013, 02:21 PM
Unregistered

How to bring up my son for an I.A.S., aspirant, he is ten years old
21st December 2013, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

sir i am a student of b.tech 1 year in eee branch...how to prepare for civils..how to select optional subjects?
5th January 2014, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Sir, Im a 3rd year engg student...is tis the right time for preparation for ias exam r am I late??? If I start my preparation wil tat b enough to achieve???
27th March 2014, 08:42 AM
Unregistered

what is the right time to stat preparation for I.A.S. ? I am doing 2 commerce.
29th March 2014, 03:55 PM
Unregistered

I'm working as assistant professor in engineering computer science stream...can I start my preparation now with my age 25 and what I have to choose in optional subject? plz rly me... 9791551212
5th April 2014, 07:57 AM
nareshsunrise
Senior Member++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service. It is one of the top civil service in India. Only candidates with briillinat minds are absorbed into IAS.

With regard to IAS, it would be better if you start the preparation as early as possible.

Because it is one of the toughest exam in India and with huge competition.

I have seen candidates who are preparing for this Exam from years and years but did not get through the exam.

Such a thing should not happen for you. You are in the 1st year of Engineering course.

If you put hard work towards IAS preparation for these 4 years, I am sure that you will definitely get job in IAS.

But you have to manage both the things paralelly. Give equal importance to your academics as well as for IAS preparation.

Choose the optional subject for Civil Services Exam in accordance with your stream in Engineering and gain in depth knowledge in that subject.

Join in a Coaching institution which is strong enough in
offering training
conducting classes regularly
highly qualified faculty
conducts exams regularly
analyze your performance time to time and provide feedback and suggesting the measures for improvement.

Try to discuss the things with other so that you will not forget them and moreover there is a scope for you to gain additional points.

Wish you all the best.
10th April 2014, 10:45 PM
Unregistered

i am completed my post graduation. can i prepare for ias 2014 or i am late to prepare this exam??
25th April 2014, 12:33 PM
Unregistered

i AM an enginerring student doing 2 nd year eee in pec my aim is to become an i.a.s officer from my childhood bt i cant prepare for i.a.s in my school days i want to prepare nw after completing enginering i want to join in a institute for i.a.s exam bt before tat i need to prepare a lot so pls help me how to do it nw.pls sir
16th June 2015, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Respected sir/madam,
I'm entering into my engineering as of first year, i dont have a current knowledge on how to chose my optional stream. I would like to get a proper guidence.
Thanking you.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?