5th May 2014, 01:55 PM
Unregistered

Should I start my IAS preparation right from 1st year of B.Tech? How should I proceed further and when to join coaching?

sir
i am in 1st year of b.tech(IT) .
i am confident that i'll be preparing for IAS after my graduation
should i start my preparation now?
should i join a coaching institute now?
how should i proceed such that i get benefited when i go for preparation after my graduation.

7th May 2014, 12:09 AM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I start my IAS preparation right from 1st year of B.Tech? How should I proceed further and when to join coaching?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
sir
i am in 1st year of b.tech(IT) .
i am confident that i'll be preparing for IAS after my graduation
should i start my preparation now?
should i join a coaching institute now?
how should i proceed such that i get benefited when i go for preparation after my graduation.
Hey friend,

It is good to see your interest in joining in as a IAS officer and for which you would need to write the IAS exam(Indian Administrative Service) which is being conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) and held every year and this is known as one of the Civil Services of India.For applying for this exam there are certain eligibility conditions which is needed to be satisfied and they include such as:

ELIGIBILITY FOR IAS:

# The candidate should have a Citizenship in India as per the Nationality standard neede for the exam.

# The candidate should have a age limit of 21-30 years for General category candidate and there are certain upper age relaxation for other category candidates.

# The candidate of SC/ST should have 21-35 years of age and for OBC candidate should have 21-33 years of age and if you are a Ex-service men then you will get 5 years exception from the prescribed limits.

# Education qualification needed for the exam is that the candidate must have completed a Degree from a recognized university with a fair percentage.

As you are only doing your 1st year B.Tech,it is better that you finish your Graduation and then apply for the exam

If you are going to satisfy all these criteria for the exam then you can apply for the IAS exam and you can apply for the course in 2 modes:

>> ONLINE
>> OFFLINE

Regarding the Top coaching institutes in India refer below :

Rau's IAS stuy circle

Khan Study circle

Chanakya's IAS academy

Elite Academy

Vajiaram and Ravi IAS academy

Brilliant Tutorials Pvt Ltd

Reddy's IAS study circle

Brain Tree

Paradigm 's IAS academy

Analog Institute of civil services

ALL THE BEST
15th April 2015, 06:50 PM
amanshrivastava98

Default Re: Should I start my IAS preparation right from 1st year of B.Tech? How should I proceed further and when to join coaching?

Since you are pursuing BTech, so it is going to be very difficult for you to clear the UPSC, but yes, it is not impossible though.

You should start studying the subjects of arts as soon as possible and that too before proceeding to a coaching too.

Because since you are from science background, you should have your concepts of arts first and then only any coaching would be helpful to you.

o, you should study on your own first, get your concepts clear and then join a coaching.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?