30th September 2012, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

What is the scope of Architecture in India?

scope in architecture in India....could u please tell me what is the scope

1st February 2013, 06:58 PM

Arrow Re: What is the scope of Architecture in India?

the Scope of Architecture in India

There is vast opportunity for architectures in India as it is a very good professional course like MBBS, LLB and CA.

eligibility: you should be 12th class pass with (min 50%) and maths should be the main subject. you must get a rank in the AIEEE entrance test to be placed in best architectural college..The college from where you obtain your Architecture degree is very very important. As the reputation of the college will fetch you the first job after your degree.

the course duration is 4 years. There may be another year for the internship after final year.

To be able to practice as an Architect you should register with Council of Architecture after the degree. There are so many jobs for architects as india is growing.

As a fresher you may have to work for salary about Rs 15000/m but after 3-4 years you may earn upto Rs 60-80000 or more. the future is very bright !

best of luck!
1st February 2013, 07:29 PM
Ashwinkumar9009

Default Re: What is the scope of Architecture in India?

The scope of Architecture in India

Architecture is part of the 2nd largest industry in India i.e., Construction Industry next to Agriculture. It is usually initiated by Developers, Builders, Corporates etc & the Architect is the Main Consultant who is involved in all aspects of the Project from scratch to execution.

In capacity of an Architect, a person has several career opportunities depending on expertise or area of specialization e.g.,

1. Urban Planner : Designing & Master Planning of Towns or large scale areas.
2. Building Designer: Planning of Buildings e.g., Bungalows, Apartments, Malls, Hospitals, Hotels etc.
3. Interior Designer: Interior Designing of various spaces
4. Landscape Designer: Designing of landscapes
5. Elevation Designer: Designing of Building Exteriors
6. Liasaoning Consultant: Municipal Approvals
7. Arbitrator: Lawyer of Judge for technical cases.
8. Valuer: Property valuation
9. 3d Visualizer
10. Project Management Consultant: Execution of Projects
11. Environmental/Sustainable Design Consultant
12. Surveyor
13. Documentator
14. Art/Set Designer

These are just a few careers options for an Architect from amongst more than 100. Some of the above fields do not require the Architect to have creative or aesthetic sense though a general understanding & aptitude is important for communication purpose.

The average starting salary of a Fresh Graduate Architect usually ranges from Rs. 8000/- to Rs. 20,000/- INR per month in India depending of the Architect's Skills & the Employer Organization. With experience of more than 10 years, the salary per month could be more than 1 Lakh per month depending on type of experience & delivering capabilities of the Architect. If Practicing independently, the fees of the Architect is 5 % of the Total Project Cost depending on scope of work for an Architectural project as per Council of Architecture norms.

I would suggest you join a field that is your area of interest or expertise which would be easier for you to sustain for a lifetime.
1st February 2013, 08:24 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Hello,
With the rise in development and modernization of cities and towns,there lies the need of Architects every now and then for the designing.
Construction companies are the ones that provide numerous opportunities for young and talented Architects.The Architects can start from being an apprentice for some firms and later on after gaining some experience have ample opportunities and not to forget the packages which is attractive for sure.

There are also opportunities in PWD's,Railways,Archaeological Department etc.Also there are numerous organization that hire experienced Architects for their projects.

An experienced Architects can also open his/her personal consultancy to assist the required.
Beyond doubt Architects have their futures bright in India as well as abroad.

Good Luck.
2nd February 2013, 10:47 AM
TARA001
Senior Member++++

HELLO,

Scope of Architecture Courses and its benefits

The biggest benefit of the architectural course is that it gives a wide scope for the creative skills of a person. While being creative, the person also learns to manage the resources in which he/she is supposed to fit the plan of the work.

The scope of architecture courses gives a promising career and opens many doors of opportunities towards a successful and a lucrative career.

Various branches of Architecture are :

* Landscape Designing,

* Township Planning,

* Interior designing, Naval Architecture and

* Construction Management compile the course of architecture.

Eligibility for the Architectural Courses

* Candidates who have completed the 10+2 level in the field of science with a minimum of 50 % are eligible for the application to this course. The candidate also needs to clear the entrance level exams like the AIEEE ( All India Engineering Entrance Examination) that are held by the Central Board of Secondary Education ( C.B.S.E) or the National Aptitude Test of Architecture that is held by the National Institute of Advanced Studies and Architecture.

Course Duration :

* The duration period of the undergraduate level course in architecture is 5 years and includes practical training along with the theoretical training.

Scope of Architecture Courses in India

On successful completion of the course, the aspiring architects can choose to work in the different fields like :

* The Department of the Railways,

* National Institutes of Urban Affairs,

* Town and Country Planning Organization etc.

PAY SCALE :

* A fresh graduate in Architecture can expect minimum 2 to 2.5 lakhs per year. And depending on the person's commitment, and sincerity to a project a fresh graduate too can expect more than this. The salary or remuneration varies from place to place or project to project.

GOOD LUCK
5th March 2013, 10:34 PM
Unregistered

what is the salary of 10 years of experience architect in gujarat
21st September 2013, 01:32 PM
Unregistered

if m in 11 i have n aim of becoming architect is there a scope n what formality should i complete??????
4th March 2018, 08:43 AM
Unregistered

I passed diploma with architecture I need better practice in this field. But here is no vacancies about fresher. How I increase my knowledge to this field?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?