5th April 2011, 02:23 AM
Unregistered

What should I choose after 10th if my aim is to join NIFT? Do I need to apply for any coaching?

helllloooo.....i hv completed my 10th class.....want 2 ask wich shud i opt if my aim is nift(national institute of fashion and technology)..??????
plz tel d best courses offered by it....???
n shud i hv 2 get sum coaching with 11th and 12th....????

26th August 2011, 08:25 PM
lovebirdskarun
Senior Member+

Default Re: What should I choose after 10th if my aim is to join NIFT? Do I need to apply for any coaching?

If you are interested to join NIFT

1. Take physics, chemistry and mathematics in 11 and 12th class

2. write the entrance examination of NIFT

there is no need to take coaching for getting for NIFT

The syllabus of entrance exam will be same as that of ncert text

so study the ncert well
28th August 2011, 02:35 AM
belide
Senior Member+++

Default Re: What should I choose after 10th if my aim is to join NIFT? Do I need to apply for any coaching?

NIFT (National Institute Of Fashion Technology) conducts an entrance test...
To get through in that you should be good at
1)logical thinking
2)lateral thinking
3)logical reasoning
4)problem solving ability
5)aptitude
6)verbal and non verbal..

You can prepare all these from RSAGARWAL...
It would be better to go for MPC after your 10th

You should be perfect in all those above mentoned..
all the best
27th June 2012, 08:27 PM
Unregistered

i m in 11th with commerce (maths) ..it;s suitable for doing nift in future and arts is compulsory for nift...?
31st August 2012, 11:43 AM
Unregistered

i m in 11 science(maths) and i want to be in nift after my HSC so how sholud i prepare for it and from which sources?
10th September 2012, 04:29 PM
Unregistered

hi iam a student of 11th iam a commerce student without maths i want to became jewellery desinger so what is the age limit to joinn or so please let me now i can the entarance exam is easy for me
7th October 2012, 10:37 PM
Unregistered

can i do NIFT after10
8th October 2012, 01:32 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
helllloooo.....i hv completed my 10th class.....want 2 ask wich shud i opt if my aim is nift(national institute of fashion and technology)..??????
plz tel d best courses offered by it....???
n shud i hv 2 get sum coaching with 11th and 12th....????

$$ NIFT stands for National Institute of Fashion Technology. This entrance exam is for those students who are seeking admission to bachelor's program and master's program. If you are fashion conscious and keep yourself updated about everything new and fashionable in town, love to read fashion magazines then this is just the right career option for you. Usually this exam is conducted during the month of February.

$$ If you want to do B.Des in Fashion Design, Leather Design, Accessory Design, Textile Design, Knitwear Design and Fashion Communication then you need to pass higher secondary examination or its equivalent from a recognized institution. The subject combination at 10+2 level is of little importance here.

$$ If you have completed a three or four years' diploma degree from a recognized AICTE approved institution or Sate Board of Technical Education then also count yourself in.

$$ If you want to do a bachelor's degree in fashion technology then you need to have physics, chemistry and mathematics at 10+2 level.

$$ There will be a two stage selection procedure which you have to go through to finally get selected. If you go for B.Des then you need to sit for a written examination which is called the General Ability Test (GAT) and there is a creative ability test too. For candidates applying for B.FTech apart from giving the GAT exam you also need to go through the managerial aptitude test.

$$ For the General Aptitude Test you need to stress on the following sections:- Quantitative Ability, Communication Ability, English Comprehension, Business Domain Test and Analytical Ability.

$$ In the written examination objective type questions will generally come. So you need to approach every answer very cautiously because there is negative marking too. For every wrong answer 0.25 marks will be deducted from your original score.

$$ It is to remember that the written examination is not the final criteria here. As after the exam you may have to go through some other tests like situation test. Then there is the group discussion and personal interview session to go through as well.

NIFT Exam Books:-

Guide To NIFT/NID For For Groups A, B And C
by R. P. Datson, B. L. Sadna, S. L. Gulati
Publisher: New Light Publishers

Career's Guide NIFT
by Sonia Sahney
Publisher: Bright Publications

NIFT National Intrance Exam
by Verma (Paperback)
Publisher: Asian Books

NIFT NID/IIFT Admission Test (With Special Colour Supplement)
by Surendra Kavimandan
Publisher: Ramesh Publishing House

Hope this helps :-> :->
29th April 2014, 01:37 PM
Unregistered

I am in 11 class and i am having commerce with computer ,so can i do designing from nift
29th April 2014, 01:52 PM
Unregistered

I am in class 11 and i am having commerce with computer can i do fashion designing from nift????
27th September 2014, 03:21 PM
Unregistered

I have commerce with maths and am in 11th grade . Can i go for interior designing in nift ? Reply asap pls .
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?