17th March 2012, 07:59 PM
Unregistered

Which subjects to take to become an IPS officer after cracking IIT? I am a student of class 9th

I am student of class 9th.I am very confused how to prepare myself for cracking iit.I usually can't study for long time .I don't know what subjects to take for becoming ips officer after cracking iit...

20th March 2012, 01:34 AM
vike
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to take to become an IPS officer after cracking IIT? I am a student of class 9th

I have seen and met many people who wanted to become an IAS/IPS/Anything else
but they came to know their real after getting into an IIT and so after completion of
degree they would dedicate them completely for Civil Services Examination.

There are few people who wish to become an IAS/IPS/Anything else and who also knew
it before 12th but they would fear from fate and so they would go for engineering
courses for a safe career so that if they don't pass the Civil Services Exam they would
have a job at least.

There could be many more similar situations.

If I say that "doing B.Tech. from an IIT/Other institute, for an IAS aspirant is a waste of
time" then I might be wrong so I won't.

Still I want you to repeat this question to yourself
"How important it is for me to get into B.Tech. course in an IIT if I want to become an IPS Officer?"

Generally, it happens that when a person of your knowledge does something good which
is worth talking about then you start thinking about doing the same thing.
So, if one of your elder cousin clears IIT-JEE you start thinking about IIT-JEE
and when someone in your neighborhood becomes IPS, you start thinking about this one.

Whenever you decide a goal for you, do not let these actions affect your decision.

You have mentioned that "You generally can't study for long"

If you do not have any medical problem then this problem of yours is because you actually
get distracted by rest, games, t.v. etc. but you can get distracted by anything only if
those thing are more important to you rather than IIT or IPS thing.

Just do what you can do to get what you want.

Books for Preparation:
Presently you are not ready to start right from the syllabus of Civil Services because
syllabus of any subject use to be of Graduation standard.

Presently, you have huge tasks to do which one requires for Civil Services Exams.
The tasks are
Enhance your study dedicated time because you have no other choice if you
want to become an IPS officer.
Read Newspapers daily (Even if you don't understand an article, READ IT. take it for
granted that you might not be able to deal with it right now but in coming future you will)
Refer THE HINDU, ECONOMIC TIMES. You can start with other newspapers too but
you should shift to THE HINDU as early as possible.
Refer some magazine like Chronicles and Pratiyogita Darpan.
Daily morning exercise is compulsory for shining your study habits.
Read your old books of Science and Social Science subjects (from VIth Std. onwards)

As far as IIT is concerned, when you will be eligible for getting admission in an IIT,
there could not be any IIT-JEE anymore.
Let yourself pass 10th first. There is no need of preparing for such entrance exams
before 10th but it is urgent to start preparing for such entrance exams immediately
after 10th.
20th March 2012, 06:34 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which subjects to take to become an IPS officer after cracking IIT? I am a student of class 9th

Hi dear.........
AS you are in school in class - 9th , you have a long period , now you continue your study , i am providing you a carrier chart from where you can get details information about your future......

The details eligibility criteria of IPS exam are as follows.......

For further details visit official website of upsc.
http://www.upsc.gov.in

Good luck............
4th June 2012, 11:18 AM
Unregistered

hello sir, i have a dream to get into the civil services but also i wanted to do engineering so if i do engineering and then how can i prepare for civil services
14th January 2013, 08:06 PM
Unregistered

Hi,sir myself kiran am in 11th class a science(non-med) student my aim is to become an IPS OFFICER nd after 12th i want clear iit exam so wht should i do nd how from now only i should start preparing to become an ips officer nd after 12th if i do btech then afterwards what i should do plz suggest me .
14th April 2016, 09:10 PM
Unregistered

I want to become an ips officer by taking iit . So I want to know that will I become ips officer by iit ?
27th April 2017, 07:44 AM
Unregistered

I'm weak in maths . I'm in 9th standard . I'm improving maths . What field should I choose iit or ops officer?
18th August 2018, 10:15 PM
Unregistered

I want to know that I want to become a IOS officer but I don't know how I get this job . This present year I complete my graduation in English (hons). Also I want to know that is there are any jobs that I get for my graduation degree.
11th October 2021, 11:56 AM
Unregistered

I am in 9 class I want to be an IPS officer which subject I take to be IPS officer
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?