24th January 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

How to pursue IAS for student of 9th standard? Subjects to study and tips?

I m studying in 9th and i am interested in I.A.S.officer so if i can get some tips for that. if i can know about what i should study in what field i should go etc.?

24th January 2011, 10:43 PM
prashantmeghalia
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to pursue IAS for student of 9th standard? Subjects to study and tips?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m studying in 9th and i am interested in I.A.S.officer so if i can get some tips for that. if i can know about what i should study in what field i should go etc.?
dear friend,
it is very good that you are thinking of ias at such a little age. for IAS exam, you will have to pass 12th class with non medical with atleast 60% marks. and after that you will also have to do graduation in any field of your choice. graduation can be bsc, ba, b.com, bca, b.tech etc. after doing graduation, you will be eligible to give the exam. in IAS exam there is general knowledge exam also. so you must keep yourself updated of happenings in the world. for more details regarding the exam visit their official website
www.upsc.gov.in
25th January 2011, 01:11 AM
khanddn
Senior Member+

Default Re: How to pursue IAS for student of 9th standard? Subjects to study and tips?

Quote:
Dear Friend;

I Really appreciate you that you want to become a IAS,Good

But the thing is its not the right time for You to think about the IAS why because first of all you have to concentrate on your upcoming Board Exam than 10+2 afterwards Graduation and then you will be able to write that exam.
coming to your question Regarding which subject is suitable for you to write that exam,its totally depends on you,you just think on which subject you like most or you enjoying to read it that will be your main in IAS,Read Daily Newspaper,current Affairs and incidents which happen recently.

But be concentrate on your present ....

All the Best

Thanks
25th January 2011, 06:48 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

You need to begin with being well aware of the General Awareness area. You make sure to read the newspaper daily. Also you can appear for the exam only after you have completed your graduation. Also make sure to prepare for any of the optional subjects.
25th January 2011, 09:58 AM
kumarpravir007
Senior Member+++

hello friend........
to get into the ias you have to be a graduate and then only you can give the exam and qualify
it is too earlier for you to concentrate on a particular subject
but after 10th you should be more focussed on you subject of choice
and after graduation or b tech degree you can even take the coaching from a reputed institute.......
25th January 2011, 03:44 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

hello,

It is right time to star preparing for IAS exam from now,it is said that some small drops of water makes an ocean.

you can write for this exam after your graduate. For this start preparing general awareness subjects:
1. manorma year book.
2.CSR refresher- contains tips and previous year questions as well as success stories.
3.Frontline,India today etc.

Try reading newspapers like Times of India and The Hindu.

best wishes!!!
regards,
yash
25th January 2011, 04:31 PM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: How to pursue IAS for student of 9th standard? Subjects to study and tips?

Quote:
Hello,
Its good that you have decided about your career so early. You should have a bachelor's degree before you apply for the civil services exam conducted by UPSC. This degree could be any field you are interested in.
I recommend you to start reading English newspapers that is published nation wide for eg. Times of India, Hindustan Times or The Hindu.
Also start reading some magazines such as Competition Success Review which is published after every month as it specially focuses on IAS exam.It contains topper's interview and various tips from the experts.
26th January 2011, 12:39 AM
abhimanyu2688

To become IAS officer you will have to pass Civil Services Examination which is conducted by UPSC every Year.
The exam is conducted in three phases i.e.
Preliminary Exam
Mains Exam
Interview Round
You will have to select two optional Subjects for mains exam.
Since you are in class 9th you will have to pass graduation exam first to write the exam.
Age Limit for UPSC CS Exam is 21-30 Years.
For optional Subjects choose those subjects in which you are most comfortable and interested. For details about UPSC CS Exam please visit www.upsc.gov.in
Good Luck.
20th February 2011, 12:20 AM
ankurloonia

it doesn't matters which stream u take up, just start ur preparation just after u pass ur 12 th class
10th March 2011, 09:00 PM
Unregistered

WHAT SHOULD I DO FOR PASSING EXAMINATION OF I.A.S INTRANCE AND WHEN I WILL BECOME AN I.A.S OFFICER
12th March 2011, 11:06 AM
kapila Chaudhary
Senior Member++++

You needs to be a graduate to appear for IAS.See the details given below and prepare accordingly.

UPSC IAS EXAM:Exam for IAS i.e Indian Administrative Services conducted by UPSC every year.

Eligibility Criteria for IAS :
1.Age limit
21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .

2.Educational Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree of a recognized university with at least one of the subjects namely Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor's degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering or an equivalent qualification.

3.Number of Attempts
Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.

Exam Pattern:
All India Combined Competitive Examination for the Civil Services conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) comprises of two successive stages:
•Preliminary Examination: It is of objective type, which is a qualifying examination.
•Main Examination: It consists of written examination and interview.

UPSC Main Examination - Optional Subjects
General Studies
Agriculture
Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Civil Engineering
Commerce
Economics
Electrical Engineering
Geography
Geology
Indian History
Law
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Medical Science
Philosophy
Physics
Political Science
Psychology
Public Administration
Sociology
Statistics
Zoology
Anthropology
Arabic
Assamese
Bengali
Chinese
English
German
Gujarati
Hindi
Kannada
Kashmiri
Konkani
Malayalam
Manipuri
Marathi
Nepali
Oriya
Pali
Persian
Punjabi
Russian
Sanskrit
Sindhi
Tamil
Telugu
Urdu
Management

You can apply offline as well as online for IAS.
  • Apply online by using the website http://www.upsconline.nic.in
  • Apply offline by purchasing the application form from designated post offices throughout the country.
For complete details go to http://www.upsc.gov.in
17th June 2011, 12:24 PM
Unregistered

I m confused I m interested in maths but I want to become an iition or want to pass IAS so which stream should I choose I m in 9th this year
19th June 2011, 11:34 PM
Ramjash
Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,

If you are really interested to become IAS officer please work hard. It is not a very easy job. But if you work hard everything is possible.

Minimum qualification for appearing IAS exam is graduation. Exam is conducted by UPSC every year.

If you qualify in exam than face interview board and go ahead as the guidance given by the authorities from UPSC.

Regards,

Ramjash
20th June 2011, 12:20 AM
Unregistered

how yo start with prepairation for ias exams from 9th class?
24th June 2011, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

pehle 10 paas krlo n yaar...
10th July 2011, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

I am very much interested in maths and history. And I am eager to become an IAS officer. So please give me some tips to become an IAS officer.
10th July 2011, 08:02 PM
Unregistered

I am very interested in maths and history. I am very eager to study to become an IAS officer.
11th July 2011, 07:21 PM
Tushar93

Thumbs up Re: How to pursue IAS for student of 9th standard? Subjects to study and tips?

Quote:
I am very interested in maths and history. I am very eager to study to become an IAS officer.
Hello Friend,

It's good that you want to join IAS. For this you need to work really hard. I suggest you to.....

1. Read English newspaper, especially the editor's page, regularly and form a viewpoint on different issues as mentioned in the newspaper. You should read either Times Of India, Hindustan Times or The Hindu.

2. Start reading magazines such as Competition Success Review and Frontline.

3. Solve sample question papers and read topper's interviews.

Good Luck
29th August 2011, 12:30 AM
Unregistered

can u tell me computer arts subjects?
23rd November 2011, 08:06 PM
gamble007
Senior Member++

INDIAN ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICE [IAS]

There is a civil service examination for these posts, conducted by the UPSC [UNION PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION],..
Its sounds good, that, you want to serve the nation , which is really appreciable.

As, you are a 9th class student , so you are not eligible for this exam yet..

The minimum educational qualification needed for appear in this civil service examination is a graduation degree in any stream.

This civil service examination has three stages to clear in the way of IAS -
1.CSAT [CIVIL SERVICE ATTITUDE TEST]
2.MAINS
3.INTERVIEW [PERSONALITY TEST]

The age limit exist for this examination is 21-30 years for the GENERAL candidates,
21-33 years for the OBC [NON-CREAMY LAYER]
21-35 years for the SC\ST candidates,.

Thank you!!

~gamble~
28th November 2011, 01:34 PM
oopa

to get into the ias you have to be a graduate and then only you can give the exam and qualify
it is too earlier for you to concentrate on a particular subject
but after 10th you should be more focussed on you subject of choice
and after graduation or b tech degree you can even take the coaching from a reputed institute......
28th November 2011, 08:33 PM
co-rocks

HI DEAR,

I Really appreciate you that you want to become a IAS,Good

But the thing is its not the right time for You to think about the IAS why because first of all you have to concentrate on your upcoming Board Exam than 10+2 afterwards Graduation and then you will be able to write that exam.
coming to your question Regarding which subject is suitable for you to write that exam,its totally depends on you,you just think on which subject you like most or you enjoying to read it that will be your main in IAS,Read Daily Newspaper,current Affairs and incidents which happen recently.

But be concentrate on your present ....

THANKS
30th November 2011, 12:05 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
Dear Friend,
I salute your planning to become an IAS officer in future and you want to try for that from such an early date.

The IAS stands for Indian Administrative Services. The selection of IAS officer is done through the Civil Service Examination conducted by the UPSC.

The minimum eligibility criteria to appear in the Civil Service Examination is as follows:-
The candidate should be a graduate from a recognized institute.
The age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years and should not be more than 30 years.

So friend first complete your class 10th and 12th and then graduation then only you will become eligible to apply for the civil service examination and then apply for the examination.

Best Wishes......
24th December 2011, 02:09 AM
Unregistered

can i give ias exam if i failed in mathematics in class 12 and passed in overall?
8th March 2012, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

My daughter will be in 9th std. next month. She wants to be a ias officer. Please let me know what subjects will be helpfull for her to choose in 9th std. In icse board.
16th April 2012, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

I WANT TO BECOME AN IAS .please tell me the stream to be applied after gradution.
7th November 2012, 09:12 PM
suraj391

IAS is an central service and also deeply regarded as
the most prestigious job in the civil services.

As you don't know the basic eligibility criteria for this
I will try to explain the basic eligibility criteria require for this

The main basic eligibility criteria for Civils Service Examination

->Candidate must have 21 years of age

->Candidate must complete at least degree
from a recognized Indian University

this is all about the basic eligibility criteria of CSE

As per your qualification i.e., M.Tech (5Years)
course You will be eligible for the exam which will
be conducted by UPSC Delhi

You can go through the examination code for Civil
Service Examination in the official website of UPSC

i.e.
www.upsc.gov.in

The exam will be conducted by UPSC this exam is
conducted every year with the name of Civil service examination.

For this exam there will be a huge competition
so you have to be well prepared to face the examination

the exam is conducted in the three stage format

->CSAT(Preliminary)

->Mains

->Interview
In this way the exam will be go on for a year duration till you complete the full procedure but one note that if you fail in any of the stage you have to appear again from the first so it is the game with a little risk

hope you will clear in your first attempt only
all the best
8th November 2012, 09:48 AM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

You are too young to worry about IAS. Please concentrate on your studies and only start to think about IAS when you pursue graduation. At this moment the best thing for you is to study hard and pass school with good marks in 10th and 12th standard.

You can choose any subjects that you would like. The requirement for IAS is graduation degree. It does not matter whether it is in arts, commerce or science stream. This is hardly an issue.

But that does not mean that you can be careless in choosing the subjects. Please remember that only 300 candidates are selected each year for IAS. Therefore choose the subjects in whch you will like to make career in future if failed to clear the IAS Exam.

Eligibility for IAS

1. Only candidates of Indian origin can apply.

2. A graduation degree in any stream.

3. There is no percentage requirement.

4. The age limit is 21 to 30 years.

5. There is 3 years relaxation for OBC.

6. SC/ST are given 5 years relaxation.

Only start to prepare for the IAS exam when you reach the final year of graduation course. Start off by improving your English communication skills and general knowledge. Pay more attention to what is happening around the world through watching and reading news.

Also select the 2 optional subjects for the main exam and start preparing for them. You will be given a list to pick 2 subjects. Choose the subjects that are easy for you or related to your course.
23rd February 2013, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
you need to concentrate on all the subjects and score more marks in your board exams
1st March 2013, 09:17 PM
Unregistered

Thank you, for given information i am a 9th class student ho what to prepare for I.A.S examination.
28th June 2017, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

I want to become IAS and interested in maths so what should I do in 11th class,?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?