1st June 2016, 04:05 PM
vishii tyagi

What should I do to have a career in Psychology after completion of 12th with commerce?

Hello,

I am in class 12th with commerce right now,i want to do psychology as career but I don't have psychology as a subject so can i be able to do psychology further? Who can provide me the details on the same? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study Counselling Psychology after completing 12th Commerce?
  2. Procedure to join Clinical Psychology course after completion of B.Sc in Psychology? List of Institutes offering this course in Distance Learning? Career Options for me after completion of this course?
  3. Career options available after completion of 12th for Commerce students?
  4. M.Sc in Psychology is possible after B.A. in Psychology?
  5. What career option should I opt related to commerce stream after completion of my 12th? Currently I am studying in 11th -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What shall I do after completion of 12th Class? Procedure to join CA course after completion of 12th Class?
  7. How can I score well in Psychology? What are lucrative career options after 12th?
  8. Is B.A Psychology a better course for commerce student?
  9. Can i do Psychology after 12th with Sociology subject?
  10. Various career options available in Psychology after PCB with Psychology in 11th and 12th?
  11. How many courses are available for my better career after completion of graduation in commerce
  12. What are the various career opportunities available in psychology after M.Sc?
  13. How to switch to psychology after passing 12th commerce?
  14. What are the career opportunities after completion of 12th commerce?
  15. Can I study B.Sc(Psychology) if studying 12th Science with Psychology as an optional subject?
  16. Can I study M.Sc(Psychology) after completion of B.A. in same domain?
  17. What is the average cut off for Commerce student to get admission in BA Psychology?
  18. How much salary we can expect to get after completion of Ph.D in Psychology in Kerala?
1st June 2016, 10:03 PM
Shaenma
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to have a career in Psychology after completion of 12th with commerce?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishii tyagi View Post
Hello,

I am in class 12th with commerce right now,i want to do psychology as career but I don't have psychology as a subject so can i be able to do psychology further? Who can provide me the details on the same? Awaiting for the response.
Yes this course can be pursued by students with commerce backgrounds too. For B.A. in psychology students with arts background can also apply for. If you had mathematics and english as compulsory subjects at 10+2 level then in most of the colleges you can apply for B.Sc in psychology. You need to have not less than 50% of marks in aggregate for that and 45% marks or more in english and mathematics.

Top Colleges:-
  • St. Xavier's College, Ahmedabad
  • Women's Christian College, Chennai
  • National Degree College, Secunderabad
  • Ethiraj College for Women, Chennai
  • Presidency College, Chennai
  • Holy Cross College, Agartala
  • St. Thomas College of Arts and Science, Chennai
  • Prajyothi Niketan College, Thrissur
  • Tripura University, Agartala
After completing graduation in psychology you can then go for M.Sc, PhD or MPhil degree in the same subject which will then make you eligible to apply for the post of lectureship in various colleges. Apart from that you will also become eligible to sit for the numerous government exams which are conducted every year like civil service exams, banking exams or railway exams and so on.
1st June 2016, 10:17 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do to have a career in Psychology after completion of 12th with commerce?

The basic eligibility criteria for pursuing BSc in psychology degree is qualifying 12th or equivalent examination in any discipline. Some reputed colleges and institutes demand a minimum of 50% marks in 12th as qualifying criteria to secure admission. Selection to the degree course in these colleges is based on marks secured in the final merit list. Total marks aggregated in the final exams of 12th and the entrance exam.
8th November 2016, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

What should I do to have a career in Psychology after completion of 12th with science (i had taken PCMB)??
can someone plz help me
6th January 2017, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

I'm a student of class 12 i want to take psychology in college but i dont have it as a subject in class 12 will i be able to choose it as a subject in college??
28th January 2017, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

I am a 12th biology science student..I would like to study psychology in college...but I don't have it as a subject...will I able to choose it as a subject in college? Awaiting for the response..
2nd February 2017, 11:46 AM
Unregistered

Can I pursue career in psychology after completing BA without this subject?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?