9th May 2011, 03:48 AM
dasa nidhi

What should I select in 11th between science and commerce? Which field is better?

haiiii, nw i will come in 11th. i m so confused tht wat i shld select in 11th. i dnt knw tht wat to select. ever1 tells tht science is so hard so every1 is tell tht not to select tht...so plz tell me which feld is better nd good ....

9th May 2011, 06:19 AM
killer singh

Smile Re: What should I select in 11th between science and commerce? Which field is better?

science is not that much hard,i u can maintain 3 to 4 hrz of study then u can score gud marks bcoz i hav also taken science...soo just chill out
and u can take science
or join coachin for doin iit .aieee or pmt
that ur choice
9th May 2011, 07:20 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I select in 11th between science and commerce? Which field is better?

First of all it is not advisable to go by others opinion alone. You need to think which of these subjects interest you. You must select the subject which you are most comfortable in. If you feel that the science subjects were difficult during school days then you must certainly not select the same for higher studies. Also you must now decide on the job profile you would be interested in and based on that select the appropriate subjects.
9th May 2011, 07:20 AM
gurubhai2

Smile Re: What should I select in 11th between science and commerce? Which field is better?

first of all,dont listen to anyone ,just peep into your heart and see that which subject u like most.,in commerce section ,u can become a C.A and can do M.BA but science section is far better from commerce.u must have to study hard in both sections.in science ,u can become an engineer or air hostess and if u choose medical; line then u can become a doctor and also a nurse .in science stream,all work has a good salary package in comparison to commerce section.in my oipinion you should go for science .u have to study hard in both so why not to choose science?>
9th May 2011, 08:29 AM
dreksha chaudhary
Senior Member+++

Thumbs up Re: What should I select in 11th between science and commerce? Which field is better?

Dear friend,

You have not mentioned about your interest. If your interest is in Science then go for Science stream. Science also have two parts PCB or PCM. If at all you do not want science then go for Commerce.

In fact selection of stream should be on the interest of the student, it should not be forcefully imposed.

If you opt science then you can go for Engineering, Medical, IAS, IPS, MBA, MCA,CDS etc

If you opt Commerce then you can go for CA, MBA, IAS, IPS, CDS etc

At last I would like to suggest you to select stream as per your interest.

All the best.........
9th May 2011, 11:29 AM
venkatgct

Default Re: What should I select in 11th between science and commerce? Which field is better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasa nidhi View Post
haiiii, nw i will come in 11th. i m so confused tht wat i shld select in 11th. i dnt knw tht wat to select. ever1 tells tht science is so hard so every1 is tell tht not to select tht...so plz tell me which feld is better nd good ....
dear friend,

The field which u hav mentioned as a choice are very diversified with respect to each other from the 11th standard level.

The very best option is to choose based on ur aims and goals and interests rather than wat others say!!

think lik this, both fields are easy and enjoyable if u have total interest in that!!

further, if u feel that u r avg or below commerce wil b a better choice else start exploring science!!!!

regards...
9th May 2011, 01:02 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

It is the major problems which most of the candidates face soon after the completion of 10th.

Most of the people believe that Science is so tough. In fact it is an acceptable thing. For many of the candidates who join in Science stream in 10+2, they face so many difficulties with the science terminology and subject.

But its sure that all these problems will be just for first 2 months or 3 months.

If you are really interested in Science, take Science stream. Work hard in the initial months. Later you can adopt to the subject.

Whatever the stream it is, either science or commerce, it depends on how well you show interest to learn subject will give you the result.

So choose the stream which you are more interested.
9th May 2011, 01:16 PM
Mrs_Praveen_Gola
Senior Member+++++

All the fields are good & hard too.It depends upon the students callibre that how much He/she gains from it & touch the sky.

Coming to your question it all depends upon the marks you achieved in 10th class & your interest lies in a particular field.

Science is not a hard subject and if you choose it then after 12th you have a no: of career options in which you can enter instead of getting lesser marks too.

As a science student's thinking is becoming vast then a commerce or humanities one.

So if you interested in science then definitely go for it instead of getting confused to consider it as a difficult one.
9th May 2011, 01:55 PM
simranbebi

all fiend have a good opportunity ... but what is your interest sub. ?
9th May 2011, 02:37 PM
sidbond

It all depends on your interests and capabilities.

If you found yourself at ease with science and mathematics in 10th, rest assured, you won't be troubled by it in 11th either. You do not need to be afraid at all. You may be uncomfortable at first as you see a big syllabus in front of you and you may realize that 10th was nothing compared to it, but this is equally true for commerce.

In either case, you will be needed to focus on your subjects.

If you're not good at mugging up things, I'll suggest you to take science. You don't have to keep whole theories intact in mind.
And if you're good at mugging things up, you can go for commerce.

Both streams are rewarding and good, given that you pursue it with interest.

Best of luck!!
9th May 2011, 03:13 PM
mandiv

hiii dear....
you seem to be confused regarding your subject....but dont worry dear...
this is the problem faced by many of the students......
look i am a non- medical student.......on the other hand my elder brother took commerce when he was in 11th.....
when i started my class 11th........i regreted that why did i took science and why not commerce......but now when i see my brother busy in his books then i get my answer that
koi ni uss time problems ayi par ab i am very happy with my decision.......
simple si baat hai its basically your interest which pulls you towards it.....
agar apko science zyada pasand hai then take science and if you like maths more then opt for commerce........
best of luck
take care...........
9th May 2011, 03:15 PM
mandiv

Thumbs up Re: What should I select in 11th between science and commerce? Which field is better?

hiii dear....
you seem to be confused regarding your subject....but dont worry dear...
this is the problem faced by many of the students......
look i am a non- medical student.......on the other hand my elder brother took commerce when he was in 11th.....
when i started my class 11th........i regreted that why did i took science and why not commerce......but now when i see my brother busy in his books then i get my answer that
koi ni uss time problems ayi par ab i am very happy with my decision.......
simple si baat hai its basically your interest which pulls you towards it.....
agar apko science zyada pasand hai then take science and if you like maths more then opt for commerce........
best of luck
take care...........
9th May 2011, 07:00 PM
surendergora
Senior Member++++

Taking up science or not, depends on you, why are you allowing others to advice you, or if you really wanna take advice , take help from your teacher or person who has taken up science stream.
It is total useless to say science is tough, if you have a genuine interest , then its very easy and interesting too, & what is the point intaking up subject which you dont like, its not true that you elders are very right , also ask your opinion about yourself and decide.
9th May 2011, 10:45 PM
shivamthakral

Quote:
Originally Posted by dasa nidhi View Post
As first choice is yours but if you want to take my opinion
if you are intrested in bussiness than you should take commerce but if you are intrested in engineering or in doctor line than you should take science .
9th May 2011, 10:52 PM
Unregistered

Talking Re: What should I select in 11th between science and commerce? Which field is better?

well, both has its benefits...
and both can be equally destructive if u cant handle the pressure.
judge urself, what YOU can handle...
science needs brain more than muggin up, nd its a lot more pressure.
commerce needs maths nd a bit of mugging up..
but future prospects r equally bright on both.
10th May 2011, 06:07 PM
jits
Senior Member++++

According to me,no subject seems hard when your interested in it and if you have the passion to learn it.It totally depends upon your interest which course to join.

Science Stream and Commerce Stream:-

Science stream is well divided into two categories i.e P.C.M(Physics,Chemistry,Maths) and Bi.P.C(Biology,Physics,Chemistry).Neither of the streams are tough to learn and can definitely lead you to higher positions in life.PCM can lead you to the path of Engineer and Bi.P.C can lead you to the path of Doctor basically.But you can even join other courses like Commerce where you can choose B.Com,BBA and other such courses in your under graduation level.

Just choose the course which your interested in as all the courses are good and will lead you to a higher position in life if your totally involved in your course.
10th May 2011, 07:50 PM
geetha20

its better to opt commerce,because now a days demand for a commerce student is very high,u can go for professional fields like CA,ICWA,CS if you take commerce subject.
In case if u dont get a good rank in eamcet(if you have taken science) then you have no other option like mba nd mca unlike commerce field.
so i hope you'll take a wise decision in opting the subject
10th May 2011, 08:41 PM
frost

select any stream but be sure In which stream you got better percentage......................thats good for your future
10th May 2011, 08:57 PM
nikhilmi
Senior Member++++

Post Re: What should I select in 11th between science and commerce? Which field is better?

Hello,
Though it is one of the most deciding stage.As after 10th,everyone get confused about what to choose.

But i would advice you to choose the stream which you are interested in.I think by now you might have got some idea about the various streams like SCIENCE,ARTS ETC..
If you have a desire to become an Engineer then PCM should be the choice but if you are serious about becoming a Doctor then PCB should be the option.

Apart from these you can also choose the ARTS stream and further you can pursue graduation courses like in Commerce,BBA,B.Arts etc.

But if you can get admission in science stream,then it would open up more and more future options for you making your career bright.

Remember,whatever you choose think it carefully,taking help from your parents,giving your INTERESTS the top most priority.

Finally,do not listen to others who tries to frighten you by telling science as a tough one,it is taken up by normal persons like you and me.So keep faith in yourself,its you who is going to do all the work,so throw out this feelings.You can do it.

Even the easiest of the things would be tougher until and unless it is given some effort,hard work with dedication.

Good Luck.
10th May 2011, 09:32 PM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Choosing one among these ultimately depends upon your field of interest, don't bother about others.

Although you cannot compare these two stream as both have diffrent career prospects and there is no question of 'better' among these.

Students prefer science most of the time if they are willing to choose Engineering or Medical stream, commerce is for buisness administration whereas art is for law or whatsoever. Now days career spectrum is such wide that even after choosing one stream you can jump over diffrent field.

Science is consider to be better in the sense that a science student can pursue BSC, BCom and BA whereas art student can only choose BA(its just an example). Its doesn't implies that science is better but have more scope. But again if someone is intrested in Law than why there is need to choose science stream. Here comes the answere that which stream should be choose.

Many students are unable decide that what they are going to do in future, even after appearing 10+2.

Right now you definetly have to choose one of three, so choose according to your interest. If you still find it difficult than you may consult councellor or you may take aptitute test.
10th May 2011, 09:38 PM
yogalakshmi sekar

according to me,it is better to select science group...

because,it has many professional course offers...

if you study science group,u can go by following choices...

=>engineering

=>medicine

=>chartered accountancy

=>any degree

=>teacher training

it is bit tough...

smart work makes everthing easy...

all the best...

regards
Yogi
10th May 2011, 09:59 PM
sumansin
Senior Member+++++

Friend, you should select those stream which suitable to you. there are many
option in both stream. with science stream you can go medical and
enginnering field and with commerce you can choose CA, finance , bank.
14th May 2011, 09:54 PM
Unregistered

i am so confused to take bio side or commerce? plese anybody tell me what i do?
24th May 2011, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

i am really very conused in choosing between science or commerce.actually i have a little intrest in science but when you look at my past record ,i didnt scored much in science.but when i think of taking commerce,i am afraid that its totally a new subject and will i be able to understand it or will i be able to take intrest in it .
28th May 2011, 01:31 PM
Unregistered

i am totally confused which stream to take in 11 std. i am good in maths but equally good in physics.but i like n=maths more than science. which stream should i take commerce with maths or pcm
30th May 2011, 10:04 AM
stranger351

Both of stream are better and good for Future.
Science Stream
AIEEE
IIT-JEE
BITS
BITSAT
WBJEE
BBA
BCA
MCA
BSc
You can also apply for NDA examination which is also good scope in future.
For more information regarding NDA
you can visit official website of UPSC
www.upsc.gov.in

MEDICAL EXAMS
You can go for following exams and courses-
AFMC
CPMT
State PMT
BCA
B.pharma
BSc.

Commerce stream has also many options like Science Stream some of are-
CA
ICA
ICWA
CS
B.Com
BCA
BBA
These all are graduation courses and after that you can go for higher studies..
4th June 2011, 09:59 PM
Unregistered

HOW MUCH MUCH PERERCENTAGE WANT'S TO TAKE SCIENCE\COMMERCE
7th June 2011, 08:19 PM
Unregistered

i have just given my 10th.I am a bit confused wat stream to take now.I never liked physics but i always scored 90% in science n it was the same with maths but i was a little more interested in maths.I dont have any particular interest in any field..and now im unable to take dis decision.sum1 plzz help!!!
9th November 2011, 04:18 PM
Unregistered

i always like maths more than science
i dont want to become either doctor or engineer
my maths is absoutely awesum except the banking,instalment or any calculation part then wat should i adopt maths or science
19th February 2012, 01:45 AM
Unregistered

how to know my interest????.......if i choose pcm wht othr thng i cn do excpt engneerng......& if i opt for pcb wht othr thng i cn do excpt doctr..........& if i opt 4 comm. wht othr thin i cn do excpt ca, cs,llb etc......i wnt 2 do smthng diffrnt which will surely yield me a brigtest future wid lots of money.........pls helpp me........
24th March 2012, 08:35 PM
Unregistered

hiiiiiiii dear my question is which carrer ichoose wheaternon medical or commerce please give me suggestion
12th May 2012, 08:38 PM
Unregistered

which subject should i select in 11th to become an air hostess?
16th June 2012, 08:09 PM
noal

hey watz up i knw cool u should chooz commerce stream bczzz this stream is much better then science and also it so interesting then go for commerse
25th March 2013, 05:14 PM
Unregistered

i wanted to select maths with commerce in 11th,so what will i be able to do in future by these subjects?
24th April 2013, 09:04 AM
Unregistered

i am good in maths as i always got a grade i just want to know that if i choose science stream what are the courses can i do in a with a low fees and what jobs can i get after doing that courses.
24th April 2013, 01:09 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Shouldnt you choose the best? What if people say science is hard?

Trust me Science in 11th and 12th is nothing in comparison with your study afterwards. Since you are good at Maths, it would be add on. Jobs after science is good.
You can choose commerce as well but gather much knowledge before choosing any field. To be on safer side and for wider option go for Science. Its easy and good.

All the best
24th April 2013, 01:21 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

Shouldnt you choose the best? What if people say science is hard?

Trust me Science in 11th and 12th is nothing in comparison with your study afterwards. Since you are good at Maths, it would be add on. Jobs after science is good.
You can choose commerce as well but gather much knowledge before choosing any field. To be on safer side and for wider option go for Science. Its easy and good.

All the best
24th April 2013, 02:31 PM
Bread and butter
Junior Member+

Dear friend, as you are 11th class student and we all know that the result of 10th class is pending and you want to know which field is good between science and commerce. Firstly I would say you that every field is good itself. As your class 10th result is pending, therefore,you can try every field till your result is not out.After your result if you score good marks in science subjects(physics,chemistry,biology,and maths),they you have to take science stream otherwise you can take any stream which you like the most. Best of luck.
26th April 2013, 12:43 PM
Unregistered

i have opted for pcm with computers bt i m not sure that will i be able to cop up with it......i m so stressed out..... what should i do ???????
16th May 2013, 11:39 AM
Unregistered

hey everyone..
i've given my 10th xzam and i just confused about my stream selection that whether or not should i choose commerce or bio...
m not gud at maths m intrested in science but just for a casual study.. and my mothers wnts me to tk bio bt i think i should tk cmmrc
my dad wnts me to b an IAS
my mothr says tht pcb is a gud stream and ofcrs it wil give a a good salaried job or smthng..
but i dnt wnt to go in science stream it is too hard to study n m not a studying type of girl
please help m in great dilemma..
help!!
28th June 2013, 11:49 PM
Unregistered

i am little confused that through any collage can we get good offers after reading science? please suggest me.
29th June 2013, 07:52 PM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

Hi
In fact selection of stream should be on the interest of the student, it should not be forcefully imposed.If you opt science then you can go for Engineering, Medical, IAS, IPS, MBA, MCA,CDS etcIf you opt Commerce then you can go for CA, MBA, IAS, IPS, CDS etc
At last I would like to suggest you to select stream as per your interest.
All the best...
29th June 2013, 10:31 PM
amit89itbhu
Senior Member+++

Hi

No.
If you are talking about campus placement, then you need to choose your branch and college very sincerely.
There are many science college, most of them don't provide placement also, forget about good placement. Moreover, if you go to such college, you may have to work really very hard even to get placed.

Always try to aim at college who are up in rank list.
It has good infrastructure and faculty.
Also the alumni base very good, working at various good position.
It would also provide your very good placement.

All the best
14th August 2013, 07:41 PM
Unregistered

Re: What should I select in 11th between science and commerce?
hey i want to do business management.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?