6th September 2011, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

What should I study to get a job in NTPC?

hi m akshay persuing b.tech final year in mechanical engineering from indraprastha univ. after completing my b.tech i want to get my first job in NTPC..i want to know about the course of exam and books for study to crack their entrance exam..

21st September 2011, 03:21 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: What should I study to get a job in NTPC?

please send me ntpc exam date for 2011-2012,syllabus,eligibility on my email [email protected]
31st May 2012, 10:28 AM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: What should I study to get a job in NTPC?

Hi

NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation) is actually one of the top PSU's in India which are basic Public Sector Companies working or functioning under the Government of India.

Now till last year, NTPC, NHPC, BHEL, ONGC, DRDO, ISRO, etc.. all these companies used to conduct their own individual entrance exams but from this year onwards they have agreed that they would recruit on the basis of the GATE exam.

GATE - Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering

This is an Entrance exam conducted by the IIT's every year for the PSU recruitment's as well as for the selection of the candidates for the M.Tech courses.

Basic Eligibility Criteria says that you should be a minimum graduate/ final year in B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy/B.Arch from a recognized college or university.
Also it has no age nor attempt limits.

So basically you need to apply for this examination in order to get a job in the NTPC. Score a very high rank and the best percentile that you can and you will get a call from NTPC for the interview.

The syllabus would be the same which you have studied in all the 4 years of your B.Tech together. Study or take some coaching for the GATE from somewhere.
To get a list of books, Please Click Here

All the best

Regards
RANJEET
31st May 2012, 11:00 AM
VIVEK2525

hi friends,

NTPC (National Thermal Power Corporation) is actually one of the top PSU's in India which are basic Public Sector Companies working or functioning under the Government of India.

Now till last year, NTPC, NHPC, BHEL, ONGC, DRDO, ISRO, etc.. all these companies used to conduct their own individual entrance exams but from this year onwards they have agreed that they would recruit on the basis of the GATE exam.

This is an Entrance exam conducted by the IIT's every year for the PSU recruitment's as well as for the selection of the candidates for the M.Tech courses.

Basic Eligibility Criteria says that you should be a minimum graduate/ final year in B.E/B.Tech/B.Pharmacy/B.Arch from a recognized college or university.

So basically you need to apply for this examination in order to get a job in the NTPC. Score a very high rank and the best percentile that you can and you will get a call from NTPC for the interview.

The syllabus would be the same which you have studied in all the 4 years of your B.Tech together. Study or take some coaching for the GATE from somewhere

thanks
31st May 2012, 11:09 AM
VIVEK2525

hi friends,

The syllabus would be the same which you have studied in all the 4 years of your B.Tech together. Study or take some coaching for the GATE from somewhere

thanks
31st May 2012, 12:20 PM
nagendra vijayasree
Senior Member+

NTPC stands for National Thermal Power Corporation which is now NTPC Limited.

According to vacancy available recruitment is conducted for different post.

Every year recruitment is conducted for Executive Trainee post in core engineering

stream and management stream.

This year the recruitment is to be conducted for

Engineering Executive Trainees: Electrical, mechanical, civil, instrumentation and control engineering.

Stream wise eligibility

Electrical

Electrical/Electrical & Electronics/Electrical, Instrumentation &
Control/Power Systems & High Voltage/Power Electronics/Power
Engineering

Mechanical

Mechanical/Production/Industrial Engg/Production & Industrial
Engg/Thermal/Mechanical & Automation/Power Engineering

Civil

Civil Engineering

Control & Instrumentation

Electronics/Electronics & Telecommunication/Electronics & Power/Power
Electronics/Electronics & Communication/ Electrical &
Electronics/Electronics & Instrumentation/ Instrumentation & Control

Executive Trainees - Finance (ET-Fin)

For this post CA/ICWA qualified candidates are eligible to apply.

The kind of job is sort of Asst. Manager in power plant and its associated sections

after training
/probation period.
31st May 2012, 12:45 PM
junaidghy

Dear friend,

For getting jobs in NTPC you have to qualify in GATE exam. All Psu like GAil, bhel, NTPC, nhpc, sail etc will select on the base of GATE scorecard. So try to qualify in that exam.
31st May 2012, 01:50 PM
belidepriyanka

Thumbs up Re: What should I study to get a job in NTPC?

NTPC is a PSU that is PUBLIC SECTOR COMPANY which is working under the governement..
in order to get job in PSU:
you need to get good percent in your academics

you need to have good technical skills

you need to have good communication skills

you need to apply for GATE
As gate score is the eligibilty criteria for it you need to get good score in the GATE
Start preparing for it from nowitself
all the best..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?