31st May 2018, 01:16 PM
Asad3381

What should be minimum percentage in class 10th under CBSE board to get Science stream in 11th?

I scored 52% in my class 10th board exam under CBSE board of education. Can I get Science stream in 11th under CBSE board only in any schools?

2nd June 2018, 08:50 PM
ajjuravi
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be minimum percentage in class 10th under CBSE board to get Science stream in 11th?

Yes, you can get your desired stream in 11th standard to complete your 11th and 12th studies.

Opting your stream is not dependent on school authorities. It is up to you which stream you are choosing for 11th and 12th standard.

If you think you are good in Science (PCM or PCB or PCMB), then you can opt for Science stream with combination of subjects.
  • PCM (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) will lead your career towards engineering and other courses.
  • PCB (i.e. Physics, Chemistry and Biology) will lead your career towards medical field.
  • While combination of these two i.e. Mathematics and Biology will open both the opportunities for you including some new one like Biotechnology, Genetics, etc.
2nd June 2018, 09:31 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should be minimum percentage in class 10th under CBSE board to get Science stream in 11th?

There is no norms regarding the minimum required aggregate to get admission in science stream after 10th.

Candidates passed 10th are eligible to get admission in the stream of their choice.

But various school have minimum required criteria to offer admission in a particular stream.

So, kindly visit the school official website to get details about eligibility.
3rd June 2018, 10:52 AM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Having completed your Class 10th with 52% marks you are certainly eligible for pursuing Class 12th with Science stream as there is no specific requirement of marks for selection of stream for higher secondary school degree and hence any Class 10th passed can opt for any stream as per his/her interest and strength.

Yes, there are few schools/colleges which do have certain requirement of marks for admission in their institute with a particular stream but this rule is limited to some institutes only.
3rd June 2018, 02:32 PM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

There is no limitation on minimum required aggregate in 10th board examination to get admission in 11th Science stream in a recognized board.

But, most of the school make a certain minimum requirement on board aggregate to offer admission in stream of choice.

So, you must visit the school in which you want to get admission for detail information regarding minimum requirement in board examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?