18th August 2012, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

What are the steps to be followed to become a CA?

what are the steps i want to follow to become a CA..pelase tell me how much is it

21st December 2012, 10:10 PM
Cool Srk
Senior Member+

Cool Re: What are the steps to be followed to become a CA?

Hi ,

A candidate who desires to become a member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) and thereby a practicing chartered accountant must:

(a) Clear the intermediate and final examination of the institute.
(b) Register as an articled or audit clerk with a practicing chartered accountant.
(c) Register with the board of studies of the institute.

In order to be eligible for appearing in the intermediate and final exams of the institute, the aspirant must have successfully completed and passed the foundation course. Most chartered accountants are commerce graduates, which provides them with a b back up before they embark on such an important nay-tough course. Registration to the foundation course of one-year duration is open to those who have completed 10+2.
The foundation course can also be taken up simultaneously with graduate or postgraduate studies. Commerce graduates with 50% marks, non-commerce graduates without maths, with 55% marks and non-commerce graduates with maths and an aggregate of 60% marks are exempted from the foundation exam and are permitted to register as articled clerks for practical training.

The CA course is conducted through lectures and postal tuitions by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI), head-quartered in New Delhi.

The ICAI has five regional offices at Mumbai, Calcutta, Chennai, Kanpur, and New Delhi, with 81 branches to these regional centres.

for more info, visit : http://www.icai.org/

Cool....
21st December 2012, 10:51 PM
irshad.a
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the steps to be followed to become a CA?

Requirements for becoming a Chartered Accountant:

Under the existing chartered accountancy scheme of education, training and examination, the
requirements for becoming a chartered accountant are as follows:

(i) Enrol with the Institute for Common Proficiency Test (CPT) after passing class 10th
examination conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination
recognized by the Central Government as equivalent thereto.

(ii) Appear in CPT after appearing in the senior secondary examination (10+2 examination)
conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination recognized by
the Central Government as equivalent thereto and after completion of specified period (60 days)
from the date of registration for CPT with the Board of Studies as on the first day of the month in
which examination is to be held, viz., students registered on or before 1st April/1st October will be
eligible to appear in June/December examination, as the case may be. However, candidate should
pass both CPT and 10+2 before registering for Integrated Professional Competence
Course (IPCC).

(iii) Enrol for Group I or Group II or for both Group I and Group II of Integrated Professional
Competence Course (IPCC) to become “Chartered Accountant”.

(iv) Successfully complete 9 months of study course from the date of IPCC registration.

(v) Successfully complete Orientation Course of one week spanning 35 hours and covering
topics, such as personality development, communication skills, office procedure, business
environment, general commercial knowledge, etc., before commencement of articled training.

(vi) Successfully complete 100 hours Information Technology Training (ITT) before commencement
of articled training.

(vii) Appear and pass Group I as well as Group II of Integrated Professional Competence
Examination (IPCE). Group I is composed of four papers and Group II is composed of three papers.

(viii) Register as Articled Assistant for a period of 3 years, on passing either Group I or both the
Groups of IPCE.

(ix) Register for CA Final Course and prepare for CA Final Examination.

(x) Undergo General Management and Communication Skills (GMCS) (15 days) course while
undergoing Final Course and serving the last 12 months of articled training.

(xi) Complete 3 years period of articled training.

(xii) Appear in the Final Examination on completion of the practical training or while serving last 6
months of articled training on or before the last day of the month preceding the month in which the
examination is to be held.

(xiii) Pass final examination and complete GMCS, if not completed earlier.

(xiv) Enrol as a member of ICAI and designate as “Chartered Accountant”.

GOOD LUCK...
22nd December 2012, 08:40 AM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

Hi dear............

CA course stands for Chattered Accountant Courses which is conducted through ICAI(set up by an Act of Parliament) There are some steps which are as follows.

You have to clear the levels to jump the above levels , CPT, IPCC , FINAL...

For more details log on to..
http://www.icai.org

Good luck.............
22nd December 2012, 03:35 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

become a CA:-
Eligibility criteria-Those candidate have passed 12th from recognized board are eligible for CPT .

CPT stands for COMMON PROFICIENT TEST and this is objective type test their multiple option .Its duration 3 years CPT Exam held june and december every year.

When you will have clear CPT then you eligible for IPCC .And IPCC qualified eligible for
CA Final course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?