21st June 2017, 10:32 PM
Unregistered

What are the steps to take after 10th standard to become an aeronautical engineer?

What are the steps to take after 10th standard to become an aeronautical engineer? What should I do next? I had got 84% in 10 std. Will it be suffice? Can you please guide me with your valuable suggestion on the same. Awaiting for the response.

23rd June 2017, 12:00 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: What are the steps to take after 10th standard to become an aeronautical engineer?

After 10th standard, you have to complete 12th standard with PCM stream. PCM stream includes Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as primary subjects. Thereafter, you will have to appear for engineering entrance exam like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, MH-CET, COMEDK, etc. After qualifying exam, you can opt for Aeronautical engineering in counseling.
24th June 2017, 12:34 AM
rachna sarswat
Senior Member+

Default Re: What are the steps to take after 10th standard to become an aeronautical engineer?

First you have to complete your intermediate in PCM group from a recognized board. After that you have to give JEE exam which is an entrance exam for admission in B.Tech. If you want you can start coaching for this exam from now. Thanks
24th June 2017, 09:23 AM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

Just follow the given below steps:

Step I: First step towards engineering is to pursue 10+2 in science stream. Your science stream subjects must include Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.

Step II: While appearing for senior secondary board examination, you can apply for entrance exam of engineering. JEE is entrance examination of engineering for admission in top colleges of engineering.

If your rank is decent, you can select Aeronautical Engineering.
24th June 2017, 01:22 PM
BISWAROOP YOGI
Senior Member++

Nice to see an ambition to become an Aeronautical Engineer.
To pursue this dream, you have to complete your bachelor's degree course in Aeronautical Engineering from a good Engineering College.

Since you just have completed 10th standard, you have to pursue your Intermediate course (11th and 12th) with one of the following combinations of subjects :

* PCMB (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics, Biology)
* PCMC (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics. Computer Science)
* PCME (Physicd, Chemistry, Mathematics, Economics)

After you complete your 12th standard, you to appear in Engineering Entrance Exams and crack it to get into a good Engineering College/University/Institution and pursue Bachelor in Engineering (B.E.) or Bachelor in Technology (B.Tech) course.
And then either placement or experience will take you to a post as Aeronautical Engineer.

** Top Engineering Colleges for Aeronautical Engineering :-

* Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur
* Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
* Indian Institute of Technology, Chennai
* Academy of Aerospace & Aviation
* Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
* Nehru College of Aeronautical and Applied Science
* Punjab Engineering College
* Madras Institute of Technology
* Sathyabama University
* Institute of Aviation Training
* Hindustan College of Engineering

** Entrance Exams to get admissions into above colleges are :

* JEE Mains
* JEE Advance
* VITEEE
* SRMEEE
* KCET
* UPSEE
* CEE
* AMCET
* MPPCET
25th June 2017, 09:36 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

To become an aeronautical engineer having completed your Class 10th with 84% marks the very first thing which you have to do is to complete your higher secondary school degree with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from a recognized board of education.

Further for admission in top engineering colleges like IIT, NIT, other CFTIs, BITs, state government engineering colleges, etc. for pursuing B.E./B.Tech degree in Aeronautics you need to qualify engineering entrance examinations like JEE, State EEE, BITSAT, VITEEE, SRMEEE, etc. .

Here I would also I like to mention that Aeronautical Engineering course is one of the trades with high scope and demand and hence in admission in the same course you need to do very well in your academics to secure top ranks in engineering entrance examinations.
24th March 2019, 01:53 PM
Unregistered

Hi, this is Monika, I've completed my 11th standard and I wanna become an aeronautical engineer can u help me out in finding top universities throughout the whole world.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?