8th November 2011, 02:52 PM
Unregistered

What's the eligibility and preparatory procedure for IFS Exam? I am in B.Tech 3rd year (IT).

I m student of 3rd year engineerin in information technology.am i eligible for i.f.s. Exam and how can i prepare for this exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to become an IFS? Eligibility criteria? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Am i eligible for IFS after passing electrical engineering 3rd year? Can I appear for IFS in final year
  3. Eligibility for IFS for result awaiting candidates of B.Sc 3rd year?
  4. Procedure and eligibility criteria to write IFS exam?
  5. Whats the procedure to apply for summer internship in IIT while doing 3rd year engineering?
  6. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for Internship in BSNL for B.Tech(ECE) 3rd year student?
  7. How to join Internship in any core electronics company? How can I apply for internship? What is the procedure?
  8. Can I apply for IFS in 4th year after passing 3rd year engineering?
  9. What is the entire procedure to be followed for doing internship in Railways while doing B.Tech 3rd year? -- [New]
  10. Do candidates of MBBS eligible for IFS Exam?
  11. What is the complete procedure which need to be followed for applying summer internship in Railways while doing B.Tech 3rd year?
  12. Admission to 2nd year B.Tech in PEC? Procedure and eligibility criteria?
  13. Procedure to apply for DRDO recruitment? I am pursuing B.Tech 3rd year
  14. What is the procedure for summer internship in BHEL? I am a 3rd semester student of B.Tech electrical engineering
  15. Procedure to apply for summer internship in IIT during B.Tech Civil 3rd Year? Number of students they take for internship?
  16. List of Aeronautical Centres where I can apply for summer training during 3rd year Aeronautical B.Tech? Procedure to apply in HAL Bangalore?
  17. How to do training while in B.Tech 3rd year?
  18. Eligibility criteria to write IFS Exam?
8th July 2012, 05:04 PM
sherleytwain
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What's the eligibility and preparatory procedure for IFS Exam? I am in B.Tech 3rd year (IT).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I m student of 3rd year engineerin in information technology.am i eligible for i.f.s. Exam and how can i prepare for this exam?

Eligibility Criteria for IFS exam -

Nationality

The candidate must be a citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or Bhutan or a Tibetan refugee.

Age limit

-the candidate must have completed 21 years of age and should be less than 30 years of age as on ! august of the year of examination. It means candidate who has attained the age of 30 before 1 Aug will no be eligible

- Schedule caste, schedule tribe and ex-servicemen candidates are given a relaxation of 5 years in the upper age limit.

-Other backward class candidates are given a relaxation of 3 years in the upper age limit.

Number of attempts

The General candidates can attempt the exam only 4 times and OBC candidates can attempt the exam 7 times. There is no restriction to the number of attempts for SC/ST candidates.

Preparation procedure

There will be one paper of English language, one of General knowledge and you will have to choose 2 optional subjects. There will be 2 papers for each of the optional subject.

Since there are 2 papers of the each optional subject you must choose it wisely only after checking the syllabus. Just remember that there are certain combination of subjects which are not allowed like mathematics and statistics.

For the optional subjects you will have to make a thorough study of the textbooks

All the questions will be essay type, your handwriting must be good otherwise marks may be deducted.

For General studies you must read out newspaper like the Hindu and journals and magazines like Kurushetra , the frontline, some news weeklies like India today etc. of last 6 months to prepare the current events part.

For history and geography part of the GK paper you can refer to NCERT books.

And you should definitely study out some books having solved papers of a last few years. This gives a good idea of the marks distribution.
8th July 2012, 05:48 PM
drjeet
Senior Member+

Default Re: What's the eligibility and preparatory procedure for IFS Exam? I am in B.Tech 3rd year (IT).

Hello..
IFS is the Indian Forest Service Examination.

Qualification:
> A Bachelor’s degree with at least one of the subjects namely, Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics and Zoology or a Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Forestry or Engineering of a recognised university or equivalent.

Age-limits
21-30 Years on 1st July of the year of examination

> notification of examination comes in the month of January and February.

>Exam held in the month of July.

There is exam conducted by the board.
1. Written or conventional essay type:
In which 6 papers included of total marks of 1400.
A. General English:300 Marks
B.General Knowledge:300 marks
(C. and D) and (E and F) are two optional subjects. each subject has two papers. and 200 Marks for each.

Optional subjects can be:
Agriculture
Agricultural Engineering
Animal Husbandary & Veterinary Science
Botany
Chemistry
Chemical Engineering
Civil Engineering
Forestry
Geology
Mathematics
Mechanical Engineering
Physics
Statistics
Zoology

2, second Test is
Interview for Personality Test of 300 Marks

Preparation procedure :
> you must prepare the General English for the Essay writing

> Prepare the personality development..

All the best for Examination.
8th July 2012, 06:34 PM
Ravikanth2027
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Criteria for IFS Examination :

Candidates must be a Indian
Candidates complete a degree in any stream from a recognized university
Age limit between 21 to 30 years for General candidates , age relaxation as per govt rules 3 years for OBC & 5 years for SC/ST candidates

Number of Attempts :

General candidates : 4 times
OBC candidates : 7 times
SC/ST candidates : no limit

Selection Process :

Preliminary Examination
Main Examination
Interview

12th July 2012, 07:15 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi,

IFS Stands for Indian Forest Service Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC(Union Public Service Commission) Every Year.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR IFS EXAM:

To Apply for this examination you must have completed degree with one of the subject Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science, Botany, Geology, Chemistry, Geology, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics and Zoology etc.

Final year appearing candidates are eligible for this exam.

The age limit of this examination should be between 21 to 30 years. The upper age relaxation should be applicable. 3 years age relaxation for obc and 5 years for sc/st candidates.

No of attempts:

4 for general Category

7 for obc

No limit for the sc/st categories

There is selection process providing in three stages

Preliminary exam

Main Exam

Personal Interview

Exam Pattern:

Written test-300 marks

General Knowledge-300marks

Any two optional Subjects-200marks
from the list of options

The candidate cracked the written test are eligible for the personal Interview

for more details visit the website

http://www.upsc.gov.in

all the best.
19th July 2012, 05:47 PM
nellipudi.santhoshkumar
Senior Member++++

hai,

IFS(Indian Forest Service).This exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission(UPSC) in every year.

Eligibility Criteria:

*The Candidate must completed Graduation with one of the subject Animal HusbandryandVeterinaryScience,Botany,Chemistry,Geo logy,Physics,Statistics, Mathematics and Zoology etc.

*Final year Pursuing Candidates are Eligible for this exam.

*Age limit:
The age limit between 21 to 30 years.Age relaxation should be applicable.

*For OBC Candidates age relaxation is 3 years.

*for SC/ST Candidates age relaxation is 5 years.

No of Attempts:

*For OBC Candidates 7 times

*For General Category 4 times

*No limit for SC/ST Candidates

Selection Process:

*Main Exam

*Preliminary Exam

*Personal Interview

Exam Pattern:

*Written Test - 300 marks

*General Knowledge - 300 marks

*Any two optional subjects- 200 marks from the list of options
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?