19th September 2011, 03:25 PM
Unregistered

When is the entrance exam of Merchant navy? How much will be the initial salary?

when will be the entrance exam of merchant navy ?
what will be the initial salary of merchant navy?

Related Questions:
  1. Which field to choose after 12th having interest in Software Engineering and Merchant Navy? -- [New]
  2. Syllabus of the entrance exam of Merchant Navy? Last years question papers of Merchant Navy?
  3. Can I join Merchant Navy after completion of 10th class? How much salary I can expect after completion of this course?
  4. Fee structure, duration of the course, eligibility criteria of Merchant Navy course? How much salary can I expect?
  5. Can girls after doing B.Sc. join navy or merchant navy?
  6. Information for joining Ship Construction of India after 12th with PCM?
  7. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  8. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Dates of the merchant navy entrance exam?
  10. Admission procedure of joining Merchant Navy after completing of IT engineering course? Is there any entrance exam to be answered?
  11. How much salary can we get in Merchant Navy?
  12. What is the highest salary of merchant navy?
  13. Procedure to apply for Merchant Navy after 12th with PCM? Salary of a deck cadet? On what basis if promotion done?
  14. What is the maximum salary of merchant navy?
  15. Hwo to join merchant Navy if I am interested in Merchant Navy?
  16. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the procedure?
  17. Merchant Navy or Indian Navy after B.Sc.? Admission procedure and Institutes?
  18. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
21st September 2011, 04:03 AM
sidbond

Default Re: When is the entrance exam of Merchant navy? How much will be the initial salary?

Most of the good marine colleges take scores of JEE, or conduct their own tests and cutoff lists.
Some of the institutes are: MERI, IMI, Tolani, AMET, etc.

You need to apply to specific colleges individually.

The initial pay package after the course is 6-12 lakhs.
21st September 2011, 09:21 AM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When is the entrance exam of Merchant navy? How much will be the initial salary?

Normally the entrance exam is conducted in the month of December. The application forms for the same will be available in the month of November. The cost of the application form will be around Rs 2500. The salary will depend on the type of carrier you join and whether the same belongs to an Indian company or offshore. The salary is the higher for those joining oil tankers. The salary will be around $1800 to $2500 per month for foreign ships. It will much lower than this for Indian companies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?