20th August 2012, 04:36 PM
Unregistered

When is SET and NET exam going to be held? I have passed M.Com

i have passed m.com in 2012 and wish to appear at set exam 2012 .when will set and net exams be held?chetan pawar mob 9420538864

3rd October 2012, 05:12 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: When is SET and NET exam going to be held? I have passed M.Com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i have passed m.com in 2012 and wish to appear at set exam 2012 .when will set and net exams be held?chetan pawar mob 9420538864
SET stands for State Eligibility test, this examination is conducted by Various state Universities two times in a year.

NET stands for National Eligibility test and this examination is conducted by UGC, two times in a year in June and December every year, the eligibility criteria and examination pattern is approximately same. Both these examination are conducted to determine the eligibility for the post of Lectureship and Junior Research Fellowship Post.

SET certified your for the post of Lectureship only.

To apply for both these examination, you have to complete your Post graduate degree course with minimum 55% marks. Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for this examination.

This year June NET Examination was already completed and December NET Examination notification is going to be Published soon in the month of October 2012.

You have to choose the subjects in NET on the basis of your post graduation.

the syllabus and Previous year papers is already available in the official website of UGC.

http://www.ugcnetonline.in
3rd October 2012, 05:44 PM
HackeR55

HI.....

NET - National Eligibility Test

The National Eligibility Test (NET) is the national level entrance examination in India for postgraduate candidates who wish to qualify for admission in Ph.D research and/or university level teaching jobs in India.

If you have completed masters degree from recognized university then you are eligible for NET exam.

For general and OBC candidate must be hold 55%above in masters degree. SC/ST candidate must be hold 50% above in masters degree.

For lectureship ,There is no upper age limit but the Minimum age is 19 years.There is no restriction for attempts NET exam.

For more details about NET exam click on the link http://www.ugc.ac.in

SET-State Eligibility Test

The exam is conducted by the respected states. So The eligibility of the set is varies from state to state.

Eligibility For SET(State Eligibility Test):

- You should have the Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

- SC/ST candidates who have secured minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

EXAMS ARE USUALLY CONDUCTED IN THE MONTH OF JUNE:

SET-State Eligibility Test

The exam is conducted by the respected states. So The eligibility of the set is varies from state to state.

Eligibility For SET(State Eligibility Test):

- You should have the Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

- SC/ST candidates who have secured minimum 55% marks in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

- There is no age limit to appear in the test.

3rd October 2012, 05:55 PM
sudha001

Hello Friend,

NET Schedule:

UGC conducts NET twice a year, i.e., in the months of June and December. The notifications announcing the June and December examinations are published in the months of March and September respectively in the weekly journal of nation-wide circulation, viz, Employment News.

For your benefit i am posting a link that will help you :http://ugcnetonline.in

As SET stand for State eligibility Test ,therefore i am posting a link for you which will help you a lot for your quires : www.wbcsc.ac.in/

setexam.unipune.ac.in/

www.set-test.org/

Hope you are satisfied with the answers ...

Best Of Luck ...
4th March 2013, 11:27 AM
Unregistered

i have completed M.com and am persuing MBA but i have only 50% marks in PG.and also i am from obc cat.so am i eligible for net set exams
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?