8th December 2012, 02:11 PM
Unregistered

When should I be able to give the NDA entrance exam

What is d process of filling the form?? When to fill it?? I am in 12 th std now so when shall i be able to give the NDA entrance exam ??

8th December 2012, 06:03 PM
sammy_wrath
Senior Member+

Thumbs up Re: When should I be able to give the NDA entrance exam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
What is d process of filling the form?? When to fill it?? I am in 12 th std now so when shall i be able to give the NDA entrance exam ??
Dear Aspirant,

Yes you can apply for National Defence Academy(NDA) and Naval Academy(NA).

You should apply online application here at UPSC website before 22nd December, 2012 to 21st January, 2013 till 11.59 p.m.

Else the link will be not available.so dont get late for the application.

Fee for the NDA Exam :

Rs.50/- for obc,oc castes.
For SC,ST castes its Free[For those who come under the exemption of fee].

You can apply for both wings NDA and NA. Minimum qualification entering in to the NDA is passing Matriculation.

But when you want to apply for Army,Air Force,Naval wings you should pass the 12th. i.e 10 +2.

If you are yet to pass then you also can apply for the post in the NDA.But follow the procedure given below.

Procedure for 12th class students who are yet to pass :

If you have passed NDA exam after appearing this exam.You should forward the certificates with photocopy's to the following address.

For Army wing

Army HQ,
West Block-III,
R.K. Puram,
New Delhi – 110 066

For Naval Wing

Naval Headquarters,
DMPR ( OI & R ) Section,
Room No 204, ‘C’ Wing,
Sena Bhavan,
New Delhi – 110 011.

who has already passed 12th need not do the above process.At the time of the ssb interview you should provide all your required certificates.

Note: Students should be unmarried.

All the best

Regards,
Sampath
8th December 2012, 07:18 PM
Kotesh432
Senior Member+

Default Re: When should I be able to give the NDA entrance exam

Hi Guest,

The eligibility criteria for NDA exam is as follows:

12th class passed or equivalent conducted by state or central government universities.

The candidate must be unmarried

The age limit is as follows: 16 years to 19 years

The candidate must be an Indian

There are different physical requirements for male and female candidates.

I suggest you to visit the official website and read the detailed notification for all the details regarding the physical requirements.

Thank you,

All the best.
8th December 2012, 07:18 PM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

NDA stands for National defence academy. Every year UPS conducts NDA Exam twice a year through which the candidates can make entry into the following defence services

Army wing
Navy wing
Air Force wing

The minimum academic qualification that is required for a candidate is completion of 12th class from a recognized institute.

To be eligible to apply for Army wing, one should have completed 12th class with any of the stream.

In order to be eligible to apply for Navy and Air Force wings, you should have completed 12th class with Mathematics and Physics as the compulsory subjects.

The required age limit for a candidate to apply for this exam is 16 1/2 years to 19 years.

The selection procedure will be by
Written Exam
Interview
Medical Test

Have good preparation for this Exam and crack it.

For more information on this Exam, please visit
http://upsc.gov.in/
8th December 2012, 11:39 PM
josh98
Senior Member+++++

Hi friend.......

NDA means National Defence Academy. This exam conducted by the union Public Service Commission twice in a year.

NDA-I
NDA-II

NDA has three wings:

Indian Army
Indian Air force
Navy

Eligibility:

Nationality:

Candidate should be citizen of India.

Education Qualification:

You should complete the 12th standard from any recognized University.

No min percentage required for this exam.

PCM subjects are required for the navy & indian air force exams.

Age limit:

Your age min age is 16.5 years.

Your max age is 19 years.

No age relaxation for other categories.

Only unmarried male candidates are eligible for this exam.

Girls are not eligible for this exam.

Selection Process:

Written test

Medical test

Interview

referred site:

http://www.upsc.gov.in

All the best..........
9th December 2012, 12:46 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

NDA - National Defence Academy, the exam for which is conductd by UPSC two times every year to join Indian Army, Navy and Air Force wing of NDA.

The aspiring candidate for NDA must be an unmarried Indian male having either appear for the final 12th exam or pass in any stream from a recognised Board within the age of 16.5 to 19 years with good Physical and Mental Fitness.

So as you are in 12th standard now you can apply for NDA now.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
9th December 2012, 08:07 PM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: When should I be able to give the NDA entrance exam

Quote:

When To Fill The NDA Form

NDA (National Defense Academy) Exam is conducted every year by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) in the months of April and August..

A candidate must satisfy the following eligibility criterion for appearing in the NDA Exam :-

>> The candidate must be within the age limit of 16.5-19 years

>> The candidate must either be appearing for 12th or must have already cleared 12th from a recognized board..

Apart from these things, you will also have to satisfy the physical requirements for every wing..

The candidates need to clear 3 rounds in order to get recruited to their desired wing :-

>> Written Exam
>> Interview Round
>> Medical Examination Round

In the written exam..you will be facing 2 exams :-

General Ability
Test of basic English, Maths and Science

You can visit http://upsc.gov.in for more details on the exam..

The forms for the NDA-1 2013 shall be available from 22nd December,2012 to 21st January,2013..

The exam shall be conducted on 7th April,2013..

In order to fill the form for the exam you can Click Here

I have also attached some of the previous year papers of NDA along with the physical requirements for each wing..

Go through them and I hope they will help you out in your preparations..

all the best..

With Warm Regards
Nitz
Attached Files
File Type: doc NDA Genral-ability.doc(61.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: pdf NDA-Solved-Previous-Year-Question-Paper-2008.pdf(61.3 KB, 75 views)
File Type: txt Physical Requirements for NDA.txt(3.2 KB, 31 views)
17th April 2013, 03:09 PM
ranjeet250490
Senior Member++++

Arrow Re: When should I be able to give the NDA entrance exam

Quote:
Hi

You would be glad to know that you are at the perfect junction to appear for this exam which is NDA - National Defense Academy. I would tell you more about it in detail but before that I would want to give you a detailed information about what this exam is all about.

NDA is an Entrance which is conducted by the UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) every year but twice which are usually in the month's of April and August. So that students can once take part before the results of the board exams and also after the board exams results are out.

There are a few things that you have to consider before you can actually apply for this exam and those are the BASIC ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA :-

--> All the applicants should be unmarried Male Indians.
--> Also the age of those should range between 16.5 to 19 years. So there is a strict age constraint.
--> Must be atleast 12th pass/appeared. No minimum percentage required..
--> Physical and Mental fitness is always a must for this exam as there is a Physical Test which is is to be gone through after clearing the written exam.
--> Also for your information, I must tell you that if you have studied Science stream in your HS, then you are eligible to apply for any of the 3 wings which are Army, Navy and Air Force, but if not and from Commerce or Arts stream, then you can only apply for Army..

As per your query, once you appear for the 12th boards, then its the best time to appear the first time for this exam in April. Since you have missed it, or have appeared for it, you can also appear in the August i.e NDA & NA (II).

The registrations for the same would start from 4th May 2013 and would end on 3rd June 2013. The Exam is scheduled on 11th August 2013. So by then you should be well prepared for this EXAM.

The Exam would consists of two 150 marks each papers. You have to attempt both and it would question you on Elementary Maths, Science subjects and also General Knowledge and English. Also you would be questioned on History of India, Geography and other such general studies. So be prepared accordingly.

If you wish to know more about it, Click Here

Hope this helps
All the best
Regards
RANJEET
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?