27th July 2011, 02:14 PM
BC biki

If I give my board exam this year can I appear for NDA entrance exam?

sir i am bhargav choudhury,and i will give my board exam this year....
now my question to you is can i appear for the nda entrance after my board exam....
its a humble request to you to please rply...

10th September 2011, 01:22 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: If I give my board exam this year can I appear for NDA entrance exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC biki View Post
now my question to you is can i appear for the nda entrance after my board exam....
NDA Stands for National Defense Academy and this examination was conducted by UPSC Twice in a year - NDA (I) and NDA (II).

>> For this year NDA (I) and (II) Examination was already completed.

>> To apply for NDA Examination candidates must have completed his 12Th examination form a recognised university, Final year 12Th candidates are also apply for NDA Examination.

So, If any candidates Pursuing the 12Th Board examination then they are eligible to apply for NDA Examination. Candidates may apply for any one of the wings - Army wings, Air -Force wings and Naval wings.

>> For Army wings any 12Th passed candidates are eligible, But your age should between 16.5 to 19 years, And for Naval wings and Air Force wings you need to complete your 12Th examination with Maths and Physics as a compulsory subjects.

So, 12Th appearing candidates are also eligible to apply for the NDA examination and If you want to get more Information about NDA Examination then please check the Official website, The dates of Next year NDA Examination was already updated in the official website, so please visit the UPSC website for complete Information -

http://upsc.gov.in
10th September 2011, 01:30 AM
nitz90
Senior Member+++++

Smile Re: If I give my board exam this year can I appear for NDA entrance exam?

Quote:
Yes,you can surely appear for the exam as 12th appearing students are also eligible for giving the NDA exams..the NDA exam is conducted twice a year..1st in april and the 2nd in august..

your age should be within 16.5 to 19 years of age..

you should have a perfect eyesight..and should be physically fit..

for army..you can be a 12th pass-out from any stream but for applying for the Air Force and Naval wings..you need to have PCM as your subjects in 12th..

all the best..

~Hope this helps.. ~

With Warm Regards
"Nitz"
10th September 2011, 07:16 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Default Re: If I give my board exam this year can I appear for NDA entrance exam?

Quote:
Dear Friend,

You have not specified whether you have given class 10th board examination or class 12th board examination.

NDA examination is conducted by the UPSC twice in a year.The examination is held for admission in Army,Naval and Air force wing of the NDA.

The eligibility criteria to appear for the NDA examination is that a candidate must has passed 12th examination with Physics,Chemistry and mathematics for the Naval and Airforce wing.For army wing the candidate can be from any stream.Class 12th appearing students can also apply.The age of the candidate must be between 16.5 years to 19 years. Only unmarried male candidate can apply for the examination.

The detail notification about the examination is published in the weekly journal Employment News.:You can check the official website of the UPSC.

Best Wishes....
10th September 2011, 09:31 AM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
NDA exam is conducted by UPSC every year..
The exam is held twice in every year to recruit students for defense service..
As per as I know that both the exams (NDA1 and NDA 2) are already held in this year..
So, you have to wait for the nest year NDA exam..

A candidate who is in 12th standard , can also appear in NDA exam..

Eligibility for NDA exam:-

For ARMY Wing:-

The candidate must have complete the 12th or its equivalent from a recognized state education board.

For Naval and Air Force:-

The candidate must have complete the 12th with physics and maths or its equivalent from a recognized state education board..

Age eligibility:-

The age should be in between 16.5-19 years..

These are the eligibility criteria for NDA exam..
For more information just log into their official website..

All the best.
10th September 2011, 10:59 AM
saugata2008

National Defense Academy exam is conducted by UPSC twice in a year (NDA-I,NDA-II).Through this exam you can join Naval academy, Air force , Military academy .

Eligibility criteria for NDA exam-
1. 12th from any recognized board.
2. Age limit = 16.5 to 19 years .
3. Candidate should complete 12th with PCM.
So if you can fulfill all the above criteria you are eligible for NDA .

For more details visit -
http://upsc.gov.in

Thank you
10th September 2011, 01:31 PM
Tulasinagababu

Nationality

A candidate must either be :

(i) a citizen of India, or

(ii) a subject of Bhutan, or

(iii) a subject of Nepal, or

(iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or

(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African Countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
10th September 2011, 03:34 PM
jxsab
Senior Member+++++

Cool Re: If I give my board exam this year can I appear for NDA entrance exam?

Quote:
Hey friend,

NDA stands for National Defence Academy

Details for NDA:

NDA is a Defence Service programme of India and it opens way for candidates to join in Indian Army,Navy,Air force.

To apply in any of these defence programme you need to write the NDA exam for which you need to satisfy certain eligibility criteria's.

For applying for this exam the candidate must be a citizen of India and must be a unmarried male candidate.

As regarding the age limit for the NDA exam,the candidate must have a age limit of 16 1/2-19 years.

As you have said that you are doing you are going to write the board exam which is +2 exam,yeah you can apply but only after you finish your exam and receive your marks.

As regarding the marks there is no specific limit but you must have scored a fair percentage in your +2 and if you want to join in Indian Navy or Air force wing you need to have completed +2 from a recognized board with physics and mathematics as subjects.

If you tend to satisfy all the above criteria's then you can apply for the NDA exam.

You can apply for this exam either online or offline.

For more information regarding the NDA Exam you can check at the official site of UPSC at http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th September 2011, 05:26 PM
BITAN GHOSH
Senior Member+

The eligibility criteria to appear for NDA exam is as follows:
1. You must have passed your class 12 exam from a recognized board/university
2. Your age should be within 16.5 years to 19 years.
Although if you are in your final year board exam then also you can apply.
All the best.
Thank you.
11th September 2011, 02:10 AM
gauri2011
Senior Member+

Quote:
NDA examination is conducted by UPSC for admission in the army,Naval wing and Air force wing of the NDA.The examination are held twice in a year.

To apply for the Naval wing and Air Force wing of NDA a candidate need to pass class 12th examination from recognized Institution with subject combination Physics,Chemistry and mathematics.Any stream student can apply for the Army.Class 12 appearing candidates can also apply for the examination.The age of the candidate must be between 16.5 years to 19 years.

As you are appearing in the class 12th examination you can apply for the NDA examination.

Best Wishes.....
11th November 2011, 11:34 AM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend
Yes,you can surely appear for the exam as 12th appearing students are also eligible for giving the NDA exams..the NDA exam is conducted twice a year..1st in april and the 2nd in august..

for army..you can be a 12th pass-out from any stream but for applying for the Air Force and Naval wings..you need to have PCM as your subjects in 12th.

all the best
11th November 2011, 11:42 AM
dimple.simple
Senior Member++

hello friend

for army..you can be a 12th pass-out from any stream but for applying for the Air Force and Naval wings..you need to have PCM as your subjects in 12th.

all the best
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?