20th September 2016, 08:46 PM
suprithagowda

Whether JEE Main is enough to study Aeronautical Engineering?

My aim is to join Aeronautical Engineering. I am also preparing for JEE Main. But I want to know that is JEE Main is enough to join Aeronautical Engineering. Please tell me about this. Thank you!

Related Questions:
  1. Whether JEE Main is enough to study Aeronautical Engineering?
  2. Should I have to appear in JEE Main to study B.E.(Aeronautical Engineering) being a Mechanical Engineering Diploma student?
  3. Can I study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) without appearing in JEE Advanced?
  4. Possibility to study B.Tech(Aeronautical Engineering) for a General candidate who has scored 154 marks in JEE Main and expecting 90% in 12th?
  5. Universities conducting Aeronautical Engineering course? How much marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much fee to be paid? Is there any guarantee of a job? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Which is a better university to study Aeronautical Engineering? Marks required in 10th and 12th to study Aeronautical Engineering? How much is the fee structure?
  7. Fee structure of aeronautical engineering in UP -- [New]
  8. Which is a better university for studying Aeronautical Engineering? Marks needed in 10th and 12th to study this course? Fee structure and is there any placement assurance?
  9. Can I complete Aeronautical Engineering by taking educational loan?
  10. What should I do first 12th or coaching for JEE Main preparation?
  11. What is the minimum marks required in class 12th to pursue Aeronautical Engineering? Which entrance exam I have to write?
  12. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  13. Cost of doing Aeronautical Engineering after 12th? Which is best Aeronautical Engineering college in Mumbai?
  14. How can I join computer's after completing 12th commerce?
  15. Which exam should I write to get admission in Aeronautical Engineering College?
  16. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Tech(Aerospace Engineering) for an OBC candidate?
  17. List of Government colleges which offer B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering in India? Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to get admission?
  18. By joining local engineering college and giving JEE 2016 can I apply for NITs?
21st September 2016, 09:31 AM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Whether JEE Main is enough to study Aeronautical Engineering?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprithagowda View Post
My aim is to join Aeronautical Engineering. I am also preparing for JEE Main. But I want to know that is JEE Main is enough to join Aeronautical Engineering. Please tell me about this. Thank you!
If you wish to join Aeronautical engineering, then can get your desired institute through JEE Main Exams. Because, now most of the institutes admit students on the basis of JEE Main scores. They reserve some seats for JEE Main students. It would be better if you could apply for other forms like COMEDK, MH-CET, etc. It will increase your opportunities for getting your desired branch in engineering colleges.
21st September 2016, 10:53 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprithagowda View Post
Yes, you can get admission in B.Tech/ B.E in Aeronautical Engineering trough JEE Main entrance exam.

Those candidates who have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks are eligible for JEE Main. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates. Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.

List of the college for Aeronautical Engineering course:-

1. Bhartiya Vidya Bhavans Sardar Patel College of Engineering, Andheri West, Munshi Nagar, Andheri West, Mumbai - 400058

2. Bombay Technical School Of Engineering, Girgaon, Angrewadi, V Patel Road, Girgaon, Mumbai - 400004

3. DADS College of Engineeing & Management, Dadar West, New Building, S.K. Bole Road, Dadar West, Mumbai - 400028

4. Datta Meghe College of Engineering, Airoli, Plot No. 98, Sector 3, Airoli, Mumbai - 400708
21st September 2016, 02:47 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can get admission for Aeronautical Engineering after clearing JEE Main.

After clearing Joint Entrance Examination (Main), one can get admission in NITs. It will mainly depend on one's Joint Entrance Examination (Main) performance that how good the NIT will he/ she get. Joint Entrance Examination (Advanced) is purely meant for admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) and even if one fails to clear it can get admission to one of the National Institute of Technology (NITs).

Student who wishes to get admission in IITs or NITs will have to clear JEE Main & JEE Advanced exams.

The candidate who clears JEE Main exam means that he/she is in the list of top 15,000 students and can sit in the JEE advanced exam.

A candidate needs to rank under 15,458 in JEE Advanced exams so as to get admission into any NITs or better colleges.
21st September 2016, 08:09 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

JEE Main is an All India level entrance examination conducted by CBSE for offering admissions in NITs, IIITs and other CFTIs.

If you are interested to pursue Aeronautical Engineering course in NIT/ IIIT/ CFTIs then, it is enough if you appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Main examination.

If your aim is to pursue Aeronautical Engineering in top Indian institutes like IIT then, you need to appear in JEE Advanced examination other than JEE Main examination.
21st September 2016, 09:03 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for admission in any aeronautical engineering college after cracking JEE mains with considerably good rank. There are many institute/universities, which offers admission in aeronautical engineering as per your JEE rank. Some good institutes/universities are PEC University of Technology, SASTRA university etc. The approximate total course fees in above institutes will be 4.7 to 5 lacks.
Some other entrance test for admission in aeronautical engineering are, the Indian Institute of Aeronautic Entrance Exam, All India Architecture Entrance Examination etc.
21st September 2016, 10:01 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Aeronautical Engineering is one of the engineering branch which deals with the field of Aeronautics. It is a four-year undergraduate engineering degree course. Candidates who have passed 12th standard with PCM stream or three years Diploma in Engineering course from a Government recognised board are eligible to study Aeronautical Engineering course.

To get admission in Aeronautical Engineering course, you have to appear in State or National or University level engineering entrance examinations like JEE Main, JEE Advanced, EAMCET, KCET, BITSAT, VIT EEE, etc.,. If you qualify the entrance examination, you will be called for counselling process according to your examination rank and you will be allotted a seat in the college which you are eligible to get admission for pursuing Aeronautical Engineering course.

As per the information you have provided in your query, you are preparing for JEE Main examination to study Aeronautical Engineering course, by appearing, qualifying and securing good rank in JEE Main examination, you can get admission in Aeronautical Engineering course in NIT. If you are interested to pursue Aeronautical Engineering in IIT, JEE Main examination is not enough and you need to appear, qualify and secure good rank in JEE Advanced examination.
21st September 2016, 11:51 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

There are some government colleges or private engineering which offers Aeronautical engineering through Joint Entrance Examination Main.

But if you want to pursue Bachelor's degree in Aeronautical Engineering from top engineering institutes in India called Indian Institute of Technology then you will have to clear JEE Advanced with good rank.

JEE exam eligibility is that candidates must have completed 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics. Minimum of 50% marks in 10+2 is required for JEE Main and 75% marks for JEE Advanced.
20th April 2018, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

If i take science and i have to take aeronautical engineering then is it necessary to do jee main and advanced or i can do diploma??
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?