3rd June 2018, 08:15 AM
IIT dream

Whether an NIOS Maths marksheet considerable to appear in JEE Main 3rd time for CBSE candidate?

Hello, If a student passed from CBSE Board in last year but failed to meet the eligibility criteria for NIT which is 75%. If he gives improvement exam of NIOS in one subject which is Maths on demand examination in this year. Will that score be considered in his third future attempt in next year when he applies for JEE Main?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in any good engineering college after completing 12th CBSE Compartmental exam? Does it create problem at the time of placement? Which is better for me between CBSE Compartmental exam and NIOS exam?
  2. Is it possible to appear in JEE Main if qualify Physics and Chemistry from CBSE and Maths from NIOS?
  3. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main being an NIOS candidate? Whether the subjects enlisted for JEE Main is as per NIOS Board?
  4. Can I apply for NIOS and CBSE simultaneously in 2016?
  5. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if appeared in Maths exam from NIOS Board being a 12th PCB candidate?
  6. Can I apply for JEE Main 3rd time with NIOS result?
  7. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced for 12th NIOS student?
  8. Can I apply in JEE Main & Advanced with NIOS Maths and CBSE PCB Certificates?
  9. Can I appear in JEE Main & Advanced through NIOS improvement exam having secured 76% in 12th CBSE?
  10. Can I get admission in 12th NIOS after completing 10th CBSE? Eligibility to appear in JEE Main & Advanced if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  11. Eligibility to appear in JEE Main and study B.Tech for 12th NIOS candidate?
  12. How to get my original marksheet for senior secondary 2015 exam from NIOS?
  13. Can I use my Improvement marksheet to appear in JEE Advanced?
  14. Am I eligible to appear in JEE Main if pursuing 12th NIOS?
  15. Value of NIOS education board certificate for IIT JEE examination?
  16. Will I be eligibile for JEE MAINS 2016? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Is it legal to reappear in 12th with NIOS to get admission in NIT for a CBSE candidate?
  18. Weightage of NIOS marks in JEE Main?
8th June 2018, 02:03 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether an NIOS Maths marksheet considerable to appear in JEE Main 3rd time for CBSE candidate?

JEE refers to Joint Entrance Examination and it is a national level engineering entrance examination held for offering admission in undergraduate technical degree courses such as B.Tech/B.Arch. across any CFTIs ( Centrally Funded Institutes of Technology ) like IIT, NIT, ISM, etc. and other private engineering colleges.

The same examination is held once every year by CBSE in two stages which includes JEE Main followed by JEE Advanced.

As far as you are concerned about the eligibility for appearing in JEE Main by appearing in Mathematics paper only with NIOS board to improve the marks in same paper then I would like to let you know that any student appearing in improvement examination is eligible for JEE Main only if he/she has appeared in all of his/her concerned papers once again during the improvement examinations and therefore by appearing in just Mathematics paper you are not eligible to appear in JEE Main on the basis of performance in Class 12th with NIOS board.

For more FAQs related to JEE Main eligibility, you can refer to the link www.jeemain.nic.in .
10th June 2018, 01:52 PM
stutiswet2

Default Re: Whether an NIOS Maths marksheet considerable to appear in JEE Main 3rd time for CBSE candidate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIT dream View Post
Hello, If a student passed from CBSE Board in last year but failed to meet the eligibility criteria for NIT which is 75%. If he gives improvement exam of NIOS in one subject which is Maths on demand examination in this year. Will that score be considered in his third future attempt in next year when he applies for JEE Main?
No, because CBSE and NIOS board are different. If you are appearing for Improvement Exam, then appear for all subjects. If you are appearing for only one subject, then it wouldn't be considered for JEE Main exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?