14th April 2017, 02:19 AM
Unregistered

Can I become an officer in Indian Army after 12th class?

Sir, I want to to become officer in Indian Army. I have completed my 12th class with physics, chemistry, maths, computer science and I am doing NCC and I am 19 years old. Can I become an officer.

14th April 2017, 10:02 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I become an officer in Indian Army after 12th class?

Yes, you can become an officer in Indian Army after successful completion of 12th Class. There are many ways through which you can become an Officer in Indian Army. Some of the best possible ways are,

>> National Defence Academy/ Naval Academy (NDA/ NA)

>> Combined Defence Services (CDS)

>> University Entry Scheme (UES)

As your qualification is 12th Class, you can apply for NDA Examination which again consists of several cadets. The minimum educational qualification required for appearing in NDA recruitment examination is "12th Class" with Mathematics subject in 10+2 pattern and as you have met the required eligibility criteria, I am sure you are eligible to apply for NDA and clear all the rounds in NDA process in order to become an officer in Indian Army.
14th April 2017, 12:02 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can become an officer in Indian Army after 12th class.

You can become army officer after 12th by appearing for the NDA / NA entrance exam and passing the written test and SSB.

Eligibility criteria to appear for this exam :-

The candidate should have passed 12th class from a recognised board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam.

Final year of 12th standard candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between 16.5 years to 19 years .

There is no age relaxation for SC / ST candidates.

Only 12th standard candidates are eligible for NDA exam.

Procedure for NDA exam:-

Written Test

Physical Test

Medical

Interview.
14th April 2017, 12:10 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

For recruitment as an officer in Indian Army candidates have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination.

The examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed or pursuing 12th from a recognised board.

Candidate's age must be between 16.5-19.5 years.

Only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. There is relaxation for NCC candidates for recruitment through NDA examination. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.

For final selection you have to qualify in both stages written and SSB.
14th April 2017, 12:13 PM
mrdangerous
Member+

> - You must qualify NDA (National Defence Academy ).It is the premier joint Service Academy in India.
- It consists of three Sections -Army
- Navy
-Air Force
- A candidate who wants to join the Indian army as an officer it through and DHT must be not between 16½ - 19½ years of age.
- To join NDA one must appear for NDA written exam and the SSB ( Service Selection Board) interview.
- The subjects consists of GK, mathematics, English, physics etc.

> - Other than NDA , 12th science (mathematics group) passed student may also join army as an officer through the TES entry scheme.
14th April 2017, 01:00 PM
Doctor Tom
Senior Member+++++

You have to join Indian Army to NDA before your graduation.
It is the premier joint Service Academy in India.

For a candidate to join the Indian army as an officer through and say, he must be between 16.5 to 19.5 years of age, while the course comments at NDA. To appear in this exam you must have completed your 12th standard with science stream.

A is no upper age relaxation given to reserved students.

Join NDA, one must appear for NDA written exam and SSB interview and clear both of them.

You may apply for the exam online the first part will be the entrance test.
14th April 2017, 01:06 PM
divyanshuktr
Junior Member+

Yes, after 12th you can join Indian army as an officer through NDA.
NDA is called national defense academy.

Age Requirements:

-> Your age should be between 16.5 to 19.5

To join you should appear in written exam and the Service Selection Board interview and clear both of them!

Thanks
Divyanshu
14th April 2017, 01:40 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can apply for National Defence Academy and Naval Entrance exam and clear its both stages written test and Service Selection Board to become officer in Army. The age limit for this exam is 16.5-19.5 years. As you are nineteen, you can apply for one NDA exam only.

NDA exam is conducted twice every year by UPSC. You should check your age eligibility when notification for NDA II in 2017 is released by UPSC. You can also apply for Technical Entry Scheme of Army for direct SSB.
14th April 2017, 06:30 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

For becoming an officer in Indian Army after your Class 12th you have the option through NDA ( National Defense Academy ) entrance examination and TES ( Technical Entry Scheme ).

But as you have mentioned that you are 19 years old at present so you are not eligible for either of two entries as for both these entries your age is required to lie in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years by the date of commencement of these courses which will 2nd January 2018 for next NDA course and TES course.

For more details about NDA and TES entries you can refer to the link www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
14th April 2017, 08:56 PM
MerajAmir
Senior Member+

Yes, you can become officer and for that you need to join NDA (National Defence Academy) by writing the NDA entrance exam and appearing in the SSB (Services selection Board) interview and have to pass both of them. The age of the candidate should be in between 16.5 years to 19.5 years and the candidate should be the citizen of India or subject to Nepal. The aspirants can apply online for NDA the first phase of the exam will be in written format you have to give your answers in the OMR sheet after passing the first phase you have to appear for second phase which will be online exam and the exam will conduct the questions from general knowledge, mathematics, English, physics, etc. Those candidates who successfully pass the exam need to appear for the SSB interview. After passing the interview the candidate need to appear for the medical test. Those candidates who clear the entire exam will be accepted by the NDA and their training for three years will be started after completion the successful candidate will be sent to IMA (Indian Military Academy) for one year to complete the course. If you successfully complete the course then you are eligible to join Indian army as Lieutenant after serving the nation for few years and gaining the knowledge then only you can become officer and will be promoted to higher rank.
14th April 2017, 09:42 PM
kalamrockz

Yes, you can become an officer in Indian Army, but not just after completion of your 12th standard. You should appear for NDA examination after completion of your 12th and get into Indian Army at a lower post.

However, with time and experience and work effort, you will be automatically promoted to officer post in Indian Army.
14th April 2017, 10:55 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

To become Officer in Indian Army, you have to appear and qualify in NDA entrance examination conducted by UPSC.

The examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates in defence services. The eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed 12th with or pursuing from a recognised board.

The age limit to appear for examination is between 16.5-19.5 years and only male candidates are eligible to appear for examination. The examination is conducted in two stages as Written and SSB. Candidates after qualifying in written have to qualify in SSB before final selection.

The detail information about examination is available at www.upsc.gov.in.
14th April 2017, 11:19 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for NDA exam on the basis of your class 12th qualification to become an officer in Indian Army. Selection will be on the basis of performance in the written exam and SSB interview conducted by UPSC.

Hence, make sure you are well prepared for it. If you miss out on this exam, then you can apply for CDS exam after graduation.
14th April 2017, 11:27 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Yes, definitely you can join Indian Army after the completion of class 12th Science as an officer, there is no problem in it. Candidates those who are interested to join must join through NDA.
Candidates those who have completed their class 12th from a recognised Board can apply for the NDA examination. Candidates age must be in between 16.5 to 19.5 years.
14th April 2017, 11:55 PM
khanexpert

Yes, you can become an Officer in the Indian Army after completion of your 12th class, for that you will have to sit for NDA examination and clear with good points. The better you score in your written and SSB, the greater chances of you being selected increases.
15th April 2017, 09:50 AM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 12th passed candidate and looking for becoming a commissioned officer in Indian Army then for that you will have to make your entry through NDA or TES.

NDA refers to National Defense Academy and for joining the same you need to qualify NDA entrance examination which is held by UPSC twice every year.

TES refers to Technical Entry Scheme and entry in the same is done on the applicant's performance in his board examination.

Further for these entries, your age need to lie within 16.5 years to 19.5 years by the starting date of the courses for which these examinations are held which will be 2nd January 2018.

So being 19 years old you are not eligible for entry through any of these two schemes as your age will exceed 19.5 years by 2nd January 2018.

But you can still become a commissioned officer in Indian Army by qualifying CDS entrance examination after completing your graduation degree course.

For more details about these entries you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th July 2017, 10:49 AM
rochithirkane
Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I want to to become officer in Indian Army. I have completed my 12th class with physics, chemistry, maths, computer science and I am doing NCC and I am 19 years old. Can I become an officer.
Yes...
After 12th,You can become Officer in the INDIAN ARMY by the following exams:-

1. NATIONAL DEFENCE ACADEMY(NDA) EXAM

2. TECHNICAL ENTRY SCHEME(TES) .

You will get benefit of NCC C CERTIFICATE.

After Graduation,you can also join through NCC SPECIAL ENTRY SCHEME.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?