13th August 2011, 09:06 PM
chandrakant zende

Will a 1 year drop in engineering affect my career?

sir, i get drop in 1st year engineering i m very depress due to this! my question is will the drop in first year affect my career? will i get job in any company?

Related Questions:
  1. Will I get a chance to attend campus interview if I had a year gap in final year?
  2. If I get a drop of 1 year in 2nd year in engineering then will it affect my career? Will I get a chance for campus placement?
  3. Should I take a drop after 12th if I didn't perform well in engineering entrance exams this year?
  4. Years drop will affect the recruitment in PSU through GATE 2017?
  5. Should I take coaching in 12th for IIT JEE or should I drop a year after 12th? Would it affect my percentage if I take coaching?
  6. Whether I should drop an year for giving JEE Main and advanced?
  7. Will a drop year affect my placements in future?
  8. Will it be a problem for me to get a job in private companies coming for placement if I have 1 year drop after 1st year of college?
  9. Can a gap between Graduation affect my career?
  10. Can I drop the 3rd year of Diploma engineering to choose Teaching career? Can I get admission in B.Sc or B.Ed through correspondence? -- [New]
  11. Should I drop a year for engineering preparation of join some BSc college?
  12. Under which category can a Ayurveda Doctor apply in Group I exam? Am I eligible for the exam?
  13. Should I take a drop year after 12th or not? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. Will a gap of 3 years affect my career?
  15. Will I get admission in B.Tech in a college after scoring 132556 in AIEEE?
  16. Will I be eligible for admission in BSc IT and engineering degree after completing 11th in science and 12th through private? Will private 12th marksheet affect my job prospects?
  17. How can I prepare for engineering service exam? I have scored 50% marks
  18. Chances of getting placements after 1 year drop?
1st September 2011, 08:03 PM
melwynjensen
Senior Member+++++

Thumbs up Re: Will a 1 year drop in engineering affect my career?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrakant zende View Post
sir, i get drop in 1st year engineering i m very depress due to this! my question is will the drop in first year affect my career? will i get job in any company?

1 YEAR DROP ENGINEERING AFFECTS THE CAREER??

No, you don't have to worry about anything there is no problem if you 1 year drop in engineering...

-> The companies coming for placements will have the eligibility criteria as minimum of 2 years of study gap..

-> But you have to note one important point, when you go for the interview you might get a question asking for the reason for 1 year gap and you must be ready to answer it...

-> If you give negative answers for that then you will loose points so better prepare a positive answer for that and attend the campus placements....

All the Best..
2nd September 2011, 12:17 AM
saugata2008

Default Re: Will a 1 year drop in engineering affect my career?

No, dear not at all . There is nothing to worry because maximum MNCs allowes 1 year gap .
I can give you examples like-TCS,CTS,Wipro,IBM,Infosys allows 1tear gap.

I will suggest you to talk to the placement officer of your college and I am sure he will say you the same thing .

So don't get depressed ,it can effect your result and that will be the worst for you .
So don't worry for the gap and concentrate on your study .

Thank you
4th September 2011, 07:46 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandrakant zende View Post
Dear friend,

Maximum no of company allow 1 years drop candidate.

So don't worry about this. If you have 60% above marks in academic then you are eligible for maximum no of software companies.

thanks
27th September 2011, 01:33 PM
Unregistered

i get drop in 1st yr..n what should do now .?should i do some course if yes then what type of course should i prefer..as im doing EXTC..so please suggest me what should i do
27th September 2011, 08:15 PM
dil-jale

no dear, you don't worry. The companies coming for placements will have the eligibility criteria as minimum of 2 years of study gap..
But you have to note one important point, when you go for the interview you might get a question asking for the reason for 1 year gap and you must be ready to answer it...

thanks
3rd March 2012, 12:13 AM
Unregistered

i got drop in 1st year engineer and m feeling jobless
16th May 2012, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

i got 3 drops, now i m in 3rd year doing computer engineering,so what should i do? should i continue my engineering but 3 year drop will effect my job carrier so plz tell me what to do?
14th June 2012, 11:48 PM
Unregistered

my friend got one year back in mechanical engineering, will it effect his career?
7th July 2012, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

I got drop in engg in 1st year. I really got depressed and couldn't think anything of my future.now my question is can I get resolve 1 year gap, by studying additional 2 sems in the same year? .......Please help me.
16th July 2012, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

can a DROP in engineering prevent me persuing GATE or other Competitive exams.
20th July 2012, 03:24 PM
Unregistered

i got drop in 1st year of engineering ......... what should i do? i m studying in mumbai university
21st July 2012, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

wht type of que will be asked in interview if i will take a drp in a 1 yr ??????
22nd July 2012, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

i m from pune uni... i got 4 k.t's.. should i give for revaluation or should take a drop or shift to mumbai uni ?? reply..
22nd July 2012, 10:56 PM
Unregistered

i get drop in 1st yr..n what should do now .?should i do some course if yes then what type of course should i prefer..as im doing EXTC..so please suggest me what should i do
23rd July 2012, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

i got a drop in first year only clear two subject due to some problem
should i give the examination of 10 subjects
should i give total subjects
agar me pure subjects deta hun to isse mera kuch fayeda hai ya nahi or kya me ase exam de sakta hun 6 subject in dec and 6 subject in may
kya mujhe kuch barna padega total subject dene ke liye
23rd July 2012, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

i have got drop in 1st year in engg only two subject is clear phy an chem
kya me sirf 10 suject ka hi exam dun ya phir pure ka aagar me pure suject ka exam deta hun to kya is se me mera faida hai
or mujhe pure subject dene ke liye koi forum barna padega ya nahi agar bharna padega to konsa plzz help
23rd July 2012, 07:54 PM
shravan kumar mallick

Smile Re: Will a 1 year drop in engineering affect my career?

no problem if you 1 year drop in engineering.
The companies coming for placements will have the eligibility criteria as minimum of 1 years study gap like wipro,infoysis,ibm.
when you go for the interview you might get a question asking for the reason for 1 year gap.
you will be prepare for this question and you give positive answer.
24th July 2012, 02:26 PM
savan kumar chaitanya

No, you don't have to worry about anything there is no problem if you 1 year drop in engineering...

-> The companies coming for placements will have the eligibility criteria as minimum of 2 years of study gap..

-> But you have to note one important point, when you go for the interview you might get a question asking for the reason for 1 year gap and you must be ready to answer it...

-> If you give negative answers for that then you will loose points so better prepare a positive answer for that and attend the campus placements....
26th July 2012, 03:09 PM
Unregistered

i have got a drop in first year computer engineering, i've cleared only four subjects, what are my chances of getting good placement, i'm from mumbai univerisity.
30th July 2012, 01:43 PM
Unregistered

i got a drop in first year engineering due to Engineering drawing i cant clear it during golden attempt...now i have four subjects remaining in 3rd semester and the results are not yet displayed in the college...Should i continue it or should i drop my career in engineering?
7th August 2012, 12:06 AM
Unregistered

sir, i got drop during second year Electronics and telecommunication engg. so what short term courses shoud i do during my dropout year.
7th August 2012, 11:47 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i m from pune uni... i got 4 k.t's.. should i give for revaluation or should take a drop or shift to mumbai uni ?? reply..
dude seriously shift from pune univ..i have stopped my engg there due to 2 drops
8th August 2012, 12:59 AM
raja_1982
Junior Member+

All the Best..
8th August 2012, 11:53 PM
guri kaur
Senior Member+

hi....!!!

-->my dear friend first thing is that you should not drop a year without a solid reason because it affects sometimes.

-->but still if there is a reason to drop a year then you can drop without any stress .

-->the companies coming for placement will have the eligibility criteria as minimum of 2 years of study gap.

-->but keep one thing in mind that when companies at the time of interview asks a reason from you then you should have solid reason.

-->if you give negative or unneccessary answers then you can loose points for that reason.

all the best...go ahead and work hard!!!
9th August 2012, 03:23 AM
Onkar Kaur
Senior Member+

My dear Friend,

There's no need to think so much about your education gap. 1 year gap doesn't effects your professional life.

Even All the companies have such criteria that a candidate having 2 year gap in his/her education can apply for any job. But all companies have their own limitation like some don't offer more than 2 years and some 3 years.

But, yes one thing you always kept in your mind that if you have dropped a year then you must have a solid reason for this while you go for an interview in any company. Rest is Ok. Don't worry.

Wish you all the very best.
9th August 2012, 02:11 PM
raja_1982
Junior Member+

No, dear not at all . There is nothing to worry because maximum MNCs allowes 1 year gap .
I can give you examples like-TCS,CTS,Wipro,IBM,Infosys allows 1tear gap.

I will suggest you to talk to the placement officer of your college and I am sure he will say you the same thing .

So don't get depressed ,it can effect your result and that will be the worst for you .
So don't worry for the gap and concentrate on your study .

Thank you
9th August 2012, 02:15 PM
manjira...

Thumbs up Re: Will a 1 year drop in engineering affect my career?

no as per my knowledge there will be no effect on your career if you give 1 year drop.
the companies which will be coming to your college for placements will give a 1-2 year gap for the students.
but the recruiters will asking the reasons for the year drop so be prepared to answer the questions and question related to this.
make sure that your answers are positive and be confident enough so that they could not deduct points.
another thing is that the results of the forth coming examination must good enough that would keep you in a safe side during recruitment.
you can also talk about this to the placement officer of your college he can help you in this in much better way.
BEST OF LUCK!! WORK HARD!!
4th September 2012, 08:22 PM
Unregistered

a year back is not gap. it wil be clearly visible dat i strtd engg in 2008 and finished in 2013....so will i b eligible for walkins of reputeed cmpnies??
31st December 2012, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

i m a e n tc (nmu) student m havin a drop in 2 nd yr. plz suggest me some courses..
31st December 2012, 07:32 PM
umang_28
Senior Member+

Dear friend ,
Don't worry ,

As per my knowledge , there is no problem if you 1 year drop in engineering

*The companies coming for placements will have the eligibility criteria as maximum of 2 years of study gap

*When you go for the interview you might get a question asking for the reason for 1 year gap and you must be ready to answer it , do not give negative answer at that time .

umang_28

31st December 2012, 07:39 PM
denwer1

Now a days most of the students use to drop one year for their engineernig preparations. So it will not effect you career in any way. One year drop is relaxed in almost all the reputed companies.
17th January 2013, 09:09 PM
Unregistered

i hv 6 kt in 1st yr so unfortunatlly i got drop...i will be elegible for colege placement?????
18th January 2013, 12:55 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
a one year gap wont much effect your job and career, as the companies which come for the recruitments generally allow a gap of two years. But don’t waste that one year time, because in the company interview, the interviewer would definitely ask you this question that what you did in this one year in which you did a drop?
You should be ready with the answer of this question by doing something productive that will catch the eye of the interviewer and you can get a well qualified job.
Gud luck
18th January 2013, 01:05 AM
end of query
Senior Member+

hi
a one year gap wont much effect your job and career, as the companies which come for the recruitments generally allow a gap of two years. But don’t waste that one year time, because in the company interview, the interviewer would definitely ask you this question that what you did in this one year in which you did a drop?
You should be ready with the answer of this question by doing something productive that will catch the eye of the interviewer and you can get a well qualified job.
Gud luck
9th March 2013, 11:33 PM
Unregistered

Will 3 years drop in engineering will effect my career? Will i get a job after doing ccna ccnp?
23rd May 2013, 05:59 PM
Unregistered

I'm studying in the 2nd year of mechanical engineering. I have year drop i.e I was fail in 2 nd year. then also can I join Army,Navy or Air Force???? Can I apply for UES??
Please give me answer I'm so confused about this question .
2nd June 2013, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

i want to do M.S, after my BE, if i get a drop in 2nd year, are there chances that i won't get admission in good college for MS?
5th June 2013, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

i m doing production engineering. i m in 3rd year.. my performance in the exam was very bad for the exam..result has not came out yet but i really think that i will have a year drop...i don't want to waste the one year and i want to do some useful courses those will really help me to get the job after be and will give a safe side to my career...please tell me which courses i can do in one year if i'll have the drop....
19th June 2013, 08:34 PM
Unregistered

Im a ece student in vtu.. also i m a diploma holder And i ve 1 yr year back..
what Should i do??
Any course.. or job..
plz plz suggest me.
23rd July 2013, 02:46 PM
Unregistered

i have 6 kt in 1st yr so unfortunately i got drop...i will be eligible for college placement?

should i join any course if yes then what type of course should i prefer ?
& how can i make my resume stronger for my job interview???
23rd August 2013, 07:42 PM
Unregistered

Hi i m third year extc student from mumbai university..i.hav 5 kts in SE out of 10...m i eligible for third year...plzzzz roly
28th August 2013, 02:10 AM
Unregistered

i have a year gap in my engineering in the 2nd semester ,having cleared my first semester ,i was not able to clear my second semester due to family related problems and had to take a year gap,will this affect my placement chances into a good company like goldman sachs ,jp morgan and mu sigma ???,i'm really confused and almost hopeless of my future ,could you please help me sir
15th September 2013, 01:17 PM
Unregistered

Sir I had dropped a year after 12th and am pursuing B.A. LLB from amity law school, IP as i had no option left this year. But i want to go for eco hons or bms,is it okay to take this two year drop. Will it cause problems in me getting a good MBA college thereafter? Please help.
5th November 2013, 11:46 AM
vijay vhanure

Wink Re: Will a 1 year drop in engineering affect my career?

Its not study gap but its drop year or fail year or year down how u say that its gap. mncs allows candidates of taking gap betn 12th and before joining BE.so u dont give wrong advice ok.fail year affects on career.If anybody has sugestions so reply me soon
18th December 2013, 12:50 AM
Unregistered

if i get kts so does it will effect on my placement or else i cannot appear for big companies ka placemet ,so plss let me know
27th January 2014, 12:21 AM
Unregistered

If I have 1 year drop in engineering due to critical back subjects, even if i clear that and succeed with getting engineering degree, can I have hopes for doing MS in Europe ? will it have any problems due to year back ...?
19th February 2014, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

Will one year back will prevent me from appearing in Gate and
Other exam
22nd April 2014, 06:42 PM
Unregistered

I am a currently pursuing computer engineering. ...
I have got kt in maths 3 and it didn't even got cleared in reevaluation. ....y is dis happened???will it affect during placement?
How can I get rid of my sem3 kt? Are there any possible options???
Do rply soon....
21st May 2014, 02:43 AM
Unregistered

my first year is back in engg now what to do what are the rules and i dont know just i know that my one year got wasted,i want to know that if i will get to reappear in first year or i will have to sit at home and do nothing
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?