19th February 2015, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

Will I get a chance to attend campus interview if I had a year gap in final year?

If I get a drop of 1 year in 2nd year in engineering then will it affect my career? Will I get a chance for campus placement?

Also i want to crack gate exam then this gap affect my future study or my career?

I am in tension because of this drop plz help me.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to attend CAPGEMINI on-campus interview with mentioned percentage if having gap of 3 years between B.Tech and M.Tech?
  2. How to attend campus and off-campus interview or walkin?
  3. Eligibility to attend Capgemini on-campus drive for a candidate who has a gap in B.Tech?
  4. Procedure to attend campus interview?
  5. Am I eligible to attend for Campus Interview being a candidate of pursuing final year B.Tech with one backlog in 3rd and 4th semesters?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria to attend the campus interview in WIPRO while in final year Electronics and Communication Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. Can I attend Mahindra-Satyam On-Campus drive if having 2 years of gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  8. Can I attend interview in MNC by any year gap after any course?
  9. If I have 61% with four standing arrears, can I still get a job at MNCs?
  10. Basic requirements to attend any campus interview?
  11. Am I eligible to attend the Campus Drive of Accenture if I was once detained in 2nd year B.Tech?
  12. Am I eligible for CTS campus interview if having a year gap between 12th and B.Tech?
  13. How can I apply to companies(off-campus)? I've tried on websites like naukari and monster, but didn't get any interview call yet
  14. Eligibility to attend Tech Mahindra off-campus interview for a candidate who has 2 years of gap after B.Tech?
  15. Details regarding off campus interview of TCS/WIPRO? I am doing final year B.E ECE
  16. What does Academic Gap means? Am I eligible to get job in Accenture with academic gap in B.Tech?
  17. Am I eligible to attend the campus recruitment of Infosys in the final year of MCA degree?
  18. Where Infosys conducts off-campus interview in Vellore for B.Tech(CSE) student?
26th February 2015, 08:38 AM
Support
Forum Staff

Default Re: Will I get a chance to attend campus interview if I had a year gap in final year?

No, you don't have to worry on having 1 year gap between your studies. It's usually a long gap like 3-5 years will harm your future studies or career but just 1 year gap will not affect.

If you are planning to apply for jobs then make sure that you get ready with the question "Why you had a 1 year gap between studies? What was the reason?". Just make sure that you give the honest reply with proper explanation. So, anyone who understand if it's a proper reason will of-course not ask much after then and for GATE exam you can still apply as there is no restriction for a year gap in studies. Just move forward working harder in the coming years and do well in which ever you are going to take up be it a job or further studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?