20th January 2012, 10:01 PM
yogesh shingh

Will I be able to get a good job in IT industry after scoring 60% in 12th? Should I apply for GATE exam?

sir
i have less than 60 % in class 12 ie 57%, i have 63% in cs engineering.would i be able to get a good job in it industry ?
should i apply for gate examination..

21st January 2012, 01:50 AM
Ronie0309

Default Re: Will I be able to get a good job in IT industry after scoring 60% in 12th? Should I apply for GATE exam?

You should apply for the GATE exam and you should also try and give other entrance exams of engineering as getting low marks in 12th standard cannot stop you from being an engineer whereas there are some entrance exams which require good results in the boards for ex. AIEEE etc. so that would reduce the number of exams you can give but not your will to become an engineer.
21st January 2012, 03:48 PM
Mechanical Rai

Default Re: Will I be able to get a good job in IT industry after scoring 60% in 12th? Should I apply for GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh shingh View Post
sir
i have less than 60 % in class 12 ie 57%, i have 63% in cs engineering.would i be able to get a good job in it industry ?
yes you can get a job . generally HR of different companies look on your engineering marks and performance, they look for some special skills in you.
don,t worry about your 12th percentage. they rarely look om your 12th percentage.
yes if you want to get some higher knowledge and qualification then you can apply for gate. but it is better to go for MBA as it will help you a lot.
21st January 2012, 04:04 PM
surekha_katreddy

Thumbs up Re: Will I be able to get a good job in IT industry after scoring 60% in 12th? Should I apply for GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogesh shingh View Post
sir
Hi friend,
The eligibility criteria for placement in top Multi national companies is:
>>a minimum of 65% at all levels of your education i.e in 10 ,10+2,graduation.
>>No backlogs are allowed
>>A maximum of 1 or 2 years gap in your education is accepted.
So may not be eligible to top mnc's like TCS,WIPRO,INFOSYS,.......

Anyways do not worry.There are a number of small companies which do not impose such high percentage requirement.So better join a company of such sort. After having enough practical experience you may shift to a company of your choice based upon your experience.
If you are interested in higher studies also you can opt for it.Attempt GATE as the GATE score will be helpful to you in future.Whether you join or not but try to attempt GATE.
21st January 2012, 04:15 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
your higher secondary marks do not matter while you are applying for jobs with your bachelor degree. You can apply for jobs with it and you need to equip yourself for the need of the company.
Having a valid gate score provides you with two advantage. One is that you can apply for the masters degree in engineering and other is you can apply for public sector units. Not only that private companies also give preference for gate qualified aspirants. Moreover there is no need for separate preparation you will be asked from the basics of your bachelor degree course.
But doing masters course will give you better skill and you can demand job and good salary from the company. If you are in need of job then you can apply with this percentage. The vacancies for the jobs are published in newspaper and also in the companies website so visit them often. You need to prepare well for the test. The usual procedure involved are written exam followed by group discussion and personnel interview.
5th April 2013, 01:41 PM
Unregistered

Sir my name gaurav sharma nd i got 70% in 12th nd 74 in 10th nd 67 in b-tech in computer science.how can i find good job in .net field
27th June 2017, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Will I be able to get a good job in IT industry after scoring 60% in 12th? Should I apply for GATE exam?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?