sreekanthsimple

Am I eligible for Railway Job after studying engineering in mechanical

Sir
i have eye sight problem
am studying engineering in mechanical
may iam eligible for railway jobs...?
Please say sir

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to get a job in railway after passing diploma in mechanical engineering? I am 18 years old
  2. Will I be eligible for any railway job after doing B.Tech in Mechanical branch
  3. What is the syllabus for Railway Job? Books to be referred for the examination? I am studying electrical engineering
  4. What should I do to get Job in Indian Railway being a candidate of Mechanical Engineering? Which Exams I have to appear for this? Where can I get good Information regarding this? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Which type job requried for me?
  6. What is the procedure to get a job in Indian Railway? I am studying in B.E mechanical 8th semester
  7. How to get placed in a job after studying B.E Mechanical Engineering
  8. How to get a job after studying B.E mechanical engineering?
  9. What are the career options after Mechanical engineering? I am studying in 4th year Mechanical
  10. How can I get mechanical engineering job while studying B.Tech
  11. How to find a job with Aerospace Engineering? I am studying in Jaipur Rajasthan in 11th
  12. Can I get a job after studying mechanical engineering 3rd year
  13. How to get a job in northern railway? I am pursuing B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  14. How to do summer training? I am studying in B.Tech 2nd year mechanical engineering
  15. For which types of post can I apply after qualifying IES exam in Indian Railways?
  16. How to get Job in Railway after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  17. How to get a good job in northern railway after pursuing B.Tech in mechanical engineering
  18. Job opportunities in government sector after passing B.E mechanical engineering?
14th April 2016, 11:21 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Railway Job after studying engineering in mechanical

Yes being a mechanical engineering course pursuer you are eligible for the post of both Junior and Senior engineer in the Indian Railways.

For the same you need to clear Railway Recruitment Board ( RRB ) examination held by different RRBs following a particular pattern.

--> For appearing in the same examination, you must satisfy the criteria given below :-

--> For the post of Junior Engineer :-

* You must have the citizenship of India with your age lying within 18 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates.

* You must have at least completed your diploma in engineering degree course from a recognized institute. Final year students are also eligible.

--> For the post of Senior Engineer :-

* You must have the nationality of India with your age lying within 20 years to 34 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your bachelor of engineering degree course from a recognized institute. Final year students are also eligible.

--> The examination is held once every year and includes three stages which are respectively known as Written test, Mains & Medical Test and Personal Interview.

For more details about the same examination you can refer to the link www.rrbgov.nic.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?