9th February 2017, 10:05 AM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible to apply for IPS exam if I complete my Graduation from a Government College?

Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation from a Government College and after completing it I want to apply for IPS exam so I need to know will I be eligible to apply for IPS exam if I complete my Graduation from a Government College? Please answer as soon as possible.

11th February 2017, 02:27 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to apply for IPS exam if I complete my Graduation from a Government College?

IPS stands for Indian Police Service and it is one of the higher administrative post for joining which ( i.e; to be an IPS officer ) you will need to qualify Civil Services examination.

Civil Services examination is held once every year by UPSC for recruitment of administrative officer like IPS, IAS, IFS, etc. .

--> The minimum eligibility criteria required for the same are as below :-

* You must be an Indian citizen.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Further relaxation in maximum age is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree course in any subject from a recognized university.

* You must satisfy the physical requirement norms for some services like IPS as notified in the notification released for the same examination.

So having completed your graduation from government college you are certainly eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination on the educational requirement prospective as government college are affiliated to recognized university approved by UGC.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
12th February 2017, 12:43 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to apply for IPS exam if I complete my Graduation from a Government College?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Respected Sir, I am pursuing my Graduation from a Government College and after completing it I want to apply for IPS exam so I need to know will I be eligible to apply for IPS exam if I complete my Graduation from a Government College? Please answer as soon as possible.
Yes, you are eligible for IPS exam.

Those who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University are eligible for IPS exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general candidates.

Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

Number of Attempts:-

For open category:- 7 attempts
For OBC category:- 9 attempts
For SC/ST category:- No limit
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?