10th January 2017, 01:39 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for IAS and IPS exam with 59.96 percentage marks in B.E graduation?

Sir/Mam, I am completed my graduation in B.E. (mechanical) with 59.96 percentage. Am I eligible for the IAS & IPS exam...? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the details on the same as soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.

Please reply me sir.

11th January 2017, 11:51 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS and IPS exam with 59.96 percentage marks in B.E graduation?

Yes you are eligible to apply for the Civil Service Exam.This exam conducted every year for the post of IAS and IPS.Apart from these two posts there are different posts also.To apply for this you only need to be a graduate from a valid university and percentage not required.You must not be having any backlog before applying.
11th January 2017, 12:58 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for IAS and IPS exam with 59.96 percentage marks in B.E graduation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, I am completed my graduation in B.E. (mechanical) with 59.96 percentage. Am I eligible for the IAS & IPS exam...? It will be really helpful if you can provide me the details on the same as soon as possible. Awaiting for the response.

Please reply me sir.

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS and IPS examinations (Civil Service Examinations) with 59.96 percentage marks in B.E graduation. The candidates with graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university shall be eligible for the Civil Service Examinations conducted by the UPSC. The candidate’s maximum age limit should be 32 years for general category, 35 years for OBC and 37 years for SC/ST. The civil service examinations are conducted once every year. There are Preliminary Examinations, Main Examinations and Interview. The UPSC website link is Click Here
11th January 2017, 01:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for IAS and IPS examination after completion of your B.E graduation course with 59% aggregate marks from a recognised university. Candidates who have passed Bachelor's degree course in any discipline from a recognised university are eligible to apply for IAS and IPS examination. No specific percentage criteria is not required to apply for IAS and IPS examination.
11th January 2017, 02:43 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are absolutely eligible to apply for IAS/IPS examination with 59.96% marks in B.E. Candidates who have completed their graduation in any discipline from a recognized college/university are eligible to apply. There is no such requirement of percentage, but you have to secure the pass marks at least. You should be an Indian citizen and your age should be in between 21 to 32 years. For OBC candidates the age is relaxed by 3 years and for SC/ST candidates it is 5 years. You should be mentally/physically fit in nature.

So, if you fulfill the above eligibility criteria then you can definitely apply for civil services examination conducted by UPSC for the post of IAS/IPS officer.
11th January 2017, 10:29 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for IAS and IPS exam with 59.96 percentage marks in B.E graduation.

Because there is no percentage criteria required for IAS and IPS exam. You must have graduation Degree in any stream, form any well recognized university and Final year students are also eligible to apply for it.
11th January 2017, 10:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are certainly eligible to apply for both IAS and IPS Examination's with 59.96% marks in B.E Graduation. There is a certain minimum criteria that is required in order to be eligible for these recruitment's.

>> The basic educational qualification required to be eligible for this IAS and IPS recruitment's is "Bachelor Degree" or Graduation in any discipline from a recognized university.

>> There is NO certain minimum percentage criteria required in order to be eligible. Only pass in Graduation is required in order to be eligible.
11th January 2017, 11:12 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The first thing I would like to make you know that the official name of IAS and IPS examination is Civil Services examination and the same is held by UPSC once every year.

--> Also to be eligible for the same examination the minimum eligibility requirement are as here under :-

* You must be an Indian candidate.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years in case you belong to general category. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

So having completed your B.E. i.e; graduation degree with 59.96% you are eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination as for the same there is no percentage barrier or particular stream requirement.

For more details about the same examination you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
11th January 2017, 11:35 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for Civil Service examination. The examination is conducted by UPSC.

The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline.

Candidate must have passed with minimum passing aggregate.

So, you can appear for the examination. The examination will be conducted in June in 2017. There are three stages of examination and candidates have to qualify in all stages for final selection as an I.A.S or I.P.S officer.

For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th January 2017, 11:57 PM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service.

IPS stands for Indian Police Service.

As per my knowledge, you are eligible to apply for IAS and IPS exam with 59.96 percentage marks in B.E graduation.
11th January 2017, 11:59 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:

Please reply me sir.
Yes, of course, you are eligible to for IAS and IPS entrance exam after completing B.E course. Any specialization students are eligible to apply for the examination. You need to appear and qualify in the Civil Service Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission every twice in a year. The candidate age should be 21 years to 32 years.
12th January 2017, 12:05 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you will be eligible to appear for Civil Service examination conducted by UPSC.

As per eligibility criteria candidate passed bachelor degree in any discipline with minimum passing aggregate can appear for examination. The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

The examination is conducted in three stages candidates after qualifying in each stage are eligible for other stage of examination.

To get details for examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th January 2017, 07:47 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:

Please reply me sir.
After completion of B.E degree, you are eligible for IAS, IPS exam through Civil Service Examination.

Those candidates who have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized university are eligible for Civil Service exam. This exam doesn't require any percentage marks in graduation degree.

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
13th January 2017, 04:43 PM
radha 2
Senior Member+

Yes you are eligible to apply for IAS and IPS exam with 59.96 percentage marks in B.E graduation
IAS stands for Indian Administrative Service and IPS stands for Indian Police Service which is conducted by UPSC.

Educational qualification for IAS and IPS

Candidates must have completed your graduation degree in any discipline from a recognized university

Age Criteria:

For General: 21 to 32 years
For OBC: 21 to 35 years
For SC/ST: 21 to 37 years

No. of Attempts:

For General: 5
For OBC: 9
For SC/ST: No Restriction
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?