23rd May 2013, 10:05 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible to get a job in UPSC?

if i do btech from a UGC approved university, will i be eligible fo getting jobs in UPSC and in any other govt sector like in railways etc.

2nd August 2014, 04:33 PM
ChakrabortyP
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to get a job in UPSC?

On completion of B.tech, you are eligible for UPSC exams. For IAS, candidate should have a graduate degree from recognised university. In case IAS, UPSC conducts the examinations comprises of three sections Preliminary Examination which covers objective type questions, Mains which is subjective type questions and personal interview questions. You need to be a graduate in regular stream for being eligible for appearing in the Indian Administrative Service exams conducted by UPSC. You are eligible to fill the form provided the university is recognized. On selection, you will gone for training which includes rigorous physical training. In Junior Scale, a new recruit joins at this pay scale and has a basic pay of INR 15,600-39,100. Also you will have Grade Pay of INR 5400. After serving two years as a probationary officer, a new IAS recruit gets posted as a sub collector or a SDO.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?