27th June 2011, 06:29 PM
Unregistered

Will I be eligible for IPS exam after completion of my degree through distance learning mode?

Hello Sir, this is Sushanth ,I had completed my Intermediate and now I m planning to do my Degree in Distance in Distance Mode .So in this way whether I would be Elligible for I.P.S Exam

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to do Ph.D after completion of MCA in distance mode?
  2. Can a candidate be eligible to give CAT Exam after completion of Degree in Distance Learning?
  3. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of MCA from distance learning course?
  4. Am I eligible to do B.Ed from any government university after completing my BBA from ICFAI university, Tripura though distance learning?
  5. Am I eligible to give IPS Exam being a candidate pursuing 3rd year of B.Tech in Distance Learning from KSOU?
  6. What are the chances of doing Journalism after Graduation in B.Sc. Science through distance mode?
  7. How to take admission for correspondence course of MBA
  8. Am I eligible to do Ph.D course after completion of M.Sc in Microbiology from distance mode?
  9. A master degree holder (through distance learning program ) is eligible for GATE?
  10. B.ed can be done after B.O.T (Bachelor of Occupational Therapy)? Should I go for correspondence B.Ed?
  11. Is it possible to completed B.Sc or B.Tech and BCA in the same time?
  12. Am I eligible for MBA after doing degree in distance mode? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Can I do M.Com private after passing B.Com?
  14. Can I go further in distance learning mode after completing diploma in mechanical? List of the distance learning colleges by AICTE in Gujarat
  15. Can a Diploma in ECE(Regular) and B.Sc(IT) in distance mode sit in IPS exam? Eligibility criteria to sit in IPS exam? -- [New]
  16. Possibilities of doing Master degree in Agriculture after Diploma in same through distance mode?
  17. How to pursue B.Com degree through distance learning mode?
  18. Where can i do M.Sc. in Fashion Technology through distance learning mode?
18th February 2012, 05:19 PM
imira
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for IPS exam after completion of my degree through distance learning mode?

Yes you can definitely apply for the IPS exam after completing graduation through distance mode. The minimum eligibility for the IPS exam is a graduation in any discipline. But the most important criteria is that the you should choose an institute which is recognized and reputed one for pursuing your graduation. The candidates should be between 21 – 30 years of age to apply for the exam. The candidates can apply online for the IPS exam. The candidates should also follow certain conditions in terms of the physical standards.
18th February 2012, 10:35 PM
martha.anjaneyulu
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Will I be eligible for IPS exam after completion of my degree through distance learning mode?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir, this is Sushanth ,I had completed my Intermediate and now I m planning to do my Degree in Distance in Distance Mode .So in this way whether I would be Elligible for I.P.S Exam
HI!
I am happy to inform you that you are eligible for I.P.S exam after passing the graduation through distance education.

I.A.S exam is conducted by U.P.S.C once in a year.

Age should be in between 21-30 year. For ST/SC candidate age should be in between 21-33 year.

You can apply online or offline.
The Form cost is just 20 Rs.
For more detail log on to www.upsc.gov.in

GOOD LUCK!
19th February 2012, 11:43 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer you have to appeared for the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for Civil services examination

There is no Minimum percentage is Required to appeared for this examination and any graduate candidates are eligible, because it is not mentioned in the notification that only Regular candidates are eligible. So if you have completed your degree in Distance mode from a recognised university then you are eligible for this examination.

To apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

~~ You have to cracked the Preliminary examination first, Only then you are eligible for Main examination. Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination, But Main examination is Descriptive.

~~ So, please complete your Graduate degree course and then you are eligible for this examination and for more information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in
19th February 2012, 01:32 PM
sulemanpathan

Thumbs up Re: Will I be eligible for IPS exam after completion of my degree through distance learning mode?

Quote:
Hi shushanth.
IPS is indian police service.If want to into ips you have to clear the civil services conducted uppsc examination,
The education qualification for it is any graduation by any mode.ok
The Age lomit for the this service id 21-30 years for general cat.
For reservation people i.e 5 years for SC/ST/PH all.
So keep on focus on civils ok
For Forthur querios
go to official website WWW.UPPSC.co.in
All the best for your future.
Regards
Pathan.
19th February 2012, 03:15 PM
priyanka_22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul k View Post
IPS Stands for Indian Police Services and to become IPS Officer you have to appeared for the UPSC Civil services examination.

This examination is conducted by UPSC Every year and to apply for this examination you have to complete your Graduate degree course in any discipline from a recognised University.

Final year appearing candidates are also eligible for Civil services examination

There is no Minimum percentage is Required to appeared for this examination and any graduate candidates are eligible, because it is not mentioned in the notification that only Regular candidates are eligible. So if you have completed your degree in Distance mode from a recognised university then you are eligible for this examination.

To apply for this examination, your age should between 21 to 30 years, Upper age relaxation is applicable for SC/ST/OBC Candidates.

Upper age limit will be relaxable by 5 years for SC/ST candidates, by 3 years for candidates of OBC.

~~ You have to cracked the Preliminary examination first, Only then you are eligible for Main examination. Preliminary examination is Objective and there are 2 papers in this examination, But Main examination is Descriptive.

~~ So, please complete your Graduate degree course and then you are eligible for this examination and for more information check official website :

http://upsc.gov.in

Dear ,

Above mentioned are the eligiblity criteria for IPS Exam Entranxe and there details but surely corresponding to these it doesnt says that distance learning is not allowed .

Make sure you have a good knowledge of your subjects and strong GK.

Regards.
19th February 2012, 03:56 PM
rvidyasagar

Dear Sushanth,

Technically, your distance mode degree does not differ from any other degree for the UPSC exams. You will be very much eligible at par with other candidates who have taken their degrees through full time courses.

However, to improve your performance in the UPSC exam or any other competitive exam, I feel that you should have in-depth studies, which is more possible only through full-time regular course.

So, if you have the resources for a full-time degree, please choose a full time degree course than a correspondence course.

All the best to you
19th February 2012, 04:13 PM
ankitkrmishra

Yes, you can apply for IPS exam as you completed your degree as correspondence or regular basis.
But you can follow the eligibility criteria for this exam which is given below:

1.Age limit

21 years must be completed on 1st August of the year, which a candidate is appearing. Maximum 30 for general category, 33 for OBCs and 35 for SCs/STs .
Number of Attempts

Four attempts for open, seven for OBCs and no limit for SCs/STs. If a person appears in the Preliminary Examination or even one paper is counted as an attempt.
Minimum Physical Standard

The physical standards are important for the job profile and the rigorous training at the NPA, which includes weekly run for 10 k.m. in 60 minutes, route march for 25 k.m. UAC, Horse riding, rock climbing, assault course, PT obstacles, rope climbing etc. I shall give a detailed a/c of this sometime.

For IPS-

Height – Male 165 cm Pahari Male (general also) & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm Pahari Female (general also) & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest – Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.
Eye sight – 6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye. 6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye. Near vision J 1 for good eye. J2 for worst eye. The correction is by lenses
19th February 2012, 08:22 PM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can be eligible for IPS exam after completion of Graduation through distant learning mode but the Institution should be a recognised one.

IPS - INDIAN POLICE SERVICE, to become an IPS officer you have to appear and crack the Civil service examination conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligible candidate must be an Indian National having either appear for the final graduation degree exam or pass from a recognised University within the age of 21 to 30 years of age.There is upper age relaxation for OBC candidate up to 3 years and up to 5 years for SC/ST/PH candidate.

The selection of Civil Service exam is through three phases:-

CSAT- Civil Service Aptitude Test- Preliminary exam
Civil Service Main Exam
Personal Interview

There is certain prescribed Physical fitness criteria for those applying for IPS.

So first complete your Graduation Course and before sitting at Civil Service exam you should have at least one year rigorous practice for the exam.

For further information you may log on to www.upsc.gov.in
19th June 2013, 11:26 AM
Unregistered

Will i be elligblefor ips after completation my degree in english(hons)?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?