19th January 2012, 10:17 PM
pshah105

Will I be eligible to sit for placements while in final year engineering?

Im in my final year engineering and i have got a back in 7th sem..So vil i be eligible to sit for placements?

20th January 2012, 07:48 AM
lvnareshsunrise
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to sit for placements while in final year engineering?

Yes. You are eligible to sit for campus placements in the final year of your Engineering course.

For most of the on campus placements and off campus placements, you are eligible to attend for placements even though you are a candidate of pursuing final year of Engineering course.

But for some Company Walins and Job Melas, you will not be eligible. Because in these kind of recruitments, they need the candidates who are ready to join immediately.

As per your backlog in your Engineering course, no problem at all. Any way, you are not going to mention the backlog in your Resume but instead you will just mention that you are pursuing Engineering.

So, try to finish that backlog by the time you complete your Engineering course. Otherwise, it will become a big problem for you while looking for jobs after completion of your Engineering course.

So, try to have good preparation especially for campus placements. Try to get job opportunity through campus placements itself. Otherwise, you need to overcome good competition in outside market to get job opportunity.
20th January 2012, 08:30 AM
pops07
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will I be eligible to sit for placements while in final year engineering?

Yes you are eligible for sitting in on campus recruitment even after having a backlog in 7th sem.

But don't get relaxed by hearing this news. Though you are eligible for on campus recruitment, you are not eligible for many off campus recuitment. Because off campus recruitment company demands a clear and backlog free engineering degree.

So if you do not get job within your on campus placement, it will be very tough for you to get a job after passing your final year.

So give it your best shot and work so hard to grab a job within this 1 year.

And one more thing is that clear your backlog as quick as possible and try not to get another one!
20th January 2012, 08:59 AM
balathegreat
Senior Member+

Most of the engineering students nowadays get their life secured after coming out of college because of on campus and off campus recruitments. Those recruitments are for final year students who are all going to appear for their final semester exam. As you are currently in your final semester you are eligible for sitting in placements.

But on considering your backlog in 2ndlast semester it creates little risk for you. Because most of the companies wants the candidates to clear all their arrears at the time of placement. Some companies like CTS gives time for the candidates for clearing their arrears and offer them jobs. You can try in companies like that but you must clear your backlog in last semester. Otherwise even if you are placed the order will get cancelled.
20th January 2012, 11:39 AM
sadashiv_swami59

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshah105 View Post
Im in my final year engineering and i have got a back in 7th sem..So vil i be eligible to sit for placements?
Hi,

Yes, You are eligible for the Plcacements.

There will be some criteria on which your eligibility decided. Many companies allow candidates with 58% aggregate. However reputed MNC allow a candidate with minimum 60% aggregate in last three or two years if you are a diploma holder.

Try to get minimum criteria upto last year....

Best of Luck...

Regards,
Sadashiv
20th January 2012, 12:23 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
My friend as you have a pending backlogs then you will not be eligible for any placement..

Before appearing in the placement drive you have to clear your backlog first..

So, unless you clear your backlog you will not be eligible for any kind of placement.

All the best.
20th January 2012, 03:15 PM
saasmari
Senior Member++

Dear pal,
companies recruit aspirants while they are in final year. The aspirant can apply for both campus placement as well as for off campus placement. . Being a engineering aspirant you can apply for engineering services other than administrative and police service.
There are many public sector units like NTPC, BHEL, ONGC etc which recruits engineers but for applying for those jobs you need to have a valid gate score.
The selection procedure involved varies depending on the companies. The usual procedure consist of written exam, group discussion and personnel interview. For clearing the written exam you need to have good technical knowledge. Off campus placement is held by the companies in a common place either in a college or in their office. The limiting percentage required by the aspirant is decided by the company. And do not procedure false information in your resume if found you will be kicked out of the company and the company may file complain also.
20th January 2012, 03:17 PM
charanjot singh

Smile Re: Will I be eligible to sit for placements while in final year engineering?

Yes. You are eligible to sit for campus placements in the final year of your Engineering course.

For most of the on campus placements and off campus placements, you are eligible to attend for placements even though you are a candidate of pursuing final year of Engineering course.

Campus Interview Dates
S No. Centre Dates *
1. Baroda, Chandigarh, Indore, Kanpur, and Nagpur
22nd & 23rd February, 2012
2. Bhubaneswar, Coimbatore and Ernakulam
23rd and 24th February, 2012
3. Ahmedabad, Jaipur and Pune
27th, 28th and 29th February 2012
4. Chennai, Mumbai and New Delhi
26th, 27th, 28th, 29th, 30th, 31st March, 2012
5. Bangalore, Hyderabad, Kolkata
28th, 29th, 30th, 31st March, 2012
20th January 2012, 03:52 PM
Sharma sujeet

For most of the on campus placements and off campus placements, you are eligible to attendfor placements even though you are a candidate of pursuing final year of Engineering course.

But for some Company Walins and JobMelas, you will not be eligible. Because in these kind of recruitments, they need the candidates who are ready to join immediately.

As per your backlog in your Engineering course, no problem at all.Any way, you are not going to mention the backlog in your Resume but instead you will just mention thatyou are pursuing Engineering.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?