7th August 2011, 08:03 PM
wavecloud

Am I eligible for placements in core companies as my CGPA is 6? Should I prepare for GATE? Which subjects should I go through?

Sir,
I have just entered into final year of B.E. in E&E branch.Sir I am not eligible for placement in core companies as my cgpa is below 6 now,it may get 6 by the end of final year.So my doubt is to whether i should prepare for GATE or for off campus placements like BHEL or NTPC..if so can u plz suggest me the subjects to go through?..i have just somehow cleared and reached into final year.So my concepts are little weak.PLZ suggest.

Related Questions:
  1. Minimum CGPA required to become eligible for Mechanical Core Companies?
  2. Placements in Core Companies after BE? Which are these core companies and how to get placed? -- [Most Discussed]
  3. How to prepare to get into core companies private and government sector after completion of ECE course?
  4. If I have 6 backlogs will I be eligible for placement in core companies? Names of the core companies?
  5. Placement in core companies after B.E? Which core companies can I get after scoring 8.10 CGPA?
  6. How to get placed for core companies? What is the eligibility criteria?
  7. How may I get off campus placements after completing B.Tech in EEE with CGPA of 9.1?
  8. Am I eligible to sit for placements in companies after scoring 82% in 10th, 56% in 12th, 84% in B.Tech
  9. Is it possible to get government job right after completion of B.Tech Computer Science?
  10. How the core companies select the freshers? What are the steps to be followed? How to know about the off campus placements?
  11. Minimum CGPA required in B.Tech to apply for job in Samsung, Infineon, Ericsson, Texas and National Instruments?
  12. How to join core companies after doing 3rd year mechanical engineering?
  13. After scoring 7.2 CGPA which ECE core companies can I get? Will I get a chance to do M.A Internship?
  14. List of core companies for EEE? What is their eligibility criteria?
  15. How much CGPA should I get to get placed in best core companies in Tamilnadu?
  16. How to join BHEl after doing B.Tech in Electrical Engineering?
  17. Possibility for me to get selected in campus interview of Core companies having good CGPA along with implant training and internship? -- [New]
  18. How can I get in core companies after scoring 82%?
21st January 2012, 11:13 PM
Ronie0309

Default Re: Am I eligible for placements in core companies as my CGPA is 6? Should I prepare for GATE? Which subjects should I go through?

If you feel that the jobs you are getting are not upto your expectation then you should go for GATE and start preparing for it from now and itself.
There is no one specific book for GATE exams and there are different books related to different fields and topics. If you want the names of those books you can go to GATEexam.com.
27th June 2016, 10:03 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for placements in core companies as my CGPA is 6? Should I prepare for GATE? Which subjects should I go through?

I am studying BE can i do part time job or other special courses can be done on 5 sem.
28th June 2016, 10:20 AM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

If you want to study in Post graduation M.Tech in relative field, then you have to go for GATE exam.

First you have to focus on your coming exam of BE 8th Semster to improve your GPA.

GATE exam stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering which is conducted to take admission into M.Tech in Relative field.

Generally all Entrance exam required at least 65% marks.

If you have not pass BE with 65% marks, then you are not eligible for almost all entrance exam.

According to my view, you have to concentrate on your on going study.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?