19th January 2012, 09:05 PM
sreekala sankar

Will I get preference in engineering/medical entrance exam conducted in Kerala state if my daughter is a part of state level basket ball competition?

My daughter took part in the state level basket ball competition . I would like to know whether she will get preference in engineering / medical entrance examination conducted by Kerala state.

22nd January 2012, 11:02 AM
rvidyasagar

Default Re: Will I get preference in engineering/medical entrance exam conducted in Kerala state if my daughter is a part of state level basket ball competition?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreekala sankar View Post
My daughter took part in the state level basket ball competition . I would like to know whether she will get preference in engineering / medical entrance examination conducted by Kerala state.
It is heartening to note that your daughter represented Kerala state. However, you have not indicated the event and the result of the tournament.

Please refer to Sl. Nos. 50 to 61 of Annexure XVIII (ii) of the Prospectus for admission to professional degree courses issued by CEE, Govt of Kerala, which can be downloaded from http://www.cee-kerala.org/docs/keam2012/prospectus/prospectus_keam12.pdf. According to this, she will get marks between 34 and 50, depending upon the tournament and its result against Sports Quota.

As per Para 5.2.19 of the Prospectus, she has to send a copy of the application to the Sports Council also, who will allot the actual marks depending upon the event and the result against proficiency. This will boost her overall ranking and chances of selection in a better college. This is an indirect sports quota.

All the best.
25th May 2012, 04:16 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will I get preference in engineering/medical entrance exam conducted in Kerala state if my daughter is a part of state level basket ball competition?

I have taken part in interschool UAE cluster football tournament conducted council of CBSE and won the tournament !
Will I get any preference in admission to medical colleges in kerala?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?