14th June 2010, 02:22 AM
PriyaSai

Will I get a seat in Engineering if I missed the required percentage by few marks?

Respected Sir, Madam.

Iam from Bangalore, I got 52% overall in PUC (PCMB) and got 44.33% in PCB and 40% in PCM. I tried all the colleges for a seat in Engineering but was not at all successful, I lost just quater percentage to get a seat in Engineering and in CET entrance exam.

Sir i request you to please help me know whether i will be eligible to get a seat any where in Karnatakta in Engineering, will the Government change their rules and reduce the percentage from 45% to 44% atleast so that students like me who are desperately waiting to get an admission will be saved and it will be very helpful for us Sir, and also i can fulfil my father's last wishes, who is no more.

Thanking you and anticipating an early reply from you Sir.

Many thanks for your time and support

AishwarryaKrishnan

Related Questions:
  1. How much percentage is required in 12th to get a seat in top engineering colleges with CSE stream?
  2. Best college in India for Aeronautics? Percentage and marks required in 12th for getting a seat in best Aeronautical Engineering college in India? Marks to be scored in PCM in 12th? Is Biology required for Aeronautics?
  3. Can I get MS seat in Germany with 55% in engineering? Percentage required in TOEFL?
  4. Which are the subjects important in science? Percentage required in 12th to get a seat in IITs? Will I get a seat after scoring 70%?
  5. How much JEE cut off marks is required to get seat for Engineering course?
  6. Minimum and maximum marks required to get a job after mechanical engineering?
  7. Minimum percentage required in UG to study M.Tech in IIT?
  8. How much marks are required to pass EAMCET so as to get an engineering seat? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. What is the required percentage of marks to get a seat in Loyola college of commerce, Chennai
  10. What is the basic eligibility criteria to get job in MNCs?
  11. What is the percentage required to get a seat for 2nd year engineering after completing diploma
  12. How to get admission for MSc Zoology in Maharashtra? Percentage required to get a seat in universities?
  13. How to get admission in MSc in Zoology in Maharashtra? Percentage required to get a seat in those universities?
  14. Am I eligible to apply for Infosys Off-Campus Drive if secured 78% in 10th, 59.10% in Intermediate, 59.94% in BCA and 76% in MCA?
  15. What is the cutoff percentage required for Merit seat in B.Com? -- [New]
  16. Am I eligible to get job in Accenture without scoring 60% in Graduation being an MCA final year student?
  17. Eligibility to get job in MNC companies after final year BCA with 79%?
  18. What is the minimum percentage of marks required in BE to be eligible for GRE exam?
14th June 2010, 09:43 AM
jicks

Default Re: Will I get a seat in Engineering if I missed the required percentage by few marks?

Dear Aishwarya,

I can understand your ambition to become an Engineer.
But to reach the goal, you should have worked harder and secured high marks in +2.
It would be very difficult for you to get through in Engineering, even if you get seat, since the course demands High scores in Numerical/Verbal/Visual/Spatial ability to complete it successfully.

There are lot more careers apart from Engineering. Try to analyze about you, and findout your hidden potential.

But don't loose heart. You can always try through Management Quota

All the Best...
14th June 2010, 10:25 AM
compaq123
Senior Member+

Default Re: Will I get a seat in Engineering if I missed the required percentage by few marks?

your percentage is very low so no chance for admission in top most university but your percentages is overall 55% then you can apply for entrance test .then you can clear this test your admission is conform some university.
14th June 2010, 05:42 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi,
i am very sorry to inform you that the government will not chang the rules for one candidate,
i would advice you to join in some college in andhra pradesh engineering through management quota,
all the best
14th June 2010, 06:12 PM
rednam

hi,
friend i understand ur problem. if govt has change the rules there is no meaning putting the cut off. the cutoffs are provided considering many criterions like technical and basic knowledge of the student in the subject
i really feel sorry for you because you are missing the cutt off by very small margin.
14th June 2010, 06:16 PM
drdo99
Banned

You don’t need to worry for any sort.
It sometimes happen likes so.
search properly,you will get good colleges
15th June 2010, 05:22 PM
pinnache

Yes a good marks,good outputs.in competitions is needed.
But marks are benchmarks.
You need to prove at every strata.
so you need to show your marks.
15th June 2010, 11:32 PM
bond007
Senior Member++

sorry friend now you are not eligible for the counseling itself as you have not completed the eligibility criteria............

so just try for some of the state level colleges ........
16th August 2010, 12:18 AM
solution
Senior Member++++

hello dear

you can't get a seat in Engineering if I missed the required percentage by few marks.

as with your poor marks you will not get jobs.

all the best......
31st January 2011, 11:26 PM
Mayank Shekhar

Dear,
i am very sorry to inform you that the government will not chang the rules for one candidate,
i would advice you to join in some college in andhra pradesh engineering through management quota,
all the best
Thanks.
24th March 2011, 11:53 AM
Unregistered

i am 47 year old interested to do engineering. Is it possible??????
23rd May 2011, 04:34 PM
Unregistered

i got 57.2% in 12th and 48% in pcm .can i get addmision in engineering?
27th May 2011, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

i have got 49 percent in pcmb will i get engineering course
14th June 2011, 12:07 PM
Unregistered

over all result ( % ) of cet exam for 2011-12
6th July 2012, 04:57 PM
Unregistered

i got 49.4% in my pcm doi get seat in engineering
6th July 2012, 04:59 PM
Unregistered

i got 49.4% in my pcm 38marks in emcet do i get seat
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?