31st July 2015, 11:55 AM
Unregistered

Is the AICTE approval important for getting a government job?

Is it necessary for a university to be approved by aicte can I get a government job if I complete my b.tech from a ugc recognised university? Is graphic era hill university bhimtal OK for seeking a degree in civil engineering???? Pls help asap!!!!

2nd August 2015, 07:15 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is the AICTE approval important for getting a government job?

According to most of the government job notification for engineering jobs you must have an AICTE approved degree. If the nature of job is pure engineering then you must fulfill the technical council affiliation.

For other jobs which are general in nature and not related to engineering stream you require only a UGC recognized degree in government you don't need any AICTE approved qualification.
2nd August 2015, 10:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, AICTE approval is not required to get a Government job. For getting government job, you must have completed Graduation course from a recognised university. Since, you have pursued your B.Tech course from Graphic Era Hill University which is recognised and approved by University Grants Commission (UGC), you can apply for Government job.
3rd August 2015, 01:37 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

AICTE stands for the All India Council for Technical Education. It is the council which gives recognition and approvals to various institutions for technical courses at the undergraduate and post graduate level.

You must know that universities do not require AICTE approval. University must be approved by the University Grants Commission and the courses under the university should be approved by the AICTE.

So even if you study in UGC recognized university, you are eligible for government jobs. Graphic Era Hill University is recognized by UGC but it is a private university. From my point of view, you should join a AICTE approved college for civil engineering as it would be more better than this. However you will face no problem even if you do civil engineering from this university.

If you want any more details about this university, visit www.gehu.ac.in.
17th June 2016, 09:59 AM
Unregistered

Sir i want to study b.tech civil engeenerig at lovely professional university punjab..will it problem to get govt.jop in feture
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?