1st July 2016, 08:33 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in DEO exam if pursuing M.A.(English) and completed B.Ed?

Hello Sir,
I am pursuing my M.A. in English and I have finished my B.Ed. I want to apply for DEO exam as it is my dream to become a DEO. I just want to know that whether I am eligible or not for appearing in DEO exam?

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for CTET exam if I have scored only 44% marks in Graduation?
  2. Am I eligible to apply for DEO after completion of graduation in science and post graduation in English literature?
  3. Date of Ed-CET Exam of this year? Duration of B.Ed course? Syllabus for this Exam? Top Colleges in Visakhapatnam for B.Ed course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. How to become a District Education Officer? Recruitment exam and qualification required?
  5. Can i write DEO Exam and get Government Posting being a candidate pursuing B.Ed in IGNOU?
  6. Am I eligible to write TET Exam being a candidate pursuing B.Ed course?
  7. When did the DEO exam start? What is the syllabus?
  8. Am I eligible to become a DEO after completion of my B.Sc in Himachal Pradesh?
  9. Am I eligible to appear for LDC or Deo exam under SSC after passing 12th exam with 47.2%
  10. In which exam I have to appear to become a DEO in Andhra Pradesh being an M.Ed postgraduate?
  11. Am I eligible for CTET exam after completing Graduation with 44% marks?
  12. Am I eligible to work as a lecturer in B.Ed college in AP after pursuing M.A education from UP?
  13. What is the date of commencement of DEO and CEO exam?
  14. Am I eligible for DEO entrance exam? I am a computer science student
  15. Am I eligible for DEO entrance exam in Tamilnadu government? I have finished BSc computer science
  16. Am I eligible to apply for DEO exam at the age of 43 years? What is the qualification criteria required to apply for the exam?
  17. Am I eligible for CEO/DEO in Chhattisgarh? I have completed my BCA and MCA
  18. Eligibility for AEO/DEO/CEO in Tamil Nadu? -- [New]
3rd July 2016, 09:47 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in DEO exam if pursuing M.A.(English) and completed B.Ed?

Eligibility Criteria Required to appear in DEO Examination:

You are eligible to appear in DEO (District Educational Officer) Examination after completion of Master's Degree. Here is the basic educational qualification required for DEO Examination.

>> Master's Degree in the concerned discipline from a recognized university.

>> The minimum percentage you must have secured in Master's Degree is 50% marks.

>> As you have already completed B.Ed degree and pursuing Master's Degree, I suggest you to apply for this recruitment after completion of Master's Degree.

>> In general the minimum age required is 18 years and the maximum age must not exceed 30 years.
4th July 2016, 11:07 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in DEO exam if pursuing M.A.(English) and completed B.Ed?

DEO stands for District Educational officer. This exam conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission.

Education Qualification:-

1. A candidate must be post graduate in any university from Tamil Nadu only.

2. A candidate must be B.Ed r B.T.in any university from Tamil Nadu only.

3. A candidate must have studied Tamil Part 1 & 2 in 12th from any board.

Age Limit:-

1. A candidate must not be more than 30 years old.

2. A candidate must not be below 18 years old.
4th July 2016, 12:02 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Sir,
I am pursuing my M.A. in English and I have finished my B.Ed. I want to apply for DEO exam as it is my dream to become a DEO. I just want to know that whether I am eligible or not for appearing in DEO exam?

Sorry, you are not eligible for District Educational Officer (DEO) post without completing M.A.

The eligibility for the DEO examination is a Master’s Degree in English with not less than 50% marks and a B.Ed.

- The recruitment will be done by the State Educational Board, so you have to check the eligibility in your state also. The aspirant has to appear for a written test for the selection.

- The maximum age limit is 30 years for the open market candidates and 40 years for the Teachers employed in recognized Aided Secondary Schools or Higher Secondary Schools.
5th July 2016, 05:41 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are very much eligible to apply for DEO examination as the minimum educational requirement in order to apply for the examination is;

> Master degree from a recognized University.

> Should have scored a minimum of 50% in aggregate.

> Candidate's minimum age should not be below 18 and maximum age should not exceed 30 years.
11th January 2022, 03:14 PM
Unregistered

Sir am completed B.E and B. Ed am I eligible for deo exam
25th December 2022, 10:29 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I have completed my post graduation in Manonmaniam sundaranar University.May I write the DEO exam 2023? Pls clarify.Thank you
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?