6th March 2018, 01:32 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exam being a married women?

Hello, I am M.Sc postgraduate in Biotechnology. I did my M.Sc 5 years ago. Then I got married. Now, I want to do UPSC services. So, I am married woman and having one child then I can give UPSC exam?

10th April 2018, 05:34 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to appear in UPSC exam being a married women?

I am very much happy to tell you that definitely you are eligible to appear in the UPSC examination, no matter you being a married woman.
Candidates those who have completed their Graduation in any discipline from a recognized University can apply for the UPSC examination.
Candidates age must be in between 21 to 32 years.
So, if you are below 32 years, then definitely you can apply for the UPSC examination.
10th April 2018, 10:42 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

First thing I would like to let you know that UPSC refers to Union Public Service Commission and as the name suggests same is a commission that conducts different entrance examination for recruitment of Central government employees in various departments.

But, in general, UPSC examination is used to refer Civil Services examination held by UPSC for recruitment as an administrative officer like IAS, IPS, IFS, etc. .

The basic qualifications required for pursuing Civil Services examination are as here under :-

* You must hold the nationality of India.

* Your age must lie within 21 years to 32 years. Age relaxation is applicable for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

* You must have either completed your bachelor degree course or must be in the final year of same degree course in any discipline from a recognized university.

As far as you are concerned about your eligibility for appearing in Civil Services examination being a married woman then I would like to let you know that you are certainly eligible if you satisfy the other basic requirements for appearing in Civil Services examination.

For more details regarding Civil Services examination, you can refer to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
10th April 2018, 11:14 PM
manojbadoniya
Senior Member+

Minimum eligibility standards required to apply for UPSC Civil Service Examination :

Candidate must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognised university or

Candidate pursuing final year of the degree may also apply for this examination.

Age of the candidate should not be less than 21 years and more than 33 years and and relaxation in upper age as per government rules that is 3 years for OBC category and 5 years for SC/ST category candidates.

So if you possess above mentioned qualification then you are eligible and as you have mentioned that you are post graduate so no tension about your educational qualification but your age might matter if you belong to general category and crossed 32 years of age then you can not apply for this examination.

But if you belong to OBC category then you are eligible for this exam upto 35 years and if you are in SC or ST category then you will get the eligibility upto 37 years.

There is no matter about marriage because if you are truly devoted to yourself and preparation of the examination then no barrier can stop you from achieving your goal that is why if you find yourself eligible in age then you must apply and start preparation.
10th April 2018, 11:29 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

From my point of view, you are asking about Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination.

The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination:

1. You should have done bachelor's degree in any degree to become eligible for Civil Services examination.

The age limit is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation of three years to OBC and five years to SC/ST candidates.

You can apply for UPSC Civil Services exam if you are within age limit.
11th April 2018, 12:24 AM
Bhaak Burbak
Senior Member++++

Eligibility to apply for UPSC exam:

Candidate must have passed bachelor's degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

Candidate must be a citizen of India.

Age limit: 21 to 32 years.

Relaxation is allowed for reserved category.

So, when you fulfill the eligibility criteria then you are eligible to appear in UPSC.
11th April 2018, 02:24 PM
Dadi Maa
Senior Member+

The acronym UPSC stands for Union Public Service Commission.

Requirements for UPSC Civil Services exam:

Academic qualification: Bachelor's degree in any stream.

Age criteria: 21-32 years for general candidates.

There is no such restriction, married candidates are eligible to apply for UPSC Civil Services exam if you meet above two criteria. Last date to apply for UPSC Civil Services 2018 is over.
11th April 2018, 06:18 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

UPSC conducts various examination for recruitment in different services. The required qualification varies with examination.

The most common examination conducted by UPSC is Civil Service examination. So, i am giving you the eligibility for the examination. The common eligibility to appear for examination is that candidate must have passed bachelor degree from a recognised university.

The age limit is 21-32 years with relaxation for reserved category. Married candidates are also eligible to appear for examination.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
11th April 2018, 07:25 PM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Yes you can apply for UPSC but should be in age limit.

Eligibility criteria:

Candidate must pass Bachelor's Degree in any discipline from a recognized university.

The age must be in between 21 to 32 years.

The upper age relaxation is also applicable for the reservation category candidate.

Candidate must be a citizen of India.

No marital status.
11th April 2018, 09:10 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, married candidates are eligible for Union Public Service Commission Civil Services examination. There are several examples of married candidates becoming IAS, IPS officers.

The qualification required for exam is bachelor's degree. The age criteria is 21-32 years for general category candidates. In case of OBC and SC/ST candidates, upper age relaxation of three years and five years are provided.

If you are within age limit then you can apply for exam when online application forms for next year exam is available.
11th April 2018, 11:33 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Yes, married candidates are eligible to appear for various UPSC examination.

So, if you have the sufficient qualification then you are eligible to appear for Civil Service Examination, Indian Forest Service etc.

For detail information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
12th April 2018, 01:30 AM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

Yes, a married women is also eligible to apply for UPSC examination if she will fulfill the required eligibility criteria of UPSC examination.

Eligibility criteria:
Candidate must have completed graduation in any discipline from any recognized university
Candidate’s age must be at least 21 years.
12th April 2018, 09:05 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Being a married candidate as well as having completed your post graduate degree course you are certainly eligible for appearing in Civil Services examination ( generally known as Civil Services examination ) if you also satisfy the age criteria for appearing in the same examination as the eligibility of a candidate for the same examination is decided without considering the marital status of a candidate.

Further, the age criteria for appearing in Civil Services examination is 21 years to 32 years in case of general category candidates. Age relaxation is allowed for reserved category candidates as per the government norms.

For more queries regarding the same examination, you can log on to the link www.upsc.gov.in.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?