24th June 2016, 03:12 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology course?

Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology course? What is the minimum criteria followed for the course? Who can provide me the right details? Please do let me know the answer. Quick reply will be appreciated.

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any possibility for me to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  2. Am I eligible to do M.Sc Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc in Life Sciences?
  3. Am I eligible for government job after doing BSc and MSc in Biotechnology and B.Ed
  4. Is there any possibility for me to get a job after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology course?
  5. What jobs I can get after the completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? Which is a good choice to earn more money between M.Tech in Biotechnology and MBA in Biotechnology?
  6. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of Ph.D in Biotechnology?
  7. Will I get a job in India if I do M.Sc in Biotechnology after completion of B.Sc Biotechonology?
  8. What are the job opportunities after completion of Biotechnology?
  9. Am I eligible to get a Government job after completing B.Sc Biotechnology? What do I have to do to get the job? -- [New]
  10. Am I eligible to apply for B.Sc Biotechnology course after completion of Bi.P.C stream with 89% marks?
  11. What are the opportunities available to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology?
  12. What Jobs I can do after completion of B.Sc in Biotechnology? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Is it possible for me to get a professor job in government polytechnic institute in Kolkata after completion of M.Tech in Biotechnology?
  14. Am I eligible to get government job after completion of B.Sc course from VMU?
  15. Government Job Opportunities after the completion of B.Tech in Biotechnology?
  16. Am i eligible for TRB after completing BSc Biotechnology
  17. Can I be eligible for any veterinary job after completing BSc Biotechnology with 55%?
  18. Which jobs I can apply after completion of Ph.D in Biotechnology?
24th June 2016, 09:10 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology course?

Yes, you are eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology course.

Minimum eligibility criteria required to get admission in B.Sc. in Biotechnology are as under :-

-The candidate should have passed 10+2 with Mathematics/Biology, Physics, Chemistry, with minimum 60% marks in aggregate in Mathematics/Biology, Physics and Chemistry from any State board or CBSE/ICSE.

-The candidate minimum age limit to apply for the course is 17 years at the time of admission .

Some of the popular job profiles available for B.Sc in Biotechnology graduates in government sector are :

Scientific assistant

Biostatistician

Clinical Research Manager
24th June 2016, 11:16 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology course?

Yes definitely you can get government job after completion of your BSc in Biotechnology.
You can apply for degree level exams such as IAS, IPS, RTO inducted by Union Public Service Commission and Railway Recruitment Board.
You can apply as a teacher in schools as well as in colleges.

You can also work in hospitals in private as government.
25th June 2016, 01:11 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.Sc Biotechnology course? What is the minimum criteria followed for the course? Who can provide me the right details? Please do let me know the answer. Quick reply will be appreciated.

Yes, you are eligible for various government jobs in state and central government organizations. The eligibility to appear for various government examinations are graduation in any discipline, so you can apply for various posts.

- You can apply for jobs in Railways; the recruitment will be done through RRB (Official Website)
- You can apply for jobs in nationalized banks; the recruitment will be done through IBPS (Official Website)
- You can apply for various jobs in central government department; the recruitment will be done through SSC. The website link is (Official Website)

Apart from the above, you can apply for jobs in state government department; the recruitment will be done through State Staff Selection Commission like TNPSC, HPPSC etc. For all the government jobs the competition is very high, you have to prepare well to clear the written test.
25th June 2016, 04:08 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

Age criteria for the government job exam:-

The age limit is not same for all jobs in the government sector.Here is the list of some government jobs and required age limit:-

Bank clerk- 18 to 28 years

Bank P.O -20 to 30 years

Teaching Sector -21 to 35 years

Railway -18 to 33 years

IAS-21 to 30 years

IPS-21 to 35 years

SSC CGL-21 to 27 years

SSC LDC /DEO- 18 to 27 years.
25th June 2016, 05:41 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

After completing graduation in Biotechnology,you have options like higher studies or job opportunities in Government as well as in Private Sector.Higher studies will help you in getting better jobs. You can apply for various jobs in Pharmaceutical Industries which is the largest employer to Biotech students.

-Some of the Companies like:
Dabur
Hindustan Unilever
Cipla
Rossari Biotech India Pvt Ltd
Hindustan Antibiotics Ltd , etc

In these companies you can apply for following posts:
- Marketing Manager
- Quality Control Officer
- Production-in-charge

-Government career after B Tech in Biotechnology:

You can apply for jobs in several Government sector institutes for various posts like Scientist or Engineer Posts like:-
-Center for Cellular and Molecular Biology ( CCBM )
-National Brain Research Center
-National Institute of Oceanography

For the posts in these institutes you have to write the entrance exam. You can also opt for a job in banking field, civil services field, defense sector, railways, post offices and telegraph centers.

-List of top companies in India:
Southern Petrochemical Industries Ltd
Serum Institute of India
Panacea Biotech
Piramal Healthcare
Biocon
Cipla
Ranbaxy
Wockhardt Limited
GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals
Indian Immunologicals
Godrej
26th June 2016, 10:48 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed B.Sc Biotechnology course so are eligible for government sector and Central government jobs.

List of the government jobs:-

1)School Service Commission

2)IBPS and SBI entrance exam

3)Civil service exam

4)CDS exam

5)Staff selection commission exam

6)Indian Forest Service exam
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?