24th June 2016, 03:10 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible for getting a government job after completion 12th and 18 years old?

I am 12th pass. Now I read 1st year history hons from Kolkata University can I get a government job now so what kind of job I will get? Can you please provide me the information on the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  2. Am I eligible to get state government job after completion of 12th from NIOS?
  3. Am I eligible for getting a government job after completion of 12th standard with improvement exam?
  4. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of 12th with 51% marks?
  5. Am I eligible for the government job at just 52% in class 12th exam?
  6. Am I eligible for government job after completion of history honors from Kolkata University?
  7. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of CMA/CS course?
  8. Is there a chance for me to get the government job after completion of B.Tech 3rd year ECE?
  9. Am I eligible to apply for government job after completion completion of BA graduation from IGNOU?
  10. Am I eligible to get a government job after 12th at an age 17 years? -- [New]
  11. Am I eligible to appear for government job after completion of 12th from Nepal?
  12. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of 12th with 58% marks?
  13. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of B.E Mechanical Engineering with 62% marks?
  14. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of 12th with 56% marks?
  15. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of inter studies? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Am I eligible for the government job after completion of M.Com course with 10 years of experience high school teaching?
  17. Am I eligible to get a government job after completion of post graduation course at the age of 30 years?
  18. Am I eligible to get a job in Indian Navy after completion of 12th standar?
24th June 2016, 06:40 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for getting a government job after completion 12th and 18 years old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 12th pass. Now I read 1st year history hons from Kolkata University can I get a government job now so what kind of job I will get? Can you please provide me the information on the same? It will be helpful if you can provide me the answer.

Yes, you are eligible for getting a government job after completion of 12th with 18 years. The aspirant can find many jobs in state and central government departments through various examinations like State Staff Selection Commission, Police Department, Indian Railways (RRB), National Defence Academy (NDA), Lower Division Clerk (SSC), Ministry of Defence etc.

For all the government jobs you have to appear for a written test and interview for the selection. The posts like constable and NDA you have to be fit physically. There will be a physical fitness test also available. You can apply to the above posts when the notifications are released.
24th June 2016, 09:43 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for getting a government job after completion 12th and 18 years old?

There are not much better opportunities for government jobs after 10+2 but if you want to get the jobs you can appear for some of entrance examination and after qualifying in it eligible for final recruitment.

Some of entrance examination for government jobs are :-

LDC/DEO recruitment examination conducted by SSC.

Railway as TTE or Grade D jobs.

Intelligence Bureau conducted by Ministry of Home Affairs.

NDA conducted by UPSC.

But there are many more options for recruitment in jobs after bachelor degree so you need to continue your higher studies.
25th June 2016, 08:49 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

At 10+2, there are certain examination for government jobs, for which you can apply if you are within age limit for that examination.

>>NDA/NA examination: Candidates interested to join defence can apply for this exam. For Navy and Airforce, you should have studied Physics and mathematics in 12th and for Army candidates from all discipline are eligible. You need to within age limit 16.5-19.5 years and must be unmarried male.

>>Staff Selection Commission Combined Higher Secondary Level exam: For this exam age limit is 18-30 years.

>>Intelligence Bureau Security Assistant Exam: It is conducted by Ministry of Home Affairs. Age limit is 18-30 years and upper age limit relaxed for reserved category candidates.
25th June 2016, 12:24 PM
Maa ka pyaar
Senior Member+++++

Being a Class 12th passed candidate, the government job options available for you are as :-

** You have the option of becoming commissioned officer ( i.e; lieutenant ) in defense sector by qualifying NDA entrance examination.

** You have the option of becoming lower divisional clerk in various government offices by clearing SSC ( Staff Selection Commission ) examination.

But as you have mentioned that you are pursuing the first year of your graduation degree course with history then I would advice you to first complete your same degree course as you will have lot more options of government jobs in almost each sector with you.

For more details about the above mentioned examination, you can visit their respective official link which are www.upsc.gov.in and www.ssconline.nic.in.
25th June 2016, 02:32 PM
pearlrana
Senior Member+++++

As per my suggestions you must first complete your graduation only then you should apply for government jobs because on the basis of 12th there are very less chances for you to get a good reputed government job.
Still you can apply for some clerical post such as in banks, post offices.
25th June 2016, 02:44 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

It would be better for you to complete your degree course and then apply for government jobs. After completion of degree you will have lot of Government job opportunities as well as reputed posts such as IAS,IPS, RTO,Bank Manger where as on the basis of 12th you will have very less job opportunities that is restricted to clerical post only.
25th June 2016, 05:29 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible for jobs in government sector on the basis of your 12th qualification. However, it is always recommended to opt for higher studies and not limit to 12th standard as it will enhance job scope and help in getting better salaried jobs.
At your present qualification you are eligible for following fields:

-NDA
-Loco Pilots
-Bank Clerks( other than SBI)
-Central Industrial Security Guards
-Police Department
-Railway Station Guard
-Insurance Agent
-Supervisor
-Village Revenue Assistants
-Personal Tutors

The best option you can ever have is to join Indian Army under Technical Entry Scheme or NDA in which army will bear your further studying fees. And after completing your course you will get to work in Indian Army. You can also get various opportunities under Central and State government for Group-D posts.
26th June 2016, 10:26 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
You have completed 12th standard, so you are eligible for government sector like Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force through NDA exam.

The candidate's who have completed the 12th standard from a recognized board or equivalent exam are eligible for NDA exam. Final year of 12th standard candidate are eligible for NDA exam.

Your age should be in between to 16.5 years to 19.5 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?