11th May 2013, 09:58 PM
Unregistered

How should I join Indian Army if I am a student of 3rd year with Hons Economics?

Jai Hind sir.....sir i am a student of +3 3rd yr with the Hons.Economics i want to join the indian army with a official post....but I haven't the NCC certificate......Plz give me some idea"how I join d indian army with a official post".....Sir I am very much need your advice....Plz help me sir

12th May 2013, 10:07 AM
dhirajen18
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I join Indian Army if I am a student of 3rd year with Hons Economics?

As you are in final year of your Graduation studies, you are eligible to apply for Indian Army through CDS entrance exam.

CDS - Combined Defence Service, the entrance exam for which is conducted by UPSC twice every year as for an entry in to Indian Military Academy, naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officer's Training Academy.

The eligible candidate aspiring to join Indian Army(IMA) of CDS, must be an unmarried Indian Male having either appear for the final Graduation Degree exam or pass in any stream from a recognised University within the age of 19 to 24 years with good Physical and Mental Health.

For more information you may log on to http://www.upsc.gov.in
12th May 2013, 10:23 AM
SK@S
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: How should I join Indian Army if I am a student of 3rd year with Hons Economics?

After Completion of your Graduation, you can join Indian army by giving the CDS exams.
CDS exams are conducted by UPSC Two times in a year

You need to meet the below eligibilty to apply for the CDS exams

Educational Qualifications:

Indian Airforce- Bachelors Degree pass in any stream and Physics and Mathematics as subjects in class 12th or BE/BTECH pass
Indian Navy - BE/BTECH pass
Indian Military Academy (IMA) - Bachelors Degree Pass in any Stream
Officers Training Academy (OTA) - Graduation Pass in any Stream

Age for applying to these exams are:

IMA- Minimum 19 years and Maximum 24 years
OTA Minimum 19 years and Maximum 25 years
Navy - Minimum 19 years and Maximum 22 years
Airforce - Minimum 19 years and Maximum 23 years
12th May 2013, 03:55 PM
sandeepsaini.saini522
Senior Member+++++

hi,
It is nice that you want to join Indian army after Degree.

You have to apply CDS exam.

CDS stands for Combined Defence Services Examination and this examination is conducted by UPSC, Twice in a year

Through CDS exam, you can take admission in:-
Indian Military Academy

Navel Academy

Air force Academy

Officer Training Academy

Education :

Indian Military Academy and Officers Training Academy :

you must have completed your Degree in any stream with minimum percentage of marks from any recognized college or board.

Indian Air Force :

you must have Bachelor Degree in Engineering or B.Sc with Physics or Mathematics as your main subjects with minimum marks from any recognized university.

Indian Naval Academy :

you must have completed your Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Degree in Physics or Mathematics as your main subjects with minimum marks from any recognized university.

AGE LIMIT;-
Indian Military Academy: 19-24yrs.
Naval Academy: 19-22yrs.
Air Force Academy: 19-23yrs.
Officers Training Academy: 19-25yrs.

CDS II exam Important Dates;-

Date of Notification;-25/05/2013

Last Date of Filling Application;-24/06/2013

Date of Exam;-08/09/2013

Duration of Exam;-1 days

All the best...............
23rd June 2013, 12:04 PM
Unregistered

Hi i aw tanya and i want to join navy. I have done economics hons. Fro delhi university with 50 % . Should i and can i join this? Am i eligible for cds exam?
13th April 2021, 08:20 AM
Unregistered

hello sir/madam I'm doing b.a.economics after completing m.a.economics can I join an Indian army officer after my degree can I join NDA or CDS? am I eligible for CDS OR NDA exams?
13th April 2021, 08:37 AM
gautham natarajan

hello sir/madam I'm gautham Natarajan doing b.a.economics and going to do m.a.economics
how can I join the Indian army officer
what are the position did I get in Indian army officer
or should I complete NDA or CDS before joining the Indian army officer
am I eligible for an Indian army officer?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?