29th December 2010, 02:44 PM
ilangovan

Am I eligible for Indian Navy if I had 1 backlog in previous semester of computer science and engineering? If my aggregate is 60% to 70% then can I apply for it? Would the backlogs affect my chances?

sir, my name is Ilangovan at present i am studying 3rd year 2nd semester in the branch of Computer Science Engineering in Coimbatore. I want to join indian navy.
But i was in confusion that i had 1 backlogs in previous semester.But i can clear those backlogs till the end this semester.
Now my question is that am i eligible for indian navy to apply till 4th year 1st semester?
if my aggregate is around 60-70% can i apply?
would this backlogs will effect in joining indian navy?
please reply me.

Related Questions:
  1. how can i join indian navy being in final year? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Will the 2 years of backlog affect my chances for getting a good job?
  3. After MS can I do PhD or whether backlogs of graduation will affect?
  4. Will my backlog affect my chances at WBCS exams? -- [New]
  5. Can I apply for Microsoft after having One year backlog in my BCA degree?
  6. Should I go for a job or higher studies after having few backlogs in 6th semester? Will the backlogs affect me for higher studies?
  7. Can I apply for Indian Navy Technical Entry having completed B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering with 68.8% and with a date of birth of 05-12-1998 but having backlog history? What is the difference between backlog and backlog history?
  8. Whether pre final year student of CSE branch apply for Indian Army or not?
  9. Am I eligible to attend HCL On-Campus Drive after clearing the 1st semester backlog?
  10. Is there any chance of companies finding out the backlogs if I try to hide it during campus placement?
  11. Will I be eligible to apply for campus placements if I have 1 back paper while am in 3rd year?
  12. Will there be a problem if I have backlogs in 5th semester to do higher studies in future?
  13. Am I eligible for IAF entrance exam after clearing the previous backlogs?
  14. Am I eligible to attend L&T Infotech On-Campus Drive if had 5 backlogs in B.E.?
  15. Can I do MS after clearing GRA and TOEFL having 2 backlogs history in past?
  16. Can i study MS in US after clearing my backlogs? Will the cleared backlogs affect admission chances?
  17. Having backlog in semester will affect job placement? Will it affect salary also?
  18. Will I get job in 2016 after having 7 backlogs?
3rd June 2011, 06:21 PM
Bishwajit Giri
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Navy if I had 1 backlog in previous semester of computer science and engineering? If my aggregate is 60% to 70% then can I apply for it? Would the backlogs affect my chances?

You are thinking for the service of our own country,its very very good,but you have not yet completed your B.Tech Degree,first of all I will say to complete the degree.

However,

Indian navy takes an examination to appoint their candidates. Generally examination is held twice a year in the months of June and December.

Eligibility Criteria :-

Nationality :- Indian.
Marital Status :- Unmarried.
Educational Qualifications :- You have to pass 12th or equivalent with Science and Mathematics with 60% or above marks in aggregate.
Age Limits :- 15 to 18 years.

Physical Standards:-
Minimum height: 157 cm
Minimum eye standard: Without glasses better eye 6/6 and worse 6/9
Color perception: CP II

Application Procedure:
You have to complete the application form as per format given in the Employment News on a plain paper either handwritten or typed if you are fulfilled with the eligibility criteria.

Exam Procedure :-
If you are eligible then you will be called for the written examination which includes :-
(i)Science
(ii)Mathematics
(iiiGeneral Knowledge
(iv)English

The question paper will be of objective-type of 75 minutes duration.

So,don't worry,I think you will not face problem onwards,you can apply.
12th June 2011, 09:40 AM
Unregistered

Default Re: Am I eligible for Indian Navy if I had 1 backlog in previous semester of computer science and engineering? If my aggregate is 60% to 70% then can I apply for it? Would the backlogs affect my chances?

sir, my name is Himanshu Ranjan . I'm the student of computer science in 4th year . I'm doing my B.E. from nagpur university. I want to join indian navy . but sir i got 57.6 % in 12th . but sir i can bring above 60 % in the degree of B.E. .
sir , am i eligible for indian navy ?
please reply me.
14th July 2011, 07:31 AM
Unregistered

just want to ask for future refrence that does backlog affects a lot?
25th August 2011, 10:02 PM
Unregistered

i am an mechanical engineering final year student, want to join indian navy but my 12th% is below 60. can i join indian navy? And how? Reply.
25th August 2011, 10:23 PM
rana2011
Banned

Eligibility Criteria :-

Nationality :- Indian.
Marital Status :- Unmarried.
Educational Qualifications :- You have to pass 12th or equivalent with Science and Mathematics with 60% or above marks in aggregate.
Age Limits :- 15 to 18 years.

Physical Standards:-

Minimum height: 157 cm
Minimum eye standard: Without glasses better eye 6/6 and worse 6/9
Color perception: CP II

Application Procedure:-

You have to complete the application form as per format given in the Employment News on a plain paper either handwritten or typed if you are fulfilled with the eligibility criteria.

Exam Procedure :-

If you are eligible then you will be called for the written examination which includes :-
(i)Science
(ii)Mathematics
(iiiGeneral Knowledge
(iv)English

Thanks!!
26th August 2011, 01:15 AM
ANIAAAAANNNNNIIIII00000

Dear friend,
I am very sorry to say but yes your backlog will effect, but don't worry after clearing your backlog you can apply for it and there will no matter whether you had a backlog in past or not.
21st September 2011, 11:14 PM
Unregistered

sir i am mahesh kumar mechanical branch i had baklog in 2 practical then please tell me am i eligible for indian navy or not....
23rd October 2011, 08:24 AM
Unregistered

u cant apply for indian navy,if u had any backlogs while pursuing ur engg.
12th July 2012, 09:55 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I'm rahul i want to join indian navy, currently i'm student of B.E 5th sem of branch electrical engg. Of nagpur university( in 10th 59 %,12th 63% and 1st yer 55%,3rd sem 58% and 4th sem 64% and bate of birth 20.2.1990) may i eligable for iandian navy.
29th October 2012, 10:45 AM
Unregistered

respected sir iam student of electrical engg. now i am in 2nd year i want to join indian army after completing my degree, what are the physical requirments is there any problem of apendex operation in eligibility, give me advise sir
5th November 2012, 10:49 AM
Unregistered

Am i eligible to write ibps exam by having current backlog in 6th semester?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?