5th September 2014, 08:30 PM
Unregistered

Do Information Technology engineers have a chance to join Military Academy?

Respected sir,
i'm nilesh palve.sir i want to join military academy but sir i'm appearing in last year engeering in information technology.so,my quries is that in I.T. field to get in chance to join military academy.

Related Questions:
  1. Any chance for females to join Military as engineers? Eligibility conditions for the same?
  2. How to join Indian Military Academy? I have completed B.Com
  3. Do I stand a chance to get placed as an officer in Military Academy after completion of 3rd year engineering?
  4. How should I join Indian Military Academy being a candidate working in a Software Company for 2 years?
  5. Can girls join military academy after 12th? Am I eligible for this academy at age 17?
  6. Am i able to join Indian Military Academy after passing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  7. How should I join military academy after passing 12th in Commerce section
  8. Can I join Indian Military Academy after passing diploma in Mechanical Engineering and 12th in Arts?
  9. Can I join Indian Military Academy being a candidate having completed 12th Class with 66% of marks?
  10. Am I eligible to join Indian Military Engineering after passing 12th and Arts? I am 19 years old
  11. Can I be eligible to join Indian Army or Indian Military Academy?
  12. How to join Indian Military Academy while pursuing BBA? What is the date of the exam?
  13. Can I join military academy if my height is 157 CM? Last 10 years question papers of UPSC CDS exam?
  14. How to join Indian Military Academy? What is the minimum qualification to join Millitary academy? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. How to join Indian Military Academy after completing MBA?
  16. How can I join Indian Military Academy after B.com? What is the age limit?
  17. Information about Indian Military Academy? I have passed 12th commerce this year
  18. How to join Indian Military Academy if I am a student of class 12th
7th September 2014, 04:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Do Information Technology engineers have a chance to join Military Academy?

Only Graduation in any stream is sufficient for Officers' Training Academy. You can join Officers' Training Academy through CDS examination, which is conducted by UPSC twice in a year.

Hence, don't worry, if you have a IT Graduation and be prepared for the CDS examination. The age limit for CDS examination for various Defense Academies is given below. Make sure that you satisfy the age crtieria.

1. Indian Air Force Academy : 19 to 23 years
2. Indian Naval Academy : 19 to 22 years
3. Indian Military Academy : 19 to 24 years
4. Officers' Training Academy : 19 to 25 years

Selection is based on the performance in the following stages and you have to perform very well to get into the merit list for selection.

1. Written Exam
2. SSB Interview
3. Medical Examination

For more information visit http://indianarmy.nic.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?