30th July 2016, 07:44 PM
Unregistered

Can a CA student write Indian Foreign Services exam? Which subject is better for Indian Foreign Services exam?

Hello sir, I am a CA Final student after completion of its I want to become an IFS officer. Eligibility criteria for CA student to write IFS exam? Is it possible then please tell me which subject is better for me?

31st July 2016, 03:20 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Can a CA student write Indian Foreign Services exam? Which subject is better for Indian Foreign Services exam?

The posts of IFS are filled up through the civil services examination conducted by the UPSC.

According to the eligibility criteria released by the UPSC :

* The candidate should be a citizen of India.

* The candidate should have completed graduation through any stream under the scheme of 10+2+3 at least form a recognized university.

* The candidate should be of 21 years at least at the time of application.

* The candidate should be physically and medically fit.

So, no matter which graduation degree you pursue, you will be eligible for the CSE.

Being a CA, you will be having an extra benefit of taking Commerce as your optional subject and you might be having a command over the Indian Economy section of the GS, which will benefit you greatly.
31st July 2016, 07:17 PM
TLSAAAA
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can a CA student write Indian Foreign Services exam? Which subject is better for Indian Foreign Services exam?

Yes, after completion of Chartered Accountant course you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination.

Civil Service examination is conducted for recruitment of candidates as I.A.S, I.F.S, I.P.S etc. The eligibility to appear for examination is :-

Candidate must have passed bachelor degree/equivalent from recognised university.

Candidate's age must be between 21-32 years with relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you are eligible to appear for examination. You are eligible for selection of paper as from list of optional paper according to your interest. For more information about examination visit at www.upsc.gov.in.
31st July 2016, 09:24 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello sir, I am a CA Final student after completion of its I want to become an IFS officer. Eligibility criteria for CA student to write IFS exam? Is it possible then please tell me which subject is better for me?
No, CA candidates are not eligible for Indian Foreign Services exam.

If you have completed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University, then you are eligible for Indian Foreign Services exam.

Your age should be in between 21 years to 30 years for general candidates. Age relaxation is given below -

5 years relaxation for SC/ST candidates
3 years relaxation for OBC Candidates
10 years relaxation for PHC candidates
5 years relaxation for Ex-serviceman

You should choose History subject as a optional subject.
31st July 2016, 09:58 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

CA stands for Chartered Accountancy and it is considered equivalent to bachelor's degree.

But for Indian Forest Services examination, academic qualification is that candidate must have done bachelor's degree with at least any of subject like botany, zoology, mathematics, physics, chemistry, statistics.

The other qualification is bachelor's degree in agriculture, veterinary science or bachelor's degree in engineering.

If you have studied any of the subjects mentioned above in Chartered Accountancy course then you are eligible otherwise there is no chance for you to appear for this exam.
31st July 2016, 11:01 PM
Effort Never Dies
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you are eligible to apply for Indian Foreign Services Examination being a CA Candidate. The qualification required is as follows.

>> Candidates must hold a degree of any of universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under section 3 of the University Grants Commission.

>> You are doing CA which is equivalent to graduation so you can apply for Indian foreign services based on my knowledge.
31st July 2016, 11:24 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Yes ,is CA is equivalent to the bachelor degree. So, you are eligible to appear for Civil Service examination and hence eligible for recruitment in Indian Foreign Service.

For final recruitment you have to appear and qualify in Civil Service examination. Civil Service examination is conducted by UPSC. The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed bachelor degree in any discipline from recognised university and age limit is 21-32 years.

So, you can appear for examination and after appearing and qualifying in each of the stages eligible for next stage. So, you need to start preparation for examination.

The selection of course for optional paper depend upon your interest and be very careful while selection do not get confused or become misinterpreted by anyone.
31st July 2016, 11:36 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Yes, why not, Chartered Accountants are eligible for Indian Foreign Services. Chartered accountancy is considered as equivalent to bachelor's degree. The eligibility criteria for Civil Services examination that is conducted by UPSC for Indian Foreign Services is bachelor's degree from a recognized university. You can select accountancy as optional subject for mains optional.

The age limit for candidates of general category is 21-32 years. Upper age relaxation to OBC and reserved category candidates. To become IFS officer, you will have to clear all three stages of this exam, preliminary exam, mains exam and interview.
1st August 2016, 12:55 AM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

Yes, candidates passed CA from recognised university are eligible to appear for India's toughest examination conducted for recruitment as I.A.S, I.F.S etc.

The age limit to appear for examination is 21-32 years and relaxation in age for reserved category.

So, you can prepare for examination to appear and qualify in it.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?